DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Chadmic is on a distinguished road
Default Help Please!!!!!

Hello all! I am new to this forum and am in need of any help that anyone can provide. I have a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. All and all I have been very happy with the truck but there are 2 issues that have plagued me. The first is that the door loock will intermitantly not work. I will press the lock button on the door and on my key only to have them not lock for me. After several attempts I am in most cases able to get them to lock for me. The other issue is a bit more serious. There have been several times when I have come out to my truck only to find that the windows have rolled down after sitting outside for several hours. This obviously is a huge issue in that it leaves my truck completely open and exposed to any one who wants to help themselves to the contents of my truck or the truck itself. When I take my truck to the dealership to have these 2 issues resolved (4 times now) they tell me that they can not find the cause of these problems nor can they duplicate them.
Has anyone else had similar issues or is there anyone that knows what the cause of this may be. I am looking for any help at all as I am taking my truck in for the 5th time this week and would like to go to them with any and all information possible.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.
Sponsored links
Old 08-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

The windows rolling down is not uncommon, it has to do with holding your key fob down too long:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=58436

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=58297
Old 08-17-2010, 11:54 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Let me start by saying I see that you are new here, so welcome aboard the ForumZ. I do not have a newer model Ram such as yourself, but upto this point I haven't heard of these issues. Can you take it to another dealer? To me, if it is still under warranty, keep taking it back. I know it's a nuisance but I try to understand all sides, if it doesn't do it for them, then there is nothing they can do. Best of luck and hang tight. Someone might chime in with a better idea. Best of luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Chadmic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPTYWCADET09 View Post
The windows rolling down is not uncommon, it has to do with holding your key fob down too long:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=58436

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=58297

I understand that this is a feture however this is happening while I am at work and my keys are locked away in my desk, or while they are sitting in my dresser at home.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:09 PM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Okay I see, I'll let some others chime in on this one, that's definitely something to get fixed ASAP. The only explanation I could think of is when they're in your pocket, but I'm not sure.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:53 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Possible WIN module problem or RFI issues.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:20 PM
erm

Welcome to the forum and I hope they figure out that second issue quickly!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:37 PM

Vehicle: 2oo9 standard cab 4~4 1500 ram
Trim Level: plain
Color: pearl black
eltoro2 is on a distinguished road

this would be very unsetteling to happen maybe the buttens are sticking on fob . my fob had to be replaced be cause i could push and push the buttens and have nothing happen . dealer replaced fob and now have to be carefull with fob in pocket as tr will start if i sit the wrong way with keys in pocket ha . you might have short in system . just guessing
Old 09-03-2010, 11:08 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: St
Color: Red
Rep:37
CORUPTWJ is on a distinguished road

Yeah I would suggest taking it into the dealer and see if they can track down the problem. There could be multiple reasons for this issues, so we could be guessing all day long.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: 14' Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:43
09Ram RT is on a distinguished road

So can the remote roll them back up ??