DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

fountain tire website reads

Fountain Tire is the place to keep your career rolling, and the opportunities may surprise you!

•There is a focus on providing associates with the knowledge and skills required for growing and progressing in their careers.
•The availability of technical programs promotes the use of the best equipment and technologies in our stores, and the right training to support them.
•Continuous training through sales, service, safety, and store management programs provides comprehensive soft-skill learning and development.
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:31
jimbodean is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
fountain tire website reads

Fountain Tire is the place to keep your career rolling, and the opportunities may surprise you!

•There is a focus on providing associates with the knowledge and skills required for growing and progressing in their careers.
•The availability of technical programs promotes the use of the best equipment and technologies in our stores, and the right training to support them.
•Continuous training through sales, service, safety, and store management programs provides comprehensive soft-skill learning and development.
lol, should read:

"We will hire you with no experience, and will put you to work right away on brand new vehicles!"
Old 10-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBeer View Post
Looks like they were having trouble with the "chrome cladding" on their machine. There is a special adapter required for the chrome clad wheels.

Only place I know that has it is the Dodge dealer.
We have a plastic head on our tire machine for certain rims like these and aluminum and steel for the normal rims. sucks to hear about your experience but did you not notice it when you picked it up.

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance
Old 10-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

sorry didnt see the post about how u brought it up. If they dont play ball you could take the to civil court, might take a few months but you would win.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Rep:10
kramer8 is on a distinguished road

well they just lost my business and i will tell everyone else not to go there
Old 10-03-2010, 12:11 AM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer8 View Post
well they just lost my business and i will tell everyone else not to go there
Hold on , lets see if they make good on it . This may of been a learning experience for them .
Old 10-03-2010, 12:14 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms Blue Ram 1500 View Post
Hold on , lets see if they make good on it . This may of been a learning experience for them .
^^^ I Agree ^^^ Give them a chance to come clean.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:54 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Sport Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Black
Rep:29
tn6478 is on a distinguished road

ouch that gotta hurt. Hope that doesn't happen to anyone
Old 10-03-2010, 01:38 AM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 QC BigHorn
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:35
thewagon is on a distinguished road

Did you bring it in with the wheels dirty? I always wash the vehicle and clean/dry the rims before going to any repair shop. I figure they see it cleaned, they pay more attention.

I had a bad experience (2 out of 3 times actually) at Discount Tires. One, they dropped the lug nut onto my chrome rim, caused a dent, no chip. They said their machines could never have made that mark. SOB's. Another store, they ripped my belly pan out and separated the front fascia while driving off the rack and said that was there before I brought it in.

WORD: Stay outside and watch your vehicle the entire time its in the shop if at all possible. Setup a tripod with a video cam if you can, show them you're serious. Yea, I'm anal about that stuff.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewagon View Post
Did you bring it in with the wheels dirty? I always wash the vehicle and clean/dry the rims before going to any repair shop. I figure they see it cleaned, they pay more attention.

I had a bad experience (2 out of 3 times actually) at Discount Tires. One, they dropped the lug nut onto my chrome rim, caused a dent, no chip. They said their machines could never have made that mark. SOB's. Another store, they ripped my belly pan out and separated the front fascia while driving off the rack and said that was there before I brought it in.

WORD: Stay outside and watch your vehicle the entire time its in the shop if at all possible. Setup a tripod with a video cam if you can, show them you're serious. Yea, I'm anal about that stuff.
yeah but as a mechanic and from my experience, no offense but when your watching me and staring me down like a hawk its more liable i am going to drop a lug nut or slip and drop my wrench if you know what i mean because i'll be wondering why your staring me down. It makes me mad because if you dont trust me then take your car elsewhere. that's just how i feel. also most of the time people come watch they start trying to talk which is more distracting.

I would give this place a chance to say hey we messed up lets find you some rims that your happy with and we are sincerly sorry