DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Drkangel1 is on a distinguished road

No need to leave mine in my truck mine is on my hip on duty and off duty just in case. God Bless the USA.
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

I take it ur a police officer?

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance
Old 09-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 4X4 Crew Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
dozier68 is on a distinguished road

I have an old Colt Army Special .38 in my center console. It's a very nice gun and shoots really well. Luckily in MS we don't have to have a CC permit because our vehicle is considered an extension of our home. I not only keep the gun for protection, but also to kill snakes, beavers, and any other varmits that I don't want around.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

I didnt know that MS was a no cc. I knew it was a carry state though.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:29 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 4X4 Crew Cab
Trim Level: ST
dozier68 is on a distinguished road

Well, to carry it on your body you need a permit but you don't need anything to keep it in your vehicle.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram sport 4x4
Trim Level: sport
Color: blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:99
heffs03mach1 will become famous soon enough

texas is the shit we can keep a loaded weapon in the console or wherever and no one gives a shit.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:48 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Slt
Cbr1107 is on a distinguished road

First off, as this is only my second post, hello to everyone. My name is Christopher. I was born and raised in Tx and now reside in WI as I am in the Coast Guard. I saw this thread and figured I'd jump in. I grew up hunting and fishing so needless to say I love firearms. They are a tool. I am the best pistol shooter at my unit (Sig P229DAK) and I carry a 1911 outside of work and even shot an IDPA match last year for fun.

Ok...this is why I was really responding to this thread. I didn't read all the posts but I read a couple pages. While I DO like the idea of this thread, I don't think it is a good idea to post that you keep a firearm in your vehicle. Ultimately, I don't know you, and you don't know me. Most of you don't personally know each other. I am sure this forum is full of great people, but chances are there are a few hardened, dangerous, call them what you will criminals. After reading a couple pages it became VERY clear that if someone wanted it would be fairly easy to steal some of these firearms. Atleast the ones that would be near where that person lived. I am sure that some of you have your concealed carry permits and take the guns in to the stores or whereever else you are going with you. What about those of you who leave them in your truck? Just food for thought. The same principle applies the media outlets like Facebook as well. People lime to post things like when they are going out of town and personal information on there, both of which help make you an easier target. Same goes for repair men or people who come to your door selling magazine subscriptions. I might actually be selling candy door to door, but that doesn't mean I am not also trying to gauge what valuables you might have by looking in through front door you so graciously opened all the way to talk to me. Like I said, food for thought........
Old 10-03-2011, 01:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: None right now
Rep:11
camoman214 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbr1107 View Post
First off, as this is only my second post, hello to everyone. My name is Christopher. I was born and raised in Tx and now reside in WI as I am in the Coast Guard. I saw this thread and figured I'd jump in. I grew up hunting and fishing so needless to say I love firearms. They are a tool. I am the best pistol shooter at my unit (Sig P229DAK) and I carry a 1911 outside of work and even shot an IDPA match last year for fun.

Ok...this is why I was really responding to this thread. I didn't read all the posts but I read a couple pages. While I DO like the idea of this thread, I don't think it is a good idea to post that you keep a firearm in your vehicle. Ultimately, I don't know you, and you don't know me. Most of you don't personally know each other. I am sure this forum is full of great people, but chances are there are a few hardened, dangerous, call them what you will criminals. After reading a couple pages it became VERY clear that if someone wanted it would be fairly easy to steal some of these firearms. Atleast the ones that would be near where that person lived. I am sure that some of you have your concealed carry permits and take the guns in to the stores or whereever else you are going with you. What about those of you who leave them in your truck? Just food for thought. The same principle applies the media outlets like Facebook as well. People lime to post things like when they are going out of town and personal information on there, both of which help make you an easier target. Same goes for repair men or people who come to your door selling magazine subscriptions. I might actually be selling candy door to door, but that doesn't mean I am not also trying to gauge what valuables you might have by looking in through front door you so graciously opened all the way to talk to me. Like I said, food for thought........
I think it would be mighty hard for a criminal to track down most members of this forum. There really isn't a lot of identifiable personal information posted, so chances are slim. Of course, I don't trust anyone... not even myself.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:18 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Slt
Cbr1107 is on a distinguished road

You are right. Just looking at the site you probably couldn't. However, I have only looked at a handful of pages and posts and I have seen where people are talking about where they live and so on. Is it probably never going to happen? Probably. It's just you never know. I was just pointing out how people give away information to easily.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

This is just my opinion on it, but I live in Auburn, AL population of 53,000+ so if any1 can locate and find where me and my truck are, there are 2 15 round clips waiting. Again this is my thought, also breaking an entering is now a felony where i live so this also will deter a few criminals. Just my outlook on it.