DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: Black/Silver stripes
Rep:134
TenneSST will become famous soon enoughTenneSST will become famous soon enough

The moderators on that forum threatened the guy and he finally got in contact with me. Of course, he had an excuse. He claimed he was in the hospital and couldn't send the package. Does the VA hospital have internet access for patients? He was on that other website multiple times and could have let me know this. I talked to him yesterday and he promised that he would send it this morning and e-mail me the shipping information. He hasn't yet. I sent him a PM on that forum and an e-mail. I also left a voice mail on his cell phone telling him he had until midnight tonight to fulfill his promise or I would proceed with what I have to do.
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2010, 05:42 PM
erm

Man...what a story!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

if you don't receive the bezel soon,
try to get reimbursed for the money order
if you kept all the correspondence & money order receipt & don't get any satisfaction, you can call one of the TV judges, just not Judge Judy & they arbitrate small claims hassels & you get a free trip to their studios, usually meals & hotel overnight too.
Maybe we will get to see you on Judge Joe

GOOD LUCK!!!
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 09-17-2010, 07:16 PM

Well, I posted a bad guy thread on that other forum. I am going to the post office tomorrow to see if I can get my money back.

I will post the thread on that other forum if it is ok with the moderators here.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:12 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Man hopefully you can get your money back . Maybe by then he will have shipped it and he won't have a thing then . Keep him hanging .
Old 09-17-2010, 11:55 PM

Now, he's sending e-mails left and right. I'm actually having fun arguing with the guy. He claims the way he was treated by one of the mods made him decide to send the money order back. Poor little baby. I'll believe it when I see it. He's now trying to play the victim card. I'm now the bad guy with lofty expectations. He says I would probably have issues with the bezel anyway, so he is keeping it. He keeps talking about this "unavoidable" turn of events. I'm glad this urgent emergency allowed him time to visit that message forum multiple times. Of course, I'm not the only one. There is another thread where he left a guy hanging for his money 34 days.

Here's my theory: He agreed to sell me the gauge bezel. After he got the check, he either A) decided he could use it or B) sold it cheaper than he really wanted to. There was no urgency to send me my money order back because he just didn't care. I'm still not so sure he sent it back or even will.

Should I give him a few more days to see if the money order arrives or should I go ahead and try to get him charged with mail fraud?
Old 09-18-2010, 02:35 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: id say simple
Color: Silver
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:64
TRIPOD will become famous soon enough

At this point I think all you would have is a civil case. Not sure he could be charged with a criminal offense. Atleast thats how I see it. Your situation sucks man, I hate to even deal with anyone over the internet anymore.

Good Luck, hope you get your money back. If not, maybe you could take a little vacation and pay that thief a visit.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:35 AM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

I would see if you can get your (uncashed) money order refunded then tell him to keep the m o . He must need it more than you . Make him look like a a** when he goes to cash it .
Old 09-18-2010, 08:38 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I think your next step would be to contact an attorney. Most of 'em will give you an "initial consultation" for fee. Bring copies of all of your documentation, correspondence, the receipt for the MO, etc

Bring everything that you can think of. I'm assuming that because you sent the MO you've got some sort of postal address for this guy. It's amazing what attorneys can get done when they're motivated (and they usually are).

If nothing else, an hour with an attorney will be nothing less than some time out of your day, you might even get your $$$ back

good luck

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 09-18-2010, 08:44 AM

He keeps e-mailing me back and forth now. He claims he had a dire medical emergency after going on a camping trip. Of course, if he would have sent my package out the next day after receiving payment like he said he would, then the supposed "medical emergency" would have had no effect on the deal. I'm the bad guy now and he's the victim. These guys always spin it that way. I am almost glad he's not sending the gauge bezel. I'm sure it probably isn't NOS like he says.

I've decided to wait on doing anything since he says he mailed my money order back to me. If it isn't here by this time next week, I'll do everything in my power to get my money back and press charges against him.

I have another guy on there that is offering me an exact copy (NOS-never used) of the gauge bezel this loser supposedly has, but I'm afraid to send him the money. This sure would look good in my truck.

Last edited by TenneSST; 09-18-2010 at 08:47 AM.