DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Charcoal
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Wrkinprogress is on a distinguished road
Default Another HID problem(s)!

Just installed my HIDs yesterday on my 05, 9007 Hi/Low, had a few problems during the install and having problems after..

Where to start?!

1) From the HID harness to the 9007 harness - If I had taken pic's this would have been easier to explain so please bare with me. To connect the harness to my trucks harness, the kit came with the adapter but I had to match up the wires (talking about the blue clip that hooks into the back) from the HID harness there is a Brown, a white and a blue wire, brown is ground, low is white and hi's are blue. On my trucks harness I know the black is ground, but which is hi and which is blue? I noticed on the trucks harness it says PED by one wire, and S or 5 by the other, and also one had a red line through it. Right now I have the Low's matched with the White/Red wire. But is that really my lows or is it my highs?

2) When I fired the HIDs up the first time they looked fine, but with the truck started and running I noticed that one of the bulbs was vibrating a bit ( driver side of course so I couldn't just pull the bulb to find out, had to rip the whole assembly out AGAIN!) it isn't the harness and isn't the lock ring, its the silver piece that the bulb itself is hooked into is loose and seems to be very springy, do I call and return the bulb or should I try pushing it in and try giving it a twist and hope its not locked in correctly ? It's really annoying driving down the road!

3) After the first night of driving around with the HIDs and dealing with the vibration/loose driver side bulb, I fired them up to show a friend, and only the passenger side stayed on, driver side would start up, then shut off. But after a few flicks on and off they both lilt up. But now tonight, the passenger side is doing this, but after a few flicks of the switch and a mile or two down the road it finally caught and stayed on. But is now back to not lighting up again. HELP!

4) This is the question/problem I've seen the most scrolling through the forums, when both lights are on and working properly, if I turn on the high beams, they flicker, on off on back off and so forth. So a resistor I will get! BUT! When I was wiring the 3 wires from problem 1, I tried them opposite, and it was my low's flickering! So that's why I stuck the wires where i did so i could atleast have lights!

And by the way, a little laugh or maybe just a good eye roll, during all this i had to walk to a friends to get some 3m double sided tape to mount my ballasts, so i shut the hood to go, and heard this loud crunh, "OH F**K! not my new HIDS!!! " Crushed the old damn 9007s I had set down by the hood latch, DOH!

Please guys, any help here, would mean the world at this point..
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2010, 07:27 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Charcoal
Wrkinprogress is on a distinguished road

Anyone? =/
Old 09-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Bighorn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:26
brettwal is on a distinguished road

Try a relay harness, which will pull power from the battery directly.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
NCDEVILDOG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to NCDEVILDOG

anynews? Im assuming you didnt have any kind of wiring diagram? If you didn't, having one in the future will make all the difference. Im an AV8B Harrier Jet electrician, so I got experience with electrical issues, if you need help.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:30 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
mark1963 is on a distinguished road

mabe someone can tell me where to install the LOAD RESISTOR into my sportiva plug & play HID, NOT SURE WHERE TO SPLICE IT IN AT,,
Old 10-24-2010, 12:31 AM

here is a great plug & play HID KIT for the dodge, it is one of the best of hid's because it has both HI/LO BEAM IN XENON HID, in comes with a great wiring harness with a built-in 12v/35w wiring harness controller along with the resistor needed to correct all the error, light out, & flickering problems, this kit is made for dodge, ready to use, the brand is sportiva by GE, thought i would throw this out there,, check them out,,( www.tempestdirect.com ) make sure when you call you tell them you want the BI-xenon kit for DODGE, that way you get hi/lo xenon kit & not the regular xenon low beam & a halogen bulb for the hi beam

Last edited by mark1963; 10-24-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: MADE A CHANGE
Old 10-24-2010, 10:28 PM

hay everyone here is the reisitor that is needed foe the dodge HIDs call 909-9394234,,
Old 10-25-2010, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab- Lone Star
Rep:87
miller2013 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrkinprogress View Post
Anyone? =/
Hey man i see you have a High/Low kit is it a 55w? I ran 35w for a long time and came to realize that it was a waste of time! I finally purchased a 55w high/low kit from DDM- Tuning it is a wonderful kit no complaints! They have wonderful customer service and will help you with anything. The kit was entirely plug and play and you get full lifetime warranty on bulbs and ballasts so i highly recommend getting your stuff from them if you decide to get new ones!

Here is a link to the thread i have posted of them(the fogs are not from they they are just crap 35w from ebay) :
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=62649

Let me know if you need any other help!