DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad that no one was injured & that the Challengers are ok.
I believe that i posted an incident in another post back in July while i was driving across country
What happened was i was somewhere around Memphis, listening to my CB radio & the Ram radio. Some truckers made comments about a car driving stupidly, changing lanes often, cutting everyone off, in a construction zone. The next thing i know, one of the truckers hollers Holy S**t, did you see that!! apparently that driver had irritated someone that had got even by throwing a beer bottle thru the guys window, there was a lot of CB chatter about it. Then another trucker hollered up that a different vehicles operator had thrown another beer bottle at the erratic drivers vehicle & that his car now had both the windshield & a side window smashed by beer bottles & he took an off ramp, pulled into a parking lot while calling someone on the cell phone. The truckers said something about sirens. By that time the traffic was starting to move a bit better & i was out of cb range. Road rage to the max!!
Don't follow motorcycles to closely either, it upsets the person on the bike & a lot of the riders carry ball bearings in their pockets.
truckers urinate in truck stop coffee cups, & they are on the CBs with the other truckers, so don't irritate any of them & then ride along side of a semi with your windows rolled down
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to make it clear why I reacted the way I did before I come off as a hot head. I knew I could handle ANY potential situation that could have arisen from this other vehicle. As well, I wasn't alone. I was in the presence of a Marine. A very intimidating Marine who is about 6'4 and 240-250 lbs, muscle. I was in a much quicker, aggressive at handling, vehicle. Had she just given me a friendly hello with one finger, I would've let her go. Had she just "brake checked" me, yep...no problem, see ya later. The fact that she hurt my child and potentially our car is THE ONLY reason I went after her. I know, after being born in California, living there for 16 years and raised in Vegas, you certainly need to pick and choose your battles wisely. Yes, a sweet looking girl could have had a gun, but with the vehicle I was in gave me two options, 1) a battering ram or 2) it gave me the option to ellude her with rapid speed she cannot acheive in her Honda Civic. Did I want to react the way I did with my daughter in the car? No. BIGGEST regret. I have asked myself all last night and morning, would I want her to do that if she was behind the wheel. I am accountable to her for my actions.

Soapbox moment:
I am tired of people feeling they can bully others because "it's all about" them. Where would she have learned her lesson? What would stop her from doing that again to someone else? And why did she do it to me? Meanwhile, I have to pay for the damage, the frustration and the hurt my daughter endured. I am not out to be the police, but merely standing my own ground in this world of what I will and will not tolerate.
Stepping down now.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:39 PM

Vehicle: 2004 dodge ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: lamarie
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:54
scottish rumble will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to scottish rumble

why has the world changed stopping you from hitting back and sorting it out your own way

When your bigger than the rest, what do you say, move it or loose it

billy
Old 09-19-2010, 04:13 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Custom
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:1648
dodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by icOVERu View Post
I just want to make it clear why I reacted the way I did before I come off as a hot head. I knew I could handle ANY potential situation that could have arisen from this other vehicle. As well, I wasn't alone. I was in the presence of a Marine. A very intimidating Marine who is about 6'4 and 240-250 lbs, muscle. I was in a much quicker, aggressive at handling, vehicle. Had she just given me a friendly hello with one finger, I would've let her go. Had she just "brake checked" me, yep...no problem, see ya later. The fact that she hurt my child and potentially our car is THE ONLY reason I went after her. I know, after being born in California, living there for 16 years and raised in Vegas, you certainly need to pick and choose your battles wisely. Yes, a sweet looking girl could have had a gun, but with the vehicle I was in gave me two options, 1) a battering ram or 2) it gave me the option to ellude her with rapid speed she cannot acheive in her Honda Civic. Did I want to react the way I did with my daughter in the car? No. BIGGEST regret. I have asked myself all last night and morning, would I want her to do that if she was behind the wheel. I am accountable to her for my actions.

Soapbox moment:
I am tired of people feeling they can bully others because "it's all about" them. Where would she have learned her lesson? What would stop her from doing that again to someone else? And why did she do it to me? Meanwhile, I have to pay for the damage, the frustration and the hurt my daughter endured. I am not out to be the police, but merely standing my own ground in this world of what I will and will not tolerate.
Stepping down now.
I back you 100% for what transpired, I actually find you really didn't go that far.

Always stand your ground....

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD.....lightly modded

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 #3560.....lightly modded
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon....lightly modded (yeah right, it's a Jeep!)
2010 Jeep GC SRT-8.....lightly modded
Old 09-19-2010, 06:54 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

I'm sorry what gave those punk kids the right to do that . Thats one reason why this world is the way it is . Everybody is afraid to do anything about it . In the old days thats the way it was handled . In the old days I got my ass beat if I did something wrong . Nowadays if you spank your kid you go to jail . F* em . Do it to me and see whats gonna happen . The police don't do anything to the offenders anymore . Let your insurance company handle it . MY ASS . Cross my line and it's over .... For you .
Old 09-21-2010, 07:42 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

You did the very same thing that I would've done Paris. Don't beat yourself up over it. I understand that it's not the greatest lesson for your daughter, but hell we've all been there, and will be there again...... tell her it's a lesson on how NOT to behave in a bad situation.

Several years ago, had I been alone in the vehicle, I might've rear ended 'em, especially when my windshield was all messed up. Now days, who knows? I'd like to think that I'd be calm and serene, but I know that just isn't going to happen.

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill