DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram QC
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: White/Gray
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Histotoxic is on a distinguished road

I had a whine that started at 40MPH and goes all the way to 55 with only 2100 miles on it. Took it in dealership rebuilt the rearend and said pinion was way too tight.Noise was gone. After about 300 miles it came back, took it in again. Dealer replaced a bearing in there. Got the truck back it still did it took it back in and got the its "acceptable noise" if it gets worse or fails bring it back response. They even let me drive a new on on the lot that did it too. So now i have a 2010 with 5k miles that has a normal/acceptable howling from 40-55 mph when on the gas. How two times before it wasnt normal and they attempted to repair it and now it is I dont know. They are just a bunch of crooks. I moved to a new town and now I am going to go in the local dealer and say its getting louder and see what they say.
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 RAM
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: AUSTIN TAN
Rep:16
sprintertech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Histotoxic View Post
I had a whine that started at 40MPH and goes all the way to 55 with only 2100 miles on it. Took it in dealership rebuilt the rearend and said pinion was way too tight.Noise was gone. After about 300 miles it came back, took it in again. Dealer replaced a bearing in there. Got the truck back it still did it took it back in and got the its "acceptable noise" if it gets worse or fails bring it back response. They even let me drive a new on on the lot that did it too. So now i have a 2010 with 5k miles that has a normal/acceptable howling from 40-55 mph when on the gas. How two times before it wasnt normal and they attempted to repair it and now it is I dont know. They are just a bunch of crooks. I moved to a new town and now I am going to go in the local dealer and say its getting louder and see what they say.

if the whine comes from the rear end and its only at certain speeds id say the ring and pinion were not set up properly.....if it were a bearing it would be present at all speeds and get worse as speed increases.....i doubt they are crooks.....i just dont think the talent is there anymore in this feild....it has become so easy to make more money in other fields alot of potentially good techs are going other directions.....trust me people think we should work for free......good luck!
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD
Old 10-22-2010, 02:47 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

Very few rational people think you should work for free----most people I know just EXPECT the tech to know what the hell they are doing, and if they are in over their head, ask for help. If you don't fix my problem the first time, then I expect you to fix it correctly the second time---for free!
Jay
Old 10-22-2010, 06:34 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST quad cab 4wd
Color: Red
Rep:10
steve57 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure I would expect any service shop to guarantee they will fix a problem on
the first attempt or the second one is free, especially if expensive parts are involved
on the second visit. The reason I say that is that it has been my experience over
the years that when a complex machine malfunctions and I dig into it, there might be
two or three things wrong with it. It would be wonderful if there was always just one
thing wrong and I could fix it the first time every time.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 RC
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:55
USAF ram will become famous soon enough

I'll be honest, its under warranty so i dont intend to pay for any of the work thats being done. Im going to take it back monday to have them look at it again.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
Very few rational people think you should work for free----most people I know just EXPECT the tech to know what the hell they are doing, and if they are in over their head, ask for help. If you don't fix my problem the first time, then I expect you to fix it correctly the second time---for free
Jay

so does your statement mean your not rational?

you make my point for me......

look if you come in and you pay for some repair that obviously didnt fix crap....you deserve at least that repair.....agreed!
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD
Old 10-23-2010, 05:41 PM

Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

I think I'm very rational(thanks for your concern). I don't expect you to work for free but I also expect you to repair the problem when you have been paid. If I paid, or it is a warranty job, and I have to return to have the same problem fixed again I don't feel I should be charged twice for the same job just because the tech either is in over his head or just plain doesn't know what the hell he is doing. The second attempt should be on you!
Jay

Last edited by Pull Ya; 10-23-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I think I'm very rational(thanks for your concern). I don't expect you to work for free but I also expect you to repair the problem when you have been paid. If I paid, or it is a warranty job, and I have to return to have the same problem fixed again I don't feel I should be charged twice for the same job just because the tech either is in over his head or just plain doesn't know what the hell he is doing. The second attempt should be on you!
Jay
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintertech View Post

look if you come in and you pay for some repair that obviously didnt fix crap....you deserve at least that repair.....agreed!

but you dont get the next repair free.....you are only owed what you bought....meaning if you spend $100 and say on the way home you realize your concern is still present they probably owe you $100......but upon return we discover you real problem is going to cost say $1000 i can assure you that your not owed $1000.....as a courtesy they would probably cost it out for you and youll save more then you spent and nobody has to lose......remember at the end of the day it is YOUR CAR with the problem
Old 10-24-2010, 12:12 AM

It appears useless to continue this conversation with you regarding this subject as your attitude toward customers and my expectations are completely opposite.
Jay
Old 10-24-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
It appears useless to continue this conversation with you regarding this subject as your attitude toward customers and my expectations are completely opposite.
Jay

just for the record i almost never have come backs......and i do understand what you are saying.....you just touched a sore subject.....alot of people want magic and dont want to pay alot for it....not saying this is you......i go out of my way to make sure all realistic customer expectations are met.....hope i didnt offend you too badly......