DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > HI-TECH Discussion

Notices

HI-TECH Discussion Web, computers, software, GPS, satellite TV, home stereos and other non-vehicle hi tech electronics.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future
Default Any Flight Sim Pilots On Here?

Since physical limitations prevent me from obtaining a pilots license I've recently gotten into flight simulation on my computer (specifically FSX) and was wondering if anyone else plays around with sims and what kind of setup are you running. I have it set up on my older desktop as well as my laptop and I'm using a Saitek Cyborg X flight control.

I'm thinking we can trade info on tweaks, freeware, payware and flight controls.I'll be looking forward to hearing from any other sim pilots on here.
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Crew Cab / 3.92 rear end
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Stone White
Rep:917
Big Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to behold

Cool Randy. I fly my FSX every few days but mainly just to empty my head of the day to day grind. I'm using a cheap Thrustmaster joystick I got through NewEgg. Does an adequate job for what I do. I mostly fly the smaller prop jobs (guess that goes back to my low and slow Army days). One thing I really enjoy is night flying. Total darkness, just me and the screen. Makes things seem even more real.

Marching to Mamasita's beat for a real real long time...

Dennis
Old 02-10-2011, 12:46 PM

RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I fly most everything on there but have trouble bringing the helicopters into a hover to land. The Beech King Air is one of my favorite prop jobs. I have a couple of freeware add-ons (Bell 430 and F/A-18F) that I like too. I'm looking for a good C-130J or AC-130 (let's face it, Spooky is just badass) but can't seem to find a good one.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: Red/Silver
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:26
rlsbee is on a distinguished road

I've done a lot on Flight Sim but mostly on FS9. I've done scenery changes, tons of add-on planes (freeware and payware). On my payware planes I've always leaned toward the stuff done by FSD but I have Dreamfleet, Aeroworx King Air (great add-on), and Eaglesoft stuff. I also have the Reality XP GPS which is added to most of my planes. The freeware stuff is too extensive to list but I have a lot. Project OpenSky has a lot of great airliners that I have. Of course most of 'em have been modified with freeware panels, sound files, etc. I don't do as much of this as I used to but I still do some. I don't do much on FSX because my computer just doesn't have the power for it
Old 02-10-2011, 02:46 PM

I really need to build a new gamer for FSX. My desktop is just a single core proc and has a hard time with the scenery. My laptop does much better with its dual cores but the screen is too small. I think I'll hook up my 50" plasma to the laptop tonite just to see what it looks like.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:19 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm... been a long time since I tried any of the flight sims. Most of the ones I enjoyed were WWI dogfighting with the worst graphics back in the late 90s.

Talk to Chili, he can offer some really good advice on some upgrades for your gaming rig.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:26 PM

I pretty much know what I need to do but the stuff I want is pretty pricey. I think I'll wind up building another desktop instead of buying off the shelf. I need a 3.0 or better quad core proc, a gig of v-ram (clock speed on the video adapter isn't that important) and about 4 gigs of system ram.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:34 PM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

i have XPlane 9
Old 02-12-2011, 10:30 AM

X-plane 9 looks pretty good but I don't know anyone that has it. What do you think of it?
Old 02-12-2011, 04:48 PM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

xplane is cool but i think fsx is better.