DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

If you bring in your car, do not accept the "I don't hear it" or "They all do that" defense. Ask for a test drive with the manager or a mechanic. Be assertive without being aggressive or hostile.Read more at http://www.allpar.com/dealers/dealer...ktrack=kcplink
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 TRX4
Color: 2 tone Mango/black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:82
MrFixIt101 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbob82 View Post
I have a loud muffler noise and vibration at 45 mph. Reg cab short bed 2wd hemi 20 " wheels. 2010 with 8500 miles. I can tell its from the back though. I have heard everyone say its just the mds. My thoughts are just trade it off in a year like im goin to do because these dodges are junk
Buddy, all I can say is good luck being happy with something else. I've owned at least 1 of everything, done my own work on them & all I'm gonna tell you is good luck finding a truck that doesn't make some kind of weird, unexplainable noise. Everytime I disassemble something on my 2010 I smile. These trucks are not junk.., mine made funny noises too, so I put big knobby tires on it & I don't notice it anymore lol!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

No whine from mine yet----but one of these days I hope it does--from the E Force Supercharger from Edlebrock.
Jay
Old 10-20-2010, 03:33 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: AUSTIN TAN
Rep:16
sprintertech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
No whine from mine yet----but one of these days I hope it does--from the E Force Supercharger from Edlebrock.
Jay

YESSIR!
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD
Old 10-20-2010, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 RC
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:55
USAF ram will become famous soon enough

I know the feeling. I wish they had snuck a turbo under the hood, then the power would be amazing. I'm going back to the dealer tomorrow
Old 10-20-2010, 05:50 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: Black Pearl
Rep:35
HEMI5150 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have a loud muffler noise and vibration at 45 mph. Reg cab short bed 2wd hemi 20 " wheels. 2010 with 8500 miles. I can tell its from the back though. I have heard everyone say its just the mds. My thoughts are just trade it off in a year like im goin to do because these dodges are junk

You say dodges are junk, and you still bought one...? wowwwwww
I`ve been driving for MANY MANY decades, and i have had at the least, 2 or 3 of each of all the major 3 truck brands, funny thing is, the dodges have seemed to of held up far better than their competion out of all the past brands i`ve owned. To each his own i guess, i`m happy for the most part for what i bought within the dodge truck line.

If you have the single exhaust on your truck, i bet its the exhaust causing your problem, but then again, kinda hard to diagnois it from here. My first dodge was the 2010 reg/cab single exhaust, rattled and vibrated terrible. Ther are guys on the forum here that have fixed theirs with a damper kit that dodge sells. Look up some of the past threads, you`ll find a bunch of them.

Hope your truck grows on you, i know the rest of us really love them.

Good Luck...!

You might be able to bullshit your way to the top, BUT, it wont keep you there

Never believe what you hear, and only half of what you see
Old 10-20-2010, 05:58 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: Black Pearl
Rep:35
HEMI5150 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF ram View Post
So about a month ago I started hearing a whining noise in the front end of my truck(around 2800 mile on odo) The whine starts at about 45 MPH and usually under acceleration. So i took it to the dealership 2 weeks ago to see if they could fix it. The lead tech drove my truck and agreed he could hear the noise but claimed it was a "vibration" in the rear. So they proceeded to replace the muffler....... I dont know about anyone else, but this makes no sense to me. The tech came to tell me what he did, and proceeded to tell me the phase I was waiting for "they probably all make that noise." So here is my question to all users on here with a 4.7 or 5.7, Does anyone else have a whining noise in the front of the truck above 45mph??
Mine whines a bit between 50 and 60, goes away over 65mph (sounds like rearend/differential) (9,000 miles)
Dealer told me when it breaks, bring it back...lol. Ok, but you`ll need to give me a loaner till you fix mine...hahahaaaaa

You might be able to bullshit your way to the top, BUT, it wont keep you there

Never believe what you hear, and only half of what you see
Old 10-20-2010, 06:45 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:49
zobius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
you say their junk??? i have been towing for over 10 years in that time had to tow maybe 3 rams now ford,chevy, too many to count well to each his own good luck with the "other" brands
Old 10-20-2010, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:108
drivehard27 will become famous soon enoughdrivehard27 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to drivehard27

i also have had all 3 pluse the other 2 i think dodge is better then them all . all of them have there faults but i still like my dodge good luck with what ever you buy
Old 10-20-2010, 07:54 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: AUSTIN TAN
Rep:16
sprintertech is on a distinguished road

Quote:

and that statement is based on????????

just like everyone else ive owned all 3 brands.....my last truck was an 03 ram with 120,000 miles.....got 1 brake job,1 trans service,never replaced the plugs,serviced the diff once cause i installed gears(no failed parts),replace radiator cause i put a stick through it.....and still today it would outperform any new ford or chevy.....im also a tech at dodge (diesel) and i can assure you these trucks are not junk.........so when you go buy your new phord and step on the loud pedal come back and tell me how you feel then......
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD