DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-06-2015, 03:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Pilotsc427 is on a distinguished road
Default Gauge Cluster Bezel

Hey guys, I'm trying to remove the plastic dash bezel that goes around the speedometer, tach, and gauges on my 2010 Laramie 1500. I know all about removing the center piece where the radio is, but cannot find a video or any info on how to remove the bezel behind the steering wheel that covers the gauges. I want to mount my Nitrous switches on that flat vertical section to the left of the AC vent and the right of the speedo. I can get the center section where the radio is out, but cannot get my fat hand and fingers beside the AC duct far enough to hold the back nuts on the switches. I now there are the 3 Torx screws at the top, but does anybody know if there are some others that are hidden, similar to the one by the 110V power plug for the center section.
I've got the bottle mounted in the passenger side RamBox and the solenoids wired and mounted where the old air cleaner box was. Lines are all hooked up to the plate and I'm ready to dyno and spray, but would like to permanently mount the switches for the remote opener, heater, arming switch, and purge in this 2"X7" flat area. Its clear behind it and will work perfectly for me. HELP!!
Old 07-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1109
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

I pulled my cluster a couple years back. I don't recall for sure, but I think you have to pull the panel under the dash on the driver side to access the lower screws for the cluster. But I'm fuzzy on it. Sorry.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Pilotsc427 is on a distinguished road

So in case anybody needs this info on a 2010 1500 Laramie, there are 3 - T20 Torx screws at the top of the gauge bezel. Remove these and there are 3 push clips on each side, one in each corner. Use a panel popper and just work your way around. Eazy/piezy!!
Took about 2 minutes to get it off.
Now I mount the switches, wire them up, and get ready to dyno tune and spray!!