DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all
Default Highway Run

This is something i dont normally do on the street. Also dont like to downshift into 2nd geat at WOT or go into OD. I prob' wont be doing it again anytime soon.

Had a run in with a 90 or mid 90's Thunderbird SC from a 60-110 roll and was pretty even. This happened while in D so i could not make use of the higher rpm but man i was surprised.

This was a lady who was tailgating the hell out of me until the lanes opened up and she pulled on the right of me so i thought why not and put the pedal down when she got to my door and stopped her pull right away but did not gain either. I went to about 110 but stopped at that point and she kept right on it. I need to get my stall in quick and start tuning this thing. Oh she was manually shifting as well.

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 10-08-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2010, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: brillian black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:75
PorkChop will become famous soon enough

Nice! i hate tail gaters! people these days are in such a hurry their willing to risk a life to get home 5 min faster
Old 10-08-2010, 03:25 PM

TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Tucson is notorious for tailgating - In my mind anyway.

Need Road Armor Bumpers on ALL sides lol.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:50 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

I hate tail-gaiters too. When I was growing up in Tucson the issue we had there was the 80 year old, old ladies in their Caddies going 10mph in the left lane. Or sitting in the left lane instead of using the center turn lanes.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 10-11-2010, 11:16 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

i don't like TGers also. I usually slow to about 5 mph below the speed limit, ignore them and eventually they'll do something stupid to pass me.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:21 AM

Vehicle: 2005 ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: black...ish
Rep:10
Ram420 is on a distinguished road

do what i did i got my old hitch and a 4 inch by 1 inch by 4 foot slab of cold rolled steel and welded it to the hitch... put that sucker on when i know i got a lot of in-town driving to do... dont see too many ppl that want to get on my ars cut im a fan of tap'n the brakes and put'n a fat dent into the front end of the guy 3 inchs away from my tail gate..... may put some dull spikes on it to "point" out im not a fan of lil cars get'n right up on me to hide from the wind.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:07 PM

Yeah i feel safer driving our spare Ford Ranger sometimes cause it has a hitch at the back. Nothing but a smooth welded in rollpan on the Ram lol. Ah well.

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 10-12-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:27 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

nice kill i hate tailgaters also but what i usualld do is slow right down or ill tap the breaks a couple of times and they usually slack off
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 10-12-2010, 06:41 PM

Actually i dont really consider it a kill as i am surprised the Thunderbird SC kept up. I stopped it from passing but was door to door until i let off.
Since i was in D i was not in my powerband but thought i would creep away but she hung right there. Also about three times bigger than the driver so that did not help me either lol.

Checked some videos of them and some of them are pretty stout.

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 10-12-2010 at 07:02 PM.