DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-14-2010, 12:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
Rogers Rams is on a distinguished road
Default Keyless Entry?

My factory keyless entry sucks! If i'm not standing right next to the vehicle it barely works.....I had a dodge charger before i got the Ram and the keyless entry on the charger worked from damn near anywhere on the planet! I could lock my doors from inside of buildings & everything. But the keyless entry on my Ram sucks really really bad. The dealer programed me a new one and that one sucks also. They told me it was nothing else they could do, call Chyrsler and complain about it........Have anyone else had this problem with their factory keyless entry?(I have to actually point the key at the truck like i'm using a tv remote)>_<
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Jim Ram is on a distinguished road

I can use the remote start of mine 100 yards away and it works....maybe they keep giving you bad batteries?
Old 09-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

I have found with mine, that it is consistently, inconsistent!
Most of the time, it works great...but every once in a while, it doesn't appear to work while I'm standing at the truck with my hand on the door trying to unlock it.
What I have been doing recently, is to press the buttons slowly and deliberately and holding it for a good second. I have notice a much improved success rate.
One thing that is very consistent. Every time I pickup a large heavy item, like a large speaker box, the remote start works!

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 09-14-2010, 12:54 AM

One time while walking in to my house the remote start started the truck. I guess I have too many keys on my keychain, I had to eliminate a few and the problem seems to have gone away.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ram View Post
One time while walking in to my house the remote start started the truck. I guess I have too many keys on my keychain, I had to eliminate a few and the problem seems to have gone away.
Just after I got mine, I was installing the tailgate lock, climbed under the truck to run the wiring along the frame, and while adjusting my position on the creeper, the truck started. Yup....Brown everywhere!

Now when I work on the truck, I have either the hood or a door open.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 09-14-2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Just after I got mine, I was installing the tailgate lock, climbed under the truck to run the wiring along the frame, and while adjusting my position on the creeper, the truck started. Yup....Brown everywhere!

Now when I work on the truck, I have either the hood or a door open.
hahaha awesome. Yeah I know the truck won't start with the drivers door open. I tried starting it while someone was gwaking at the interior in the drivers seat and it didn't work.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

your doors need to be locked, windows open or closed to start it
1 press of the button, unlocks the drivers door ONLY
2 times pressed, all other doors open, on mine if you continue to hold the button down on the 2nd push, the front windows drop
sometimes you have to push the button a 3rd time to get the front windows to go down
the front windows don't go back up until you insert the key & hit the windows up button
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 09-14-2010, 11:48 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Plus
Rep:11
charlie3133 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
your doors need to be locked, windows open or closed to start it
1 press of the button, unlocks the drivers door ONLY
2 times pressed, all other doors open, on mine if you continue to hold the button down on the 2nd push, the front windows drop
sometimes you have to push the button a 3rd time to get the front windows to go down
the front windows don't go back up until you insert the key & hit the windows up button

You can change the unlock options in the EVIC though.

I have it set up so one button press unlocks all the doors
Old 09-14-2010, 05:21 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Rep:83
Turbovsix will become famous soon enough

I, too, have found that it's inconsistent. There are times that I'll get no response, so I wait a few seconds, and then it responds. Also, the range isn't nearly as good as the fob was on my last 300M. I can use mine maybe from 50 yards away but certainly not 100.

Also, I've noticed that the design of the fob is much more susceptible to keys being inadvertently pressed while in your pocket. Found both my windows half-way down the other day.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: SLT Bighorn
Color: Bright White
Rep:11
LBZ HEMI is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogers Rams View Post
My factory keyless entry sucks! If i'm not standing right next to the vehicle it barely works.....I had a dodge charger before i got the Ram and the keyless entry on the charger worked from damn near anywhere on the planet! I could lock my doors from inside of buildings & everything. But the keyless entry on my Ram sucks really really bad. The dealer programed me a new one and that one sucks also. They told me it was nothing else they could do, call Chyrsler and complain about it........Have anyone else had this problem with their factory keyless entry?(I have to actually point the key at the truck like i'm using a tv remote)>_<
check the tsb and recall section i posted a RRT that dodge is doing in response to this issue take it to dealer and have it done hope this helps