DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of
Default Powder Coating?

I've had some powder coating done in the past when building Harley's. Mostly it was taking chrome pieces down and getting the powder coated black.

Can powder coaters match body colors from the paint code like a paint shop can?
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2010, 02:47 PM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I had read (red) that they can. Powder coating is just a more durable paint, correct?
Old 09-12-2010, 02:51 PM

RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by icOVERu View Post
I thought I had read (red) that they can. Powder coating is just a more durable paint, correct?
Yes, powder coating is much more durable than spray on, which is why I am asking. I have some ideas floating around in my brain for future mods.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 09-12-2010, 02:53 PM

iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm...care to share any of those ideas with a person that had a joke played on HER while SHE was helping another member??????
Old 09-12-2010, 03:21 PM

I'll post pics of the what will be affected if/when I find what I'm looking for and can afford it. Right now I'm tapped out.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:32 PM

Oh ya' killing me, RB!!!! Ok, I will wait.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:03 PM

Giving this one a because I really do need an answer to the original question.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:53 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1338
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of

"Powder also is not the best choice for an exact match to existing painted surfaces. Powder comes in what seems to be an endless list of colors, but multiple colors of powder cannot be mixed to achieve a new color. Doing so would result in a speckled finish; a process that can look cool, but not if you are trying to match a specific color. To have a custom powder made for an exact match, is usually so expensive that the customer chooses the closest match without going custom. "

"Can you match a color?
Yes. If a customer has a paint chip, a powder supplier can match it, both color and gloss. It may not be an exact match, but it will be very close. Also, colors approaching red, orange, and yellow are more expensive, and you may have to fulfill a minimum order quantity. So if you want to coat a door knob to match the electric yellow paint on your house, you may end up buying enough powder to coat the entire floor of the house, for the cost of a used sedan."

Hope this helped you out a little. Good luck with it.
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.