DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SLT 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Atlantic Pearl Blue Metallic
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:75
jayhkr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to jayhkr

Wow, for me that would a great deal on 2 quads. Hopefully when I do get to that point I can find something like that. There are about 5-6 really good ATV dealers in my area so I have a few options! Of course if I shop down by my mother-in-laws I would have a ton of places. We'll see what the future brings. Thanks again for your help!!
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2010, 12:37 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

A lot of dealers will do a package deal with a trailer, helmets, and perhaps a few other accessories as well. Juice is right about the factory skids. My frame and a-arm skids are aluminum and my swingarm skid is a custom made stainless unit.

Last edited by RamTech; 10-03-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:18 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

My dad and I go riding a lot. We have a group of about 20-25 guys that we go trail riding with. We normally go to Chadwick here in missouri, which is a perfect trail spot. They have rated trails for easier riding or extreme riding. We have a 750 Kawasaki Brute Force, and that thing is powerful. They're really good for trail riding, but they're really big. My little brother has a Honda 400EX and it's a really good bike. It's a sport bike with the manual w/ a clutch. We also have a Honda Foreman 500. It's not fast, but that thing has lasted through everything. It literally got drowned in a river, and we drained the oil, and it still runs like new. As far as helmets, don't get cheap. You're gonna appreciate it when you fall off and land on your back. I'm glad I had a helmet at that point As far as trailers, that's up to your needs. We normally get 3 goosenecks for the amount of bikes we have. But if it's just you and another person, you can find a good smaller trailer and drive them up the side with a set of ramps.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:08 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Ram 1500 4.7L "H/O"
Color: Graphite Metallic
Rep:91
tmerritt530 will become famous soon enough

All the ATV's we have are older Hondas and they are nearly bulletproof. My 1988 trx350d is full time four wheel drive, so it is not super fast, but it can pull and climb like crazy. My grandparents have two 1985/86 250's and they both ran like a top. One saw use as a fire runner and the other fell off of a truck going 45 mph and just needed a few pieces straightened out. We still ride it today.

No matter what year or model you go with you will have a lot of smiles with it!

About the trailer/bed of truck thing, I do that but I don't always remove the trailer to get the other one out. i just put ramps from the bed to the empty trailer deck and then down the trailer ramps.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:55 PM

I had thought about the bed to trailer manuver but wasn't sure if that would be a good way to go about it or not with just 2 atv's. I wanted some of you guys to take a look at the CL listing I found: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/bar/1978001695.html Now, this guy has posted the same listing on both Kansas City's and Wichita's CL so that makes me wonder just a bit. However, for everything he's offering at the price he's offering I may just be making a call to my credit union for that loan and head down this week to pick them up. If it's still availible and I get good reviews from people here and another forum for ATV's you'll see me with these this weekend! So, here is where I need some of the more experienced ATV'ers help. He's listed all sorts of specs that mean very little to me, so I need some help. What does everyone think? Go or No Go?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:04 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Sounds almost too good to be true. It's worth a look.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:27 PM

Found out this was a scam of sorts. It was flagged and I think I know why. The posted this earlier in the day for $2885 in the Kansas City area, then that post was deleted and it showed up in Wichita, Ks for $4400 under a different e-mail. Just goes to show that you can't really trust anyone. Oh well. Onwards and upwards.