DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
smokinjoe72 is on a distinguished road
Default Picking up a '10 Laramie on Friday (9/17).. questions about options

My first post! I currently have a 08 Tundra 5.7 and tow a 20ft Vnose with a VQ (V6) powered SE-R in the trailer (6500lbs). The Toyota is nice but it rides like absolute garbage. My wife wont even ride in it around town. Granted it came with the TRD sport suspension from the previous owner, which simply intensified the poor handling.

Anyway, on Monday I dropped by the Dodge dealer (Palmer Dodge, Atlanta) and they had a couple '10s on the lot. All were marked down 10K from sticker. Drove it and fell in love. The ride is so much better than the Toyota. I found a white Laramie with the 3.92 LSD, mygig with voice control (no navi) RER radio (?), OWL tires (e-rated?) and front tow hooks.
Stickered for 40,800. Had the dealer add the mopar step bars, class IV hitch receiver and bed liner for no charge. Final selling price is 30,500 with 20K trade on the Tundra XSP.

I've read some people lose a little mileage with the 3.92s. Some say its about the same MPG. But most say its a must when towing.

OK, on the questions.
1. I'd like to unlock the video in motion. I believe our two options are Nav-TV (allgig) and Lockpick V.3. I plan on adding the Mopar backup camera in the tailgate handle and I have a wireless camera on the back of my trailer (so two camera inputs). Would the Lockpick be the better option here despite the poor customer service ? And how can I integrate bluetooth (which my radio currently doesnt have, only the mic for the voice command)?

2. Will I need helper bags for towing 6500lbs? I had them on the Tundra. I use a WDH with sways so I can level the truck using the WDH. Wondering how well this new rear suspension holds up to towing.

3. I've read a couple folks having trouble with the Mufflex installs. I have a welder in the garage. Adding a magnaflow muffler should be just as effective as the mufflex, I just need to find out which magnaflow muffler they use on the mild kit and install that version.

4. I believe Bill from XDI is in Atlanta as well, is this still the preferred intake or is a K&N drop just fine?

Thanks in advance for all the help
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

There really isnt too much difference in gas mileage.
You are correct about unlocking the motion in the dvd etc
not sure about the helper bags
I installed a magnaflow 2 in 1 out directly in and left the resonators on, it was very simple just had to have a reducer pipe because the length from the stock muffler and the magnaflows is substantial

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance
Old 09-16-2010, 11:38 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

dont forget to stop in and say hey in the newbie section if you havent already!

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance
Old 09-16-2010, 11:38 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Welcome to the Z.

We have a lot of forums for all kinds of topics, so you shouldn't have any problems finding a place to post questions.

1. I don't know anything about either the Allgig or Lockpick, but we have a vendor in our Vendor forum that sells the Allgig, Nav-Tv.

2. The bags will help with the ride, but try it without first. You're not close to the max towing ability of that truck. Does it have 3.92 gears? If not, get them. They are limited slip whereas the 3.55's are not, but it will give you better towing performance and only degrade mpg very little.

3. Magnaflow seems to be the choice here.

4. The stock CAI has two flaws, filter and the tube connecting the box to the TB.

Now, if you are planning to get an extended warranty (recommended), see if the dealer sells the Chrysler Maximum Care warranty. If they don't demand it. No other extended warranty I have seen can hold a candle to it. The maximum care warranty is a bumper to bumper, even radiator hoses. They even offer a lifetime version which is not to expensive. You can do a search for it here on the forum and you'll see my posts about it.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 09-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I forgot about the smaller size magnaflow compared to stock. I think Borla has a muffler that is the same size as stock, same design. That could be a direct fit (aside from the cutting and welding).

Thanks for the info on the vendors, I'll check them out. And 'll say hi in the newbie sect
Old 09-17-2010, 07:19 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe72 View Post
OK, on the questions.
1. I'd like to unlock the video in motion. I believe our two options are Nav-TV (allgig) and Lockpick V.3. I plan on adding the Mopar backup camera in the tailgate handle and I have a wireless camera on the back of my trailer (so two camera inputs). Would the Lockpick be the better option here despite the poor customer service ? And how can I integrate bluetooth (which my radio currently doesnt have, only the mic for the voice command)?

2. Will I need helper bags for towing 6500lbs? I had them on the Tundra. I use a WDH with sways so I can level the truck using the WDH. Wondering how well this new rear suspension holds up to towing.

3. I've read a couple folks having trouble with the Mufflex installs. I have a welder in the garage. Adding a magnaflow muffler should be just as effective as the mufflex, I just need to find out which magnaflow muffler they use on the mild kit and install that version.

4. I believe Bill from XDI is in Atlanta as well, is this still the preferred intake or is a K&N drop just fine?

Thanks in advance for all the help
The 3.92s are exactly what you want. You'll have no probs at all towing.

1. Not much of a radio guy but I think it'll work from some other posts I've read.

2. Prob depends on how you load the trailer but for only $80 I'd put them in. They mount inside the coils. There are some threads down in the 4th gen section - towing. http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202

3. cut and replace with a magnaflow is your best option IMHO. I went with a whole cat back but only b/c I found it for a really good price and then sold my stock muffler and exhaust pipes to recoupe some of it.

4. K&N drop-in is fine. This gen has a pretty good intake. I wouldn't spend $300+ on 6-8hp.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thats what I figured on the intake as well. I can find some mandrel bent pipe and remove the OEM intake to TB rubber piping later, but even then the improvement would be limited at best.

I didnt know the bags were that cheap, thanks for the info. The helpers under the axle for the Tundra ran $300. Certainly cheaper with the Dodge (and diff design).

Later on I plan on installing the '11 power folding mirrors. I did this on the Tundra (added Sequoia Limited mirrors). New switch panel and door to dash wiring but shouldnt be too difficult. The Tundra took me about 4hrs and a couple trips to Fry's to figure it out. Shame it took Dodge this long to include the option.

So I assume I have the REN radio with uconnect (no navi, but 30gig w/Sat). My last question is what is the best way to install bluetooth using the lockpick or allgig, since I already have a mic?

Thx!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:09 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome aboard the ForumZ! Today is the day...we will be waiting to see pics of your new Ram!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:27 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Caliber
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Silver
Rep:41
UN4GTBL is on a distinguished road

Welcome!

IIRC both the allgig and lockpick allow you to have two camera inputs...so that would be ideal for you with the 2 back up cameras.

Wanting a new Ram...
Old 09-18-2010, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Deep Red
Rep:12
rich1500 is on a distinguished road

I've had the lockpick on 3 different vehicles the last on my dodge ram and had problems on the install. The tech spent 1/2hr on the phone with me to help solve the problem. I think the lockpick and allgig do the same things but the allgig is a little more expensive. Both have the same features. Good luck with your truck and great choice. I was thinking of a tundra when I shopping for a new truck but then I drove the ram and it was game over.