DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:25
GolfSIX is on a distinguished road

I have a PX4, Walther P99, S&W M&P AR15, SKS, and never once wanted or felt like I needed to carry off duty. Reading this thread was quite insightful, glad to live where I do.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:14
MiRamDriver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfSIX View Post
I have a PX4, Walther P99, S&W M&P AR15, SKS, and never once wanted or felt like I needed to carry off duty. Reading this thread was quite insightful, glad to live where I do.
Crimes occur when and where you least expect them. As the old saying goes "I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it".
Old 10-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRamDriver View Post
Crimes occur when and where you least expect them. As the old saying goes "I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it".
+1 if it saves my life or another in my car then it is worth it

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance
Old 10-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
chrisisbored24 is on a distinguished road

thing is up here in canada, we tend to have less gun crime in most parts of the country compared to the US, be it the higher population density or the stricter gun laws up here, most of us see no need to have a gun loaded and ready to go within reach at all times.

i personally think it has a lot to do with the fact that in most states u can buy a fully automatic weapon (yes at this point it is nothing more than a weapon and not a "tool" or "firearm") and you only have to be 21 and not a felon.

in canada the laws are much different to even buy a rifle/shotgun for hunting takes a firearms training course, background check, references, notification of your current or ex wives/husbands etc. no "2 week cooling off period" or something like that.

and thats for a non restricted firearms license (i believe the limit is the barrel must be longer than like 44cm, anything shorter is considered "restricted" which means further checks more paperwork and a completely different license to own a hand gun.)

now if u want to take that handgun to the range u need another permit to transport it. as said before in a locked container, unloaded and trigger locked

hell even in your own house your rifles must be stored unloaded, trigger locked and secured either in a safe or i believe cable locked to something.

plus all firearms you buy in canada are registered, you need your registration card to buy ammo (you can not buy ammo for a gun that is not listed on your registration)

personally i think the licensing is a good idea, tho the registry is a waste of time and money, as very few crimes are committed with registered firearms.

but in general up here we have less car jackings, armed robberies etc than in most of your bigger US cities.

personally id rather have a can of bear spray in my truck than a gun.

oh we also have tighter laws regarding "excessive force" than u do in the US. if someone pulls a knife on me and i shoot him, i go to jail. if i stab him with my knife (which i generally have on my belt, i think a knife is a much more useful thing to have in case of an emergency than a gun, but thats just me) then i can claim self defense.

with bear spray i can just say i was out hiking in the mountains and my backpack was in the pass. seat, shouldnt kill a perp, but would definately take the fight outta him, and i have no idea how those foot prints got on his chest and back officer...... he must have fallen into a pile of shoes...
Old 10-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisisbored24 View Post
thing is up here in canada, we tend to have less gun crime in most parts of the country compared to the US, be it the higher population density or the stricter gun laws up here, most of us see no need to have a gun loaded and ready to go within reach at all times.

i personally think it has a lot to do with the fact that in most states u can buy a fully automatic weapon (yes at this point it is nothing more than a weapon and not a "tool" or "firearm") and you only have to be 21 and not a felon.

in canada the laws are much different to even buy a rifle/shotgun for hunting takes a firearms training course, background check, references, notification of your current or ex wives/husbands etc. no "2 week cooling off period" or something like that.

and thats for a non restricted firearms license (i believe the limit is the barrel must be longer than like 44cm, anything shorter is considered "restricted" which means further checks more paperwork and a completely different license to own a hand gun.)

now if u want to take that handgun to the range u need another permit to transport it. as said before in a locked container, unloaded and trigger locked

hell even in your own house your rifles must be stored unloaded, trigger locked and secured either in a safe or i believe cable locked to something.

plus all firearms you buy in canada are registered, you need your registration card to buy ammo (you can not buy ammo for a gun that is not listed on your registration)

personally i think the licensing is a good idea, tho the registry is a waste of time and money, as very few crimes are committed with registered firearms.

but in general up here we have less car jackings, armed robberies etc than in most of your bigger US cities.

personally id rather have a can of bear spray in my truck than a gun.

oh we also have tighter laws regarding "excessive force" than u do in the US. if someone pulls a knife on me and i shoot him, i go to jail. if i stab him with my knife (which i generally have on my belt, i think a knife is a much more useful thing to have in case of an emergency than a gun, but thats just me) then i can claim self defense.

with bear spray i can just say i was out hiking in the mountains and my backpack was in the pass. seat, shouldnt kill a perp, but would definately take the fight outta him, and i have no idea how those foot prints got on his chest and back officer...... he must have fallen into a pile of shoes...
it is illegal in us to posess a fully auto weapon. There are exceptions to this etc but you are right if all firearms had to be registered it would help out, but the problem is most crimes that involve firearms are usually stolin. I can't think of too many people that would commit a crime with a registered weapon. I could be wrong that's just my 2 cents. I'm interested to see what the government is going to do reguarding all this over the next few years.

