I have a 2002 4x4 with the 4.7. How do those gears run? Are they good on the highway?
As for performance..best bang for the buck
1. Programmer: Hypertech or Superchip both come highly recommended and would be my first suggestion.
2. Synthetic oil -According to royal purple
" they dyno'd an engine and gained 7hp. I am sure Mobile 1 is just as good and may produce similar results. It def makes your ride smoother.
3. Cold Air Intake - can increase HP -and makes the engine sound a bit 'meaner'.
4. Exhaust - Free flowing exhaust will/can increase HP
5. Underdrive Pulley's - small gains in hp but they all add up
Good maintenance can bring better performance to your truck as well.
- New Spark plugs
- Injector cleanings
- Check/Replace your belts as well
Good place to start without port and polishing heads, roller rockers and a new cam...
Hope this helps.