DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 03 Ram QC , 08 CSRT4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:43
kmdracer is on a distinguished road

I've looked at the nice "polished" rims on the trucks here at my dealership. I'm not familiar with chrome ones on the new trucks. I was just confused as the exactly where the OP was trying to clean dirt and dust BEHIND of what?
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2010, 11:23 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdracer View Post
I've looked at the nice "polished" rims on the trucks here at my dealership. I'm not familiar with chrome ones on the new trucks. I was just confused as the exactly where the OP was trying to clean dirt and dust BEHIND of what?
If you go up to a new Ram with chrome spoked wheels and tap it with your finger nail it will have a plastic sound. That is the "chrome clad". Feel around behind the spoke and you'll see where dirt can get piled in there if playing in the mud/dirt, etc.

Other issue is that if you have these wheels and ever have a tire taken off or get new tires and need them balanced, it requires a special adapter that not all tire places may have. Without it you get improperly balanced tires and a whole pile of headaches trying to track down a vibration.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 09-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Resistol Mega
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Slate & Tan
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
itobiuslee is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Clarification of my disatisfaction

There are infact plastic wheel covers on the truck, like you would find on a base model 1997 dodge neon. If you should ever venture off paved ashfault, you will get a build-up of dust behind the wheel covers. After spending 10 or 12 bucks at the car wash, you will still have dirty water runnig out over the covers. So you wipe them down....however, there is still water behind them. When you get to where you were going, the wheels are covered in dirty water streaks again.

Point is, you buy a top of the line truck with a heated steering wheel to wi-fi, you shouldnt have to put up with this crap. I refuse to spin this into a positive just cause I like the dodge, fix the damn wheels. TL

PS, I also own a 08 Resistol Dually, I knew it had wheel covers, all duallys do.

Last edited by itobiuslee; 09-09-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:51 AM

RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by itobiuslee View Post
There are infact plastic wheel covers on the truck, like you would find on a base model 1997 dodge neon. If you should ever venture off paved ashfault, you will get a build-up of dust behind the wheel covers. After spending 10 or 12 bucks at the car wash, you will still have dirty water runnig out over the covers. So you wipe them down....however, there is still water behind them. When you get to where you were going, the wheels are covered in dirty water streaks again.

Point is, you buy a top of the line truck with a heated steering wheel to wi-fi, you shouldnt have to put up with this crap. I refuse to spin this into a positive just cause I like the dodge, fix the damn wheels. TL

PS, I also own a 08 Resisol Dually, I knew it had wheel covers, all duallys do.
Do like I did, send an email to Dodge via their Owner's site. The more they get, the better chance of getting them to stop it.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 09-09-2010, 01:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Resistol Mega
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Slate & Tan
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
itobiuslee is on a distinguished road
Default Feedback

I looked around for a bit on the site, I could not find anywhere to vent. (so I came here) I absolutely agree, the truck has made leaps and bounds forward...I would be thrilled to keep them pointed in the right direction. That would be great if you would provide us with the link.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itobiuslee View Post
I looked around for a bit on the site, I could not find anywhere to vent. (so I came here) I absolutely agree, the truck has made leaps and bounds forward...I would be thrilled to keep them pointed in the right direction. That would be great if you would provide us with the link.
Scroll down to "contact us". https://www.dodge.com/hostb/crossbrand/owners/en/
Old 09-09-2010, 04:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
astros50 is on a distinguished road

I was pretty pissed when I washed my wheels for the first time and discovered that those beautiful 20 inch wheels were plastic.*

I have resigned myself to the fact that they're not the real deal. As long as they last and stay shiny, I don't really care. *If they turn crappy after a few years then I guess I'll get to refresh the looks of my baby.*
Old 09-09-2010, 06:50 AM

Vehicle: 2010 ram quadcab
Trim Level: slt,big horn,bucket
Color: black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
vided is on a distinguished road

how bout a pozitive spin.......
by having plastic chrome your doing your part to al core america.
your saving a metal tree.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icOVERu View Post
I am not going to lie, I couldn't stand them on my LARAMIE either! I was very heated after I bought it to find out the truth. This is I think, my one biggest area of dissappointment with Dodge.

+1

It is amazing to me that car makers continually disappoint with items like these. Plastic chrome hub caps? Give me a break! They look like a pimp mobile.

I shot Dodge an e-mail and asked them; "Hey Dodge! Are you listening?"

Last edited by Quiet Lunatic; 09-09-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:48 AM

Vehicle: 03 Ram QC , 08 CSRT4
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:43
kmdracer is on a distinguished road

Okay, so let me get this straight, the Polished rims are not clad, but the chrome ones are? Sound suspiciously like some chrome rims that Ford had on the F150s a few years ago.

All I can go my is my old 03 Ram. The rims a clad, but I don't think they were supposed to be chrome, more of a polished look, and there is NO gap. The cladding is bonded directly to the aluminum of the rims.
I feel for you guys now, I'd be pissed as heck too.