DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Find em hot leave em wet

Vehicle: 12 RAM 1500 qc 4x4 HEMI
Trim Level: express
Color: bright silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:204
moparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura about

I would personally never lift a 2wd truck unless I moved out west to where I could do some sand type stuff but hey your truck looks good people do plenty of dumber things to truck and there are plenty of people who lift there 4x4s and never wheel em so w/e who cares just my .02
Sponsored links
Old 02-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:637
sk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to all

I can see both sides points to this, but I am a believer that if it is something you like, it's your ride don't worry about what other people say because 99% of the time it's just jealousy ! If it was a complete waste the aftermarket wouldn't bother with it and there are a lot of nice kits out there now for 2wd trucks. I've seen several and think they look awesome ! For me, I live in the mountains so a sky-hi 4wd suits me best, but if I lived somewhere like Cali, you bet i'd sport a Hi-2wd cause it looks cool and not much need for the 4wd part and you save a few bucks that way.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:05 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
dirtrider29 is on a distinguished road

Different people use there trucks for different things if you live in an area where 4wd is not nessasary and you have no desire to go offloading then why get a 4wd truck and if you like they way the truck looks with a lift then more power to you, lift it
Old 02-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ffemtroberts is on a distinguished road

F*** the Haters bro! On the reals, I'm gonna drop a leveling kit on my '10 CrewCab SLT Lonestar 2wd (assuming my wife won't give in to my demands for an '11 4X4 Laramie first) and put some good, mildly aggressive all terrains on the factory 20s. I have seen a few done that way in my hometown, and they look as good as any of the 4x4s, but get the look for less dough. Like most people who buy a brand new truck, I won't be in a hurry to go crazy off of the beaten paths, but I do drive a lot in New Mexico, Oklahoma, and the Texas panhandle during the winter months. In conditions like the recent ice and snow, 4x4 doesn't help much besides getting unstuck AFTER sliding off the roadway. On ice, 4x4 or 2wd still has 4 tires slippin & slidin!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:29 AM

Vehicle: 1989 Dodge Ram 50
Trim Level: Standard
Color: Primered Black
Rep:71
Ram50Man will become famous soon enough

I say Lift away!... I personally use to own a lifted 4wd Jeep, and you know what, if you know what you are doing while off roading, you shouldnt need to put it into 4wd, cause 99% when you get stuck, thats it your stuck, regardless of how many wheels you have! I for some reason had never been in a situation where 4wd helped me out. Now that i think about it, the only time i used my 4wd drive was for driving around town in the snow.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 03 2500 heavy duty
Color: white
Rep:35
DARB24 is on a distinguished road

i only use my 4x4 for when its really snowy and i dont feel like slip sliding around but sometimes thats more fun to slip slide around and for wheelin i dont think you need 4x4 cause when your stuck you most likely are stuck to the point where 4x4 will not help you at all. If i had a 2wd, that b**** would be higher than cheech and chong and i would like it that way just my .02
Old 03-01-2011, 04:44 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:637
sk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to all

I don't think there is anything wrong with lifted 2wd's. If you live in a area that you don't need 4wd, jack that b***h Sky High ! If I lived somewhere where I could get away with a 2wd that's what I'd do ! If anything people should feel good that people are lifting their 2wd's, they look just as good and just that many more Tall Rams to check out !
Old 03-01-2011, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 2004 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: black
Rep:31
charlieb is on a distinguished road

whats the difference lifting a 2wd doesnt have a big ole trans axle to look at, i think it looks great.i had to buy 4x4 cause i cant get up my 175 foot driveway at a 25 degree slope in the winter wifes front wheel drive rarely makes it with out winter tires.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:50 PM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 3500 Big Horn
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:52
sdram03 will become famous soon enough

i think you should do whatever YOU want to do and GO F everyone else. that's the way i am. i equate lifted trucks to riding jap bikes in Harley Country a.k.a. STURGIS. i've always rode Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha and i never let it bother me when the Bikers would have comments about my Jap POS because i had everything i could want - Better brakes, more power, lighter, dependability, better cornering, and (for me) MUCH better comfort. That's just ME and that's what i think you should. if you want to lift a 2wd.... DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't even look for the difference when i see a lifted Ram. they are all cool except the SKY HIGH lifted ones cause they serve no purpose for me. if i need, or even worse, my wife, needs a step ladder to get in, then it's not for me. i had a 1976 PW with a 4" lift and 33's. not much lift, but my Honey was not too happy having to jump up into it. She's only 4'11". if Mama ain't happy, family ain't happy. When i get the money, i intend to lower my lil 2wd a wee lil bit - 2/4 and that's just about perfect for us. i used to hate lowered trucks, but after watching my lil Honey trying to get into my newer "stock" Rams, i see the practicality of it - less wind drag, better cornering, easier access for driving and working on, and DIFFERENT!!!

Good Luck in whatever anyone does to change their truck and ENJOY IT!!!!!!!:smil eup:
Old 03-01-2011, 10:56 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1338
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of

I can't remember if I posted her before or not, but my fight would be if it's wrong to lift a 2WD then wouldn't it also be wrong to keep a 4x4 at stock height?

I think people need to mind their own business and let other people do as they wish.
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.