DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

I had a 2x4 Thunder Road edition 2006 and loved the stock lifted stance. Road a good two inches above the stock SLT version.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 dodge ram QC
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Fast4dr is on a distinguished road

heres my 2004 QC 2wd with 9" of lift, i had it lowered but just wanted something different so i jacked it up...have you guys priced 2011-2012 1500 4x4 lately? no thanks!! ill just change my look a little bit. i pro charged (supercharged) the hemi with all bolt on's, its going to get a 06-08front conversion and repainted white, in sept I'm going to order 22"black rockstars and 35's with 4.56 gears. my 2wd will be one of the best looking trucks on the street and is somebody wants to run there mouth about a lifted 2wd, ill say come line up against it and get smoked by this 2wd!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-05-2012, 01:37 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossemer75 View Post
Ok so I'm gonna chime in on this subject and rant a little with my 2 cents..
Haters are not car guys.. They are narrow minded people who don't see the value in what others see in there rides..... I can't speak for all of the folks on this board, but I got into cars/trucks because of my passion for them... The car culture is so wide spread and diverse, I mean where else or in what other world could a kid crankin hip hop in there riced out civic have something in common with a 60something year old with a fully restored Imperial enjoying the sounds of the chairman of the board, and actually have a conversation.. That's he type of thing that keep me car crazy (thanks Barry Meguiar lol!) Haters are usually jealous because they don't have a sweet ride like you do.... 2wd, 4wd, fwd, rwd, awd all have there place in this wacky world of cars... we all have reasons why we do what we do to our vehicles, and just because someone else doesn't understand the why or reason that's there bag to hold... I have my preferences but still enjoy someone else's passion for there ride... I don't like Fords one bit but I can't count how many times I've stopped at a car show because I wanted to check out a cool F150 or something... Haters are also the kinda people that make it possible for government to pass legislation like cash for clunkers.... They give car guys a bad name and hurt our hobby, and is why they tick me off... So to sum up this rant, don't sweat what others say if you want to build a pink ram 2500 with a V6, 10" lift, 30" Toyo Proxy st's on 24" dubs, an front wheel drive conversion... I say go for it... It's your ride, it's your passion, it's your vision an that's what makes it cool!!!!
gossemer, sure your not "stacy david" posting under a fake name? i hear him coming through loud and clear, and i agree.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:09 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Rep:22
Raneman is on a distinguished road

Just debadge your truck so the majority of people wont even realize its a 2wd
Old 04-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2001 Ram
Trim Level: Base
Color: Blue
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:11
dezertrunner is on a distinguished road

Pickup trucks are not offroad vehicles. 2WD or 4WD. Yeah, I said it.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:18 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:100
LeKy411 will become famous soon enoughLeKy411 will become famous soon enough

I have plenty of friends with lifted 4X4's.....how many times have they gone off roading? None.....how many times have they used 4X4.....none.

I have a 4X4 and use it when its snowing like a mother in Chicago. This year once.

It's your truck, only opinion that matters is yours. Its like chrome or black....I prefer chrome, others black. Hell I am putting the money towards it....I'll make it pink if I want to.

Enjoy the lift. I am jealous and want one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewedscrewedtattooed View Post
so let me ask everyone this......what is the deal with everyone talking crap about people who lift 2WD trucks? people on youtube and people i talk to around where i live talk so much crap about people who lift 2WD trucks. i understand that people lift 4X4 trucks so that they can go off road and all of that jazz. what about the people who have trucks but dont own them to do off roading? what about the people who just want a lifted truck because of the way it looks? is that such a bad thing? i own a 2WD lifted dodge and i love it. people come up to me and ask me why i lifted a 2WD truck or tell me that im dumb that my truck is lifted. Really??? do people have enough time on their hands to worry about why someone does something to their vehicle that doesnt have anything to do with the person who is not minding their own business? does it show a threat to 4X4 owners who have lifted trucks that 2WD owners are doing the same? i would like to hear what people think about this. whether you say that lifted 2WD is dumb or not tell me what you think.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:53 AM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

I would rather see a lifted 2WD pickup than a lowered one
But ya, it's all personal choice and people can either like it or not but that's about it. No need to be a jerk about it, they're not paying for it or driving it!

Each person should make their vehicle fit their taste. I would hate to see every single Dodge RAM truck on the road look exactly like mine!

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 04-06-2012, 08:55 AM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

Oh ya, it's worse to see a big badass lifted 4x4 with chrome parts all under it and know it never touches dirt!
Personally, I bought a 4x4 to get my butt out of the trouble I find.

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 04-07-2012, 01:45 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi
Color: Brilliant Crystal Pearl Black
Rep:11
dork is on a distinguished road

I have a 2wd truck and I get a lot of shit for it. The main reason I got it was because I know if I got a 4x4 I would have rallied the shit out of that truck off roading. But now that I have only 4x2 I have that thought in my head that if I do go off roading I'll get stuck. So it stops me. And personally I don't mind it at all. I get great highway gas mileage. And when other punk ass trucks wanna race me from a dig, I always get the launch seeing as my truck is posi while they do there one tire fire. And I can spin bitches in a parking lot like no other

Like someone said, it's a personal choice.

55w 5k HID, 35w 5k fogs, LED everything, Black 3.5mm grille with rebadge, Debadged/demolded, Painted Head Tail Lights, Painted LED TBL, Plastidiped wheels, 13" 5% tint strip, 35% tint windshield and front windows, 5% rear tint, Truxedo, Passport 8500, Custom K&N CAI, DSP 91 tune, 18" Magna
Old 04-07-2012, 03:08 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:23
BradZ is on a distinguished road

I came from mustangs to F150s to rams now, and personally I couldn't care less what somebody else does with their stuff and their money. If you like it, do it