DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 4.7L (287 cu in) PowerTech V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-15-2010, 02:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram CC Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
rick980 is on a distinguished road

Put a front and back ccd camera on my RAM but I used a LockPick V3 so it was easy to wire all the wiring goes to the LockPick and you get many other options with the lockpick, one is you save a trip to the dealer and you can put the cameras on whenever you want. I like the front cam coming on when you slow down so when parking in parking lots since I use a handicap plate I always seem to have a pole or something hard to see up front.
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

GUTTAZRAM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylawter View Post
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if it was possible to get my 2009 Ram EVIC flashed to the 2010 Ram EVIC. I have only heard of such a thing and would like to do it if possible. Please let me know where I can get it done or what I need to do. If it cant be done then... its okay too... I still love my RAM..

I was wondering the same thing! I have an 09 but when I road in my buddie's '10, I noticed that his shows individual tire pressure. If it's possible I'm all for it but I heard a rumors of people going into the dealership for updates ie: ECU /EVIC flash, and in turn the lockpick is disabled causing it not to work.. that true anyone?!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:01 PM

Could be that you just need to undo the lockpick, then unplug the neg. bat cable for a bit then hook it back up. Now be sure to have the drivers door closed the key out of ign. and dont touch brake then plug the LOck Pick box in again. Should fix you up.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Rep:12
partypooper is on a distinguished road

I went to the dealership today for the HVAC recall and asked if there was an update from the 09 to 10 evic screens. They said nothign was available.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:59 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 2WD
Trim Level: slt- lonestar
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:61
BULLRAM will become famous soon enough

My buddies Laramie has the tilt optio, only in reverse, it is in his EVIC to turn it off,also the TPMS picture on the EVIC shows a truck outline and which wheel has what pressure in it, mine has only a light on the dash,and you play which tire is it?
Old 11-10-2010, 08:32 PM

Well if it comes on and is only one tire I am sure by eye you will be able to tell. One will look lower for sure. You must still go to gas stations that pump your gas for you.? J/K
Old 11-11-2010, 07:38 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 2WD
Trim Level: slt- lonestar
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:61
BULLRAM will become famous soon enough

Well then you dont know much about tires, the TPMS will come on for only a few PSI difference, if you tow, those numbers are VERY important, and you cant always tell when loaded that the tire is getting lower. And no I dont go and get my gas pumped, I just fueled a Leer jet last night after working on the fuel control, but what do I know......
Old 11-11-2010, 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLRAM View Post
My buddies Laramie has the tilt optio, only in reverse, it is in his EVIC to turn it off,also the TPMS picture on the EVIC shows a truck outline and which wheel has what pressure in it, mine has only a light on the dash,and you play which tire is it?
I had an 09 and now have a 10. You're correct about the differences regarding the TPMS. Unfortunately the 09 EVIC cannot be "flashed" to upgrade it to the 2010 version. I also believe the 2010 TPMS system is different as well.

The mirror tilt is only available in the Laramie as far as I've seen. Personally I didn't like it on my 09 and turned it off. They tilted so much all I could see was the rear wheels, not the back end itself.

I'm much happier with my back-up sensors and camera plus my towing mirrors.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 11-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Many EVIC features are a function of the truck model. Tilting mirrors is one of those; it is specific to the Laramie. I have also discovered that features like memory seats/mirrors/etc are also model specific and can't easily be added to a model that didn't specifically come with them.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 11-14-2010, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: Black Pearl
Rep:35
HEMI5150 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Many EVIC features are a function of the truck model. Tilting mirrors is one of those; it is specific to the Laramie. I have also discovered that features like memory seats/mirrors/etc are also model specific and can't easily be added to a model that didn't specifically come with them.

BRAD...!!!! YU DA MAN...!!!!!!!!
Couldnt have explained it any better...!

You might be able to bullshit your way to the top, BUT, it wont keep you there

Never believe what you hear, and only half of what you see