DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion

Notices

Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Hey gabe think i should just get a set of 4 of them and just run all 4 corners. This way i can just rotate them when i need too. I also have 4x4 so down the road i might want the extra radials for the extra power. Also whats the widest one i can run? they make these but i dont think they will fit.

http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?...on=show_detail

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning

Last edited by RamTex; 11-04-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2010, 03:12 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTex View Post
Hey gabe think i should just get a set of 4 of them and just run all 4 corners. This way i can just rotate them when i need too. I also have 4x4 so down the road i might want the extra radials for the extra power. Also whats the widest one i can run? they make these but i dont think they will fit.

I don't think I'd run DRs on the front. Not saying you can't just never seen it and if you'll be lucky to get 5000 miles out of them. DR compounds are really soft. Notice none of them give a mileage warranty. And to say they handle like crap in the rain is an understatement. Not exactly a NE winter friendly tire for a daily driver. I think you'll be really surprised at how well the M&H 275/50-17 will hook up if you decide to go with those for the rear.

I thought you were setting up an extra set just for the track or maybe a weekend of messing around the streets. If you want to get 4 tires to rotate I would get a high performance summer tire with a thread wear rating below 300. They'll last longer and handle better for daily driving.

Last edited by CHVYKLR; 11-04-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:17 PM

RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Yeah thats what im doing. These rims and tires are going to be specifically for the track def not daily drivers. I have winter rims with my trail grapplers on em and i got my 24's for the summer. I was just saying if i get 4 of them ill have a set to rotate out once the rears get worn down from burn outs. I was asking if it was a good idea also because i have 4x4 if i want to use 4wd on the track once i get a power adder down the road. just sounds like a good idea? and 275's aren't all that wide any ways.

BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning
Old 11-04-2010, 05:05 PM

CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

that would prob work. never thought about launching in 4wd.

I wasn't thinking outta the box...rwd cars/trucks usually run a big-n-little setup. Runnin skinnies up front also help drop some front end weight, reduce rolling resistance and help with weight transfer.

that's awesome you have 3 sets of wheels.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:41 PM

i know right i m pretty much setup cause the winters here are brutal they destroy chrome wheels. My stock 20's are my winter setup. Well maybe i should just look for some cheaper skinnies for the front.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:18 PM

I know you just had them powder coated and everything but you always get 2 of those wheels narrowed to 4-5"

These guys are the best in the business.
http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/
Old 11-04-2010, 11:02 PM

Vehicle: 2005 dodge ram
Trim Level: rumblebee
Color: yellow
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:16
onebadbee is on a distinguished road

24s wtf

get rid of those stupid things
Old 11-05-2010, 11:24 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:530
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

I run 295/45R17 Mickey Thompson Street ET radials (x4) on my 10' 4x4 Ram for my dedicated track tires.
Often I leave them on for a week or two at a time and rip around the city just for shits and giggles.

My Street/Winter set are HEAVY 305/50R20 Terra Grappler's on stock Chrome 20's (almost 27lbs heavier each and about 5-6 tenths slower)
I cant imagine how bad a set of 24's would be at the track ?!? ouch!

My 4x4 right after installing my Ground Force 2/3 drop...so the springs haven't settled yet.

The only 17" x 9" aluminum wheels with the right size/bolt pattern/offset/ I could find locally for my wide DT's were Moto Metal 951's
...but the dealer wouldn't sell me just 2 (refused to break up the set of 4)...at least the 17's were cheap, half the price of their 20" version.

So that's how I ended up with 4 DT's the same size. I also thought it would be cool to rotate them for longer life, and like the 17" wheels, about half the price of my 20" Grapplers.
...and I can still use 4WD if I ever wanted/needed more traction (May get a Magnuson Supercharger if I can sell my Motorcycle next year).

The DT's are super sticky and if the track is warm enough I don't even need to do a burnout to get them to hook up. (open diff 3.55 stock rear)

I really like how my Ram sits low and wide on 4 DT's,
and combined with my Ground Force 2/3 Drop (about 5"/6" combined) it doesn't even look like a 4x4 anymore.
But the real benefit was dropping my effective gear ratio to about 4.30:1 without having to do an expensive gear swap for both diff's.

My PB on the DT's was 14.3 at a 3500+ DA (about 13.7 after DA corrections)
a beat down on a stock Jeep GC SRT8 who cut a bad light and couldnt catch me.

Once I get my ARH headers installed and a modified functional Chally Hood, Look out 13's!

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 11-05-2010, 01:20 PM

Dude your truck is sick!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:530
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks'

BTW,
Those 275/50R17's are about the best you can do with the stock 17"x8" wheels
...about 27.8" tall x 10.8" wide. My 295/45R17's are about 27.2" x 11.5"

My buddy with a Yellow SRT10 Ram runs the huge M&H 390/40R17's,
just about 30" tall and 14.5" wide so they'll work on the rear only...and need a massive 10"-12" wide wheel.

Amazing how much lighter they are compared to his 22" street tires/wheels
He offered to let me try his tires out, but I find my little 295/45's will be fine until I start running 500HP like him.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP