DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Snows

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  RansRAM 
#1 ·
Need an opionion, Saw these snows and rims on sale. They are 17" rims with Yokohama Geolander I/T 265/70R17. Are these worth picking up and will they fit on my 2010 sport. What do I need to do about the TPMS sensors ?

Attachments

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Need to know what the bolt circle, offset and backspacing measurements are to determine if they will fit. You can either 1) breakdown the stockers to get your TPMS sensors out and swap them over to these for the winters, then repeat the process next spring, or, 2) get a set of sensors for the winter wheels that operate at the same frequency as the ones you have (dealer can help with that info and the parts) then have a tire/wheel shop install them on the winter wheels. That way, no swapping or TPMS error messages.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately they already sold. :doh: Do you know if the spare tires have the TPMS sensors ? I was thinking of perhaps seeing about picking up a set of spares from a wrecker if I can find any. Could these be used to mount snows on ? Or should I try and get 17" steels from Ebay ?

#4 ·
.... Do you know if the spare tires have the TPMS sensors ? I was thinking of perhaps seeing about picking up a set of spares from a wrecker if I can find any. Could these be used to mount snows on ? Or should I try and get 17" steels from Ebay ?
The spare does not have a sensor.

I really like your idea of getting them from a wrecker. If you got your hands on a full set, then added the TPMS sensors, you would be go to go, and the bolt circle and offset would be correct for sure. Have you considered getting a set of chrome rims from the wrecker.....would keep the same look....:4-dontknow:

#6 ·
Mine has the full size spare on a 17" rim. If you put the spare on, the TPMS complains about that tire. I believe it's to remind you that you have the spare on and should get the main tire fixed. :4-dontknow: Maybe it's just me, but if I had the spare on, I would be single focused about finding a tire shop to get that embarrassing looking rim off my truck. :158: I really don't need the EVIC to remind me of how hideous my truck looks at the moment. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.