DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice
Default My Dyno

Well here it is im kinda disappointed but hey here is why. The guy didn't have the cmr for Chrysler vehicles so we just used the trinity to try to pull some timing. Also i had to run the 91 tune cause i cant find a gas station the sells 93 octane in Nebraska. The bright side of things the place i took it too is called Dynosport this is the place were the world famous Parish Silverado was dynoed kinda cool. The only tuning we did was pull 4 degrees timing out of all 6. Im putting up the Chart and the Info with it. Please if anyone has any suggestions as to what i might be able to do to get a little more out of it this would be much appreciated. I am very satisfied with the results all things considered i mean i had my 24's on so that def does not help. This first dyno was just a learning experience for me anyways and to try to get my foot into the door on learning more about tuning. The guy said he might look into getting the CMR soon so i hope i can get a solid run in to try to help beef it up a bit. I was sure that it might be running lean but it wasn't even with the intake/bbk guess the ecu was compensating. If anyone thinks i should add some fuel or just w/e let me know im not sure what these engines like for AFR thanks and enjoy im having issues with the video i should have it up shortly after this. I would be interested in knowing what my engine hp would be im sure you guys know how to convert it thanks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 031.jpg (97.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 029.jpg (101.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 028.jpg (101.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 026.jpg (97.2 KB, 46 views)

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning

Last edited by RamTex; 10-11-2010 at 02:49 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2010, 11:23 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

You pulled timing or added timing from the Diablo 91 tune? How much timing are you actually running? A/F looks good with no jumps or dips. Torque is nice and flat for the most part.

It looks like it was a little warm out (90) any chance you know what your IATs were?
Old 10-11-2010, 11:32 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Nice. Not bad at all.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:19 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

pics wont load for me
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 10-11-2010, 05:04 PM

RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Hey Gabrieldy yeh we took 4 degrees out of the 91 tune like away or minus mybad.

BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning
Old 10-11-2010, 05:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:67
hauser775 will become famous soon enough

Don't forget that the 390 horse and the 407 lb/ft of torque, according to dodge, are at the crank not at the rear tires. So the numbers are probably right where they should be.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:52 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Plus or minus 390 crank hp equates to roughly 312 rwhp (approx 20% drivetrain loss). I would think that with a Diablo 91 octane tune and a full exhaust (A.R. headers, no cats, and a M80) you would gain more than 15 rwhp.

Not trying to be negative just want to help you find your hp. Mind if I ask why he pulled timing? Were you experiencing detonation? Do you have pics of the other dyno runs? Do you have a CAI or a drop in filter?

Then again you don't have a before mod post mod dyno comparison. Every truck is different and the 390 hp rating might be optimistic or maybe we experience more drive train loss than average. I dunno.

Anyone have a dyno run from a bone stock 09-10?
Old 10-11-2010, 07:22 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:49
doz is on a distinguished road

I agree, you shouldnt be pulling timing unless you are getting KR. If you werent getting any KR and you pulled timing, you more than likely hurt your dyno run.

What is your elevation also? 90* is kinda warm to be dyno'ing and see good numbers.

A/F ratio looks good though. You could try leaning it out just slightly if you can keep the timing in and see if it helps a bit.
DS Trinity w/ Jay Greene Tune (PM for info), S&B Intake, ARH LT Headers, Magnaflow Cat-back, 87mm PTB, BT Catch Can, 180* T-Stat, v6 E-Fan, 5000k RS HID, XD Misfits w/ 35"x12.5"x18", Rancho QL level, 5% tint w/ 35% full windshield
Old 10-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
cole3986 is on a distinguished road

"Plus or minus 390 crank hp equates to roughly 312 rwhp (approx 20% drivetrain loss). I would think that with a Diablo 91 octane tune and a full exhaust (A.R. headers, no cats, and a M80) you would gain more than 15 rwhp."

I agree, the drivetrain loss should be 20% or slightly less- it does not appear that 390 HP that Dodge states is a real number- the 91 tune alone is advertised to generate 25 HP and 30 lbs of additional torgue. If you use 25HP for the tune and 5 HP for the CAI the HP should be 336HP using a 20% drivetrain loss and that is not counting the exhaust improvements.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:13 PM

I'm not really sure why he just said that's what It needed. I'll call him ask him if he can remember why. Yeah I also have the volant cai and bbk 90 mm and msd coils. I think I just need a correct tune.