DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram, 1500, Hemi
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:16
dafoot is on a distinguished road

Give it back. You will be ready for the new and improved, redesigned RAM!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:14 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Some good info here . I would turn it in also .
Old 09-17-2010, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 2010 HEMI Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:62
rarichard will become famous soon enough

what you didn't mention yet was your lease rate per month and mileage allowed. Leases generally have lower monthly payments than buyers but you don't own it at the end and in this case they'll charge you 12k to buy it at the end. Some people will save that 12k over the next 5 years with lower lease payments and buy it outright, some will finance, some will leave it at the dealer. You're likely only going to have to end up paying maybe up to 5k more than everyone else to own your vehicle at the end of the 5 years with that 12k factored in. Leases are intended for people who want to have a new vehicle every 2 or 3 years, not worry about maintanance cause it's always under warranty, and don't drive more than 15k and usually for best lease rates only 12k miles. They're not intended for people who are into modding things. Do you mind letting us know you're lease terms over those 5 years and I'll compare it to my 5 year 0% loan at 34 grand to see the actual differenc?
Old 09-17-2010, 11:18 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:45
Ray is on a distinguished road

That was the main reason why I went with the lease because the monthly payments where alot lower then to finance. I put 2 grand down(tax,title first month payment) and my payments are 505 a month with 12 thousand miles a year.
Mods:Mopar fiber glass Tonneau cover,Nerf Bars,Bully Hitch bar,husky mud guards,stubby antenna,Edge guards,weather mats,20%tint all around+windsheild,lisence plate covers,Upgrage to REN w/back up cam,Magnaflow 18, putco bulbs,LED interior/plate bulbs,viper smartstart

Old 09-18-2010, 10:58 AM

Vehicle: 2010 HEMI Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:62
rarichard will become famous soon enough

basicly your'e looking at 30k worth of payments over 5 years, plus the 2k you put down. that's already at 32k, add another 12 to that and you'd pay a total of 44k. A bit more than I would have suspected, so probably not worth buying it out in the end. Lesson learned for your next purchase or lease. For example, I pay $600 a month for a 41k sticker price that was negotiated down to 34k including 0% financing. Include tax and warranty for 36k total. So after five years, you'd be 4 grand ahead of me in payments, but I'll still have the truck and don't have to worry about mileage as I drive about 18k a year. When you factor in mileage penalty if you have any that 12k might jump up to 13 or 14 before you know it. Assuming it's a 15 or 20 cent a mile charge. I personally wouldn't lease a car unless it's a zero down situation with at least 15k miles a year and a great lease payment for a max of 2 or 3 years, that way if you realize you don't like the deal anymore, it's at least a shorter wait to be able to change.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:04 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST quad cab 4wd
Color: Red
Rep:10
steve57 is on a distinguished road

I see no difference between leasing a truck for five years and owning a truck for five
years. Either way, at the end of lease or end of ownership, you're likely to get nothing
for the mods other than the enjoyment of having them during the period of time the
truck is in your posession.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:16 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB
Trim Level: Express
Color: Bright white
Rep:435
Outlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really nice

i pay 570/mo and IM BUYING

[/CENTER]
Old 09-19-2010, 12:30 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve57 View Post

I see no difference between leasing a truck for five years and owning a truck for five
years. Either way, at the end of lease or end of ownership, you're likely to get nothing
for the mods other than the enjoyment of having them during the period of time the
truck is in your posession.

Difference is if you own it/make payments on it, it yours after 5 years.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 09-19-2010, 04:04 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:45
Ray is on a distinguished road

My last couple of vehicles were cars and I leased them. 12 thousand miles was good enough for me and besides tint I really didn't add any mods. I liked the idea of getting a new car every three years as well. That was also when leasing programs were good. When I got my truck the car industry was at it's worse and 0% financing wasn't a available, plus I didn't factor in that I was going to want to add some many mods to it. I love my truck and want to keep it and do so much more to it but at the end of the road it will just not be worth it paying full boat for the truck. I think I will leave things as is and return it at the end and buy myself a fresh new ram.
Mods:Mopar fiber glass Tonneau cover,Nerf Bars,Bully Hitch bar,husky mud guards,stubby antenna,Edge guards,weather mats,20%tint all around+windsheild,lisence plate covers,Upgrage to REN w/back up cam,Magnaflow 18, putco bulbs,LED interior/plate bulbs,viper smartstart

Old 09-19-2010, 04:19 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500 4.7L Standard
Trim Level: TRX4 OFF ROAD
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:55
JayBones will become famous soon enough

I am buying mine. I didn't have a choice, however as I bought it 2 years old, but given the choice, I'd rather buy anyways. It's immaterial in any case to this thread as the OP wasn't starting a debate between buying or leasing.

I have to say that 12k worth of truck right now pretty much pays for more than half of mine at it's market value right now, and even though mine ain't brand new, I think it's a damn fine truck. In 4 years, especially after what you will have already paid, 12k seems way too much to pay to own it, especially since that 12k could go much further on something else. My payments are comparable to yours and I have a pretty high interest rate too, with nothing down. If I had to pay 12k after my 5 years as well, I'd be investing that money in something new, for sure, no matter how much I love or had modded my truck. But that's just me and I didn't buy new and I sure do love my truck and fully intend to mod the hell out of her.