DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:44
Topdown is on a distinguished road
Default custom enclosure build - 1997 Ram 1500 extra cab

I know this has been done and that you can buy aftermarket dual-sub enclosure for like 90.00 ... but they werent deep enough for the sub I am using and didnt have built in amp rack.

Anyway, this is the first step of my audio build... sorry about the picture quality, cell phone pics...

Here is where the fun began. built a frame that fit under the rear seat that would give the 10" fosgate P3 enough room.

Here is the box after the glass work is done, after the inside and outside is coated with rubberized bedliner to make sure there are no pin-holes... with the top on and the amp rack esesntially finished. No, I didnt take more pics of the build process, they all look like a wood frame with layers of fiberglass... then more layers... then more... boring...

Here it is test fit into the truck, under the seat. its 1.25 cubes and has 12-0z of poly-fil in it.

Carpeted ... almost done (still needs some cleanup around the amp rack and sub hole). Need to cut/install the port and then we're good to go. This box will be tuned for 35hz

Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2010, 02:19 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Really like what I see here. Anyone can buy a box....but to build your own.....makes it your own. WTG!

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 09-25-2010, 03:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Thanks

I was going to go with a pair of 8's sealed but figured... eh, I have always wanted to run this 10 and it was just sitting in the garage unused.

Besides, now I can try and fit that pair of 8's in the doors instead of the 6.5's that I was planning.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:35 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

8's in the doors.....you're likely going to need a big shoe horn for that...LOL
Good luck, and take lots of pix! Whether or not it works out....great info to have on the forum.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 09-25-2010, 03:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

lol - yeah, I havent gotten into the doors yet... but I read somewhere (here on the forumz i believe) that there are 6x9's in the doors. If there are, then I will definitely need to cut the door and build a baffle, but my bigger concern would be door depth.

Oh well, if nothing else, I know the 6.5's will fit!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Cool! 8's in a 2nd gen, can't say I've seen that done yet. What 10 are you using?
Old 09-26-2010, 04:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
Cool! 8's in a 2nd gen, can't say I've seen that done yet. What 10 are you using?
If I can get it done, I'll definitely take pics.

Here is a pic of the box with the sub in. it looks like there are only 4 screws holding it in, thats because I used 4 regular bolts and 4 stainless steel security bolts and the stainless bolts are shiney.

Fosgate P310D2 - will be getting around 400 - 450 watts from the eD Nine.2 that will be mounted via security screws and t-nuts (just like the sub). I originally wanted to use multiple small ports instead of a single larger port... like 3, 1" ports instead of 1 3" port, but opted for the single port in the end. I thought a multi-port setup would have looked cool and I would have been able to put the ports over the middle hump area instead of off to the upper side like it is.

the port is glued in and drying, when its dry I will put the port flare/trim piece on that will cover up the glue and carpet edge. so it looks all nice and clean.

yes, i know the sub is turned on its side, I thought it looked boring with the name flat across the face. not that it will matter when I put a grill on it, but it makes me feel better while its sitting silent in the garage next to the Camaro.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Custom
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:1648
dodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant future

Good job!!

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD.....lightly modded

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 #3560.....lightly modded
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon....lightly modded (yeah right, it's a Jeep!)
2010 Jeep GC SRT-8.....lightly modded
Old 09-26-2010, 05:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Thanks. I had been taking my time and trying to do it all well... then I got anxious to get it done and hurried the port hole. I am not real pleased with myself for that, even knowing that no one will see it, I know its there and what it looks like underneath.

Now that the enclosure is all but done, I need to work on all the rest. I picked up a couple of cutting boards at Ikea the other day to use for baffles for the doors. I figured if I make them out of wood, they're going to get wet, thats a no-go there. So, even if I can make the 8's fit, I will need to make a baffle of some kind.

it would be a billion times easier to do ALL of this if I could find my jasper jig, but for the life of me I cant find it since we moved... I hope I didnt forget it at the old house.

I have most of the wiring, fuse block, ground block and an extra .5 farad cap that I had used in my last install (I use the cap as a voltage regulator, not a cap, on the mids/highs) Though I am going to need to get more fittings and whatnot so I can upgrade the big-3.

oh well... at this point I have more time than money, so going slow and doing it well fits my budget.

just dont judge me for the cheap head-unit I will probably end up with. heheh I just need something with built-in bluetooth and USB. 4v outputs would be nice for sure, but not an absolute requirement.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

made a little more progress... though its been even slower than expected since i broke my big toe and am technically not supposed to be walking on it or putting pressure on it. What do doctors know anyway right? After all, they are only "practicing" medicine...

at any rate, I got some work done before the foot started to really really hurt, and took a few camera phone pics.

Here is the cutting board that will be turned into a couple of baffles...

Here is a poorly cut out 6x9 baffle... I didnt spend a ton of time on the baffles since #1 - no one will see them but you all and #2 - I knew my time was limited in the garage today

hole cut out, midwoofer bolted in/down with stainless screws. the CDT's I am using arent the best, but they have great midbass...

Here is the little square tweeter baffle... I know its square and I didnt use a tweeter cup, but I dont have the flush mount cups anymore, this is the 2nd install using these CDT's and I tossed all the extra stuff after the first install. At any rate, the OEM Infinity tweeter was in a square baffle, so I just copied it.

This is as far as I got on the drivers door. No sound deadener yet, but I will put some on there to seal up the door. this is mostly just a test fit, at least it was supposed to be until I jammed my toe and just about passed out... so, I'll be driving the Camaro tomorrow until I get the door back together.

So, what I didnt take a picture of was the power wire being run, which was really quite easy and fast, just ran it through a grommet in the firewall.