DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the K&N air filter for my Ram is 33-2247
33-2247 Price: $59.99
thats the K&N price on their website

i put mine in at the local store parking lot, when the original filter came out, i looked down in the box & saw hay & lots of bugs, of course i didn't even have a rag with me to try to get the crap out of there, so i just took out the larger stuff, i need to find a shop vac & then wipe it out real good

on another note, there used to be a couple companies around here that cleaned air filters, mostly for big trucks, they went out of business, because a recleaned paper filter cost almost as much as a new filter. Big trucks have a filter within a filter, an outer filter & the inner filter
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 5.7L Hemi Crew Cab
Rep:12
jimdurt is on a distinguished road

I have the K&N drop in the stock intake and I am pleased with my purchase. Never have to replace again. I dont think the CAIs are worth the money. Unless I was the one selling them. :-)

And yes I know the CAIs have cleanable filters. Just dont think $300+ is worth it unless I was trying to eek out 4-5 more hp.

Magnaflow muffler and K&N filter and your set. Next is a tuner.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:10
mge1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mge1 Send a message via Yahoo to mge1 Send a message via Skype™ to mge1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdurt View Post
I have the K&N drop in the stock intake and I am pleased with my purchase. Never have to replace again. I dont think the CAIs are worth the money. Unless I was the one selling them. :-)

And yes I know the CAIs have cleanable filters. Just dont think $300+ is worth it unless I was trying to eek out 4-5 more hp.

Magnaflow muffler and K&N filter and your set. Next is a tuner.
sounds like the route i'm going. thanks for for the input.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:50 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Quad Cab
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:17
07HemiRam is on a distinguished road

I put in a drop in Green Filter a week ago. I did not notice any difference in feel or in mileage but just piece of mind knowing its better than the stock paper element. It will hold me over till I get a BFI. Good thing Green has a lifetime warranty, I might need it waiting for the bfi....
6000K Bi-Xenon Headlights, 8000K Xenon Fog lights, Superchips Flashpaq, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Flowmaster y-pipe, Composite BFI with Amsoil dry filter, Flex-a-lite electric fan, 180* JET thermostat, 85mm Fastman throttle body.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:46 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:10
mge1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mge1 Send a message via Yahoo to mge1 Send a message via Skype™ to mge1

I also went with the drop in filter route. Decided to try out and installed recently the AFE 30-10071. We'll see how it goes. Performance wise, I do not feel any changes at all (which was expected). We'll see how the mileage goes.