DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-18-2015, 08:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
Rangerfied is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Rangerfied Send a message via Yahoo to Rangerfied
Default Water Leaking around Light & Rear Sliding Window Power Button

Sorry folks, I know I don't post very often on here. I tend to check the site out once in a while though.

Just wondering if anyone has had the problem of water dripping in around the light console in the front centre of the roof in their truck? I happened to notice last year a little drop of water on the passenger side back corner of it. At that time I didn't think much of it as it was winter time. I thought maybe it was from my snow brush when I put it back in the truck. I never really noticed it doing it again. Now this year I noticed water run down the crack between the outer molding and the inner piece. It ran down towards the corner that is closest to the windshield and dripped a few times. I haven't noticed it again as of yet. Of course when I went to the dealer they said it wouldn't be covered as my truck is older than 3 years old.

If so, where was your leak coming in from?

The picture I've included is similar to what mine looks like in my truck. The circle is approximately where it's dripped from.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (24.0 KB, 21 views)
Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2015, 09:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 ram sport regular cab
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
my hemi is on a distinguished road

they all leak water from the third light and the sliding window
Old 03-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:16
jj ram is on a distinguished road

Did you try the third brake light re-seal with silicone repair? If that didn't do it, you could have something similar to what just happened to my 2014. I had a leak on the A-pillar driverside, from the top screw mount of the grab handle. The dealer found a small pin hole in the windshield just at the top trim and is replacing the windshield under warranty.

I know yours is out of warranty, but maybe you have an issue with the windshield?
Old 03-30-2015, 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
GearHd6 is on a distinguished road

If its got a sunroof then it's due to the sunroof drains being frozen so then the water has nowhere to go but to overflow and leak into the overhead console. Mine did the same thing this past winter.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I did end up having this fixed. They said it was from the windshield. Had to do with the seal for it. So far I've not noticed anything so it must have worked. I wrote Chrysler Canada about the problem and how it seems to be common with the trucks. Even sent my bill in to them with my complaint. Don't expect they'll do anything but figured it was worth a shot. Especially since the technician said he knew why. Told me they had a 2014 in with the same issue.
My brother did it with his Concorde he had and they did actually send him some money. Would have sent him more but he had waited too long.
Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Well I came home from work on Thursday and I had a letter from Chrysler. Inside was also a cheque covering my costs for the windshield. It basically said they cover anything within the 3 years and outside of that it's my responsibility. However as a customer service gesture and to show their commitment to quality they provided me with a cheque to cover expenses.

I thought it was pretty decent of them.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:48 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Time to take a box of mixed donuts from a donut shop, when you stop by that dealership next time

They must have put in a good word for you

I take donuts every now & then when i visit my dealer for service, they remember it & i always get good service
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 4x4
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
Danno2010 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfied View Post
Well I came home from work on Thursday and I had a letter from Chrysler. Inside was also a cheque covering my costs for the windshield. It basically said they cover anything within the 3 years and outside of that it's my responsibility. However as a customer service gesture and to show their commitment to quality they provided me with a cheque to cover expenses.

I thought it was pretty decent of them.
That's pretty awesome customer service! Glad it worked out for you.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010
Trim Level: Laramie 4W CrewCab
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
bcs1162 is on a distinguished road

I have 2010 always been garaged 11,900 miles just turned 500 hours. First time I let it set out in rain at hospital I noticed clear water in compartment under rear seat behind driver. No water any where else. Had passed 3 year warranty but thought extended warranty 99 dollars per fix would cover. Got run around from paint SUPV saying going to cost 200 to see if warranty would cover. Called Chrylser Complaints they paid for everything leak around brake light and back window. Also gave me 4 years of 4 oil changes and four years of 3 tire rotations per year. It because third light gasket does not spring back out. I explained to lady very nice, had I drove it more or let set outside would have noticed. Seems like issue with radio and leak all had to be worked out with Chrylser. Sad dealer does not care more!