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance
Old 10-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Sport
Rep:10
Rocky388 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisisbored24 View Post

i'm not going to get into the other things you said..i disagree with most, but your opinion is yours and mine is mine. However, to obtain a fully automatic weapon you need a class 3 license, which requires a federal background check, as well as many other things far above and beyond "being 21 and not a felon"
Quote:
"Obtaining a class 3 permit is expensive and time consuming. Those factors alone keep most people from persuing them.

Try googling class 3 weapons permits and see what comes up. Or check and see if your even allowed to own them in the state you currently reside in.

A few things I can add are...
1. You may only own a machine gun that was manufactured and registered with the BATF before May 19, 1986. Weapons manufactured after that date are restricted for Military and Law Enforcement use only.

2.An individual purchasing a “ National Firearms Act Weapon “, NFA weapon or class 3 weapon is required to pay a one time, $200 Federal Excise Tax fee.

3.To obtain an NFA weapon, you must first select one. The reason is, forms are required to transfer the weapon from seller to buyer, requiring specific information. There are several types of forms to accommodate these transfers. A form “3”, accommodates dealer to dealer transfers (Class 3, in or out of state). A form “4”, accommodates dealer to individual transfers, within the state. Unlicensed individuals may not transfer class 3 weapons directly into their state. An active Class 3 license is required to execute the transfer. If you hold an active standard FFL, you may transfer the weapon in directly, however the law enforcement signature, photographs, and fingerprint cards are still required, as well as the $200 FET.

4.The form “4” is quite simple. It will be filled out in duplicate by your Class 3 dealer, showing the current owner of the weapon and address, your name and address, description of the weapon and serial number, etc.. You will be given the forms, along with a set of fingerprint cards. On the back of the form is a place for your photograph and your local law enforcement official’s signature.

5.The required signature may come from a multitude of sources. The Chief of Police, the Sheriff, District Attorney, a Federal judge, State Chief of Police, etc.. Typically the person signing this form “4”, will conduct a background check on you, insuring that you are a person in good standing, within your community. In fact, even if you are a fine upstanding member of the community, you will find this part of the NFA weapon acquisition, the most difficult. Why? Most of the local law enforcement officials today, are no longer police officers, but unfortunately, appointed politicians. You will find that they typically do not sign such documents, with their eyes closed and will generally give a “no” response via a “clerk”, when you call up like “Lever Action Bubba” screaming that he has to sign this form, so you can have your machine gun. The “no” answer is to slow down 99% of the individuals that just think they want a class 3 weapon. If you are dealing with a clerk and not him directly, this is what you deserve. However, there is the remaining 1%, that will do something intelligent, like make an appointment to talk about the signature, maybe have a cup of coffee, etc..

6.After you have obtained an official signature, return the forms along with your photographs (taped to the back), your fingerprint cards, and your check for $200, (payable to The Department of the Treasury) to your dealer. All of this information, along with the FET fee, will be forwarded to the BATF and they will begin the process of transferring the ownership of the weapon to your name. No, you don’t give up all your rights at this point. Search warrants are still required by law, these days, even for an individual that owns a class 3 weapon."
that's just a general breakdown taken from this message board: http://www.peta-sucks.com/smf/index.php?topic=25355.0
Old 10-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:0
UnLiMiTeD is an unknown quantity at this point

ok well lets put it more simple, its much easier to get a firearm in the states then it is in canada which might be a reason why the crimerate is quite lower here. Just my opinion on the subject..
Old 10-02-2010, 10:06 PM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Rep:108
drivehard27 will become famous soon enoughdrivehard27 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to drivehard27

well here in az everyone is aloud to have a canceled weapon so i have my kimber .45 in the driverside door im right haned but i dont want them to see it comeing
Old 10-02-2010, 10:08 PM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Rep:108
drivehard27 will become famous soon enoughdrivehard27 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to drivehard27

also wife carrys a 9 so were good
Old 10-02-2010, 10:41 PM

Trim Level: SLT
Color: Metallic Black
Rep:20
918Dodge is on a distinguished road

Mine's in a holster on my hip.

2010 Ram1500/SLT/RCSB/+Hemi