DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-20-2010, 05:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 TRX4
Color: 2 tone Mango/black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:82
MrFixIt101 will become famous soon enough
Default The #1 Missed Mod...

What is the #1 MOD?

It's actually not a question, it's a test

I highly doubt there is anyone on this site that will argue with me that the #1 mod we all make to our vehicle is.... RIMS & TIRES!

It really doesn't matter; Whether you're lifting it to the sky, or slammin' it to the ground; Looking for the best 1/4 mile run, or just Sunday driving...

Rims & Tires ARE without a doubt, the BIGGEST, & probably the MOST EXPENSIVE mod we make to our vehicles. I can go & buy an old school, rusted out Buick that everyone on the planet will look at & consider it a piece of crap, then turn around & buy a set of rims & tires for it, suddenly 3/4 of the people looking at it will say "Wow, cool car..."

So why do we tend to CHEAP OUT on this particular mod???

I'm not talking about the actual cost of our rims & tires, I'm talking about the AMOUNT of Rims & Tires we buy...

How many of you have modded your vehicle with 4 smokin' beautiful Rims & Tires? How many tire shops have you shopped at that say they're gonna give you a great deal on 4, like for the price of 3? You ever bother to ask them what kind of deal they'll give you on 5??? Should be extra extra special

So why buy 5? It is, no doubt, a hard sell to your spouse. My Rim/Tire combo was over $800 each, closer to $900. So it was a tough sell. 4 was gonna cost me $3500, 5 was worth $4200... It's such a bad situation with Tires & Rims... The difference between 4 & 5 almost ALWAYS changes it from a lower # thousand to a higher # thousand so it sounds WAY worse than it is....

NOW, Stop & Think about it. I could baffle my wife with #'s, but I don't even have too lol!

How many of you have oversized tires & a regular spare? Ever had to use that spare? Take it a step further, is your vehicle a 4 X 4? Try using the spare, WAIT, before you do, email me & tell me exactly what your vehicle is. I'll have spare parts waiting for you on eBay

So, here's where it is: I bought a 5 Tire/Rim combo, not only does it look cool to have a spare identical, but it also saves AT LEAST 20% on my tires. I highlight AT LEAST because it actually does save me that, AT LEAST! Thing is, if had had bought 4, my tires are 35", my truck is a 4 X 4, I would have needed a spare that matches outer diameter, I would rotate my Tires in a set of 4, probably waiting until they actually showed signs of damage.

With 5 Tires, I have a constant reminder of what they should look like, so I change/rotate them every 5000 miles, PLUS I have a valid excuse that gets me outta some yard & housework(Please don't show this to your wives because I'm using the fact that I NEED to spend more time under my truck to reap the benefits).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MyLovedOne1.jpg (94.3 KB, 42 views)
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2010, 08:38 AM
erm

I'm sure you believe what you just typed but not everyone will agree.

For me? Rims and tires are part of my whole list but they normally don't get done first as I'm looking for performance first.

I don't cheap out on this mod. I understand the value of quality and I know rims are in a nasty environment, hence you better get the best you can afford and take care of them.

Oh, I have a full size spare, not a stock spare. Seems kinda dumb to have a spare you can't use! I totally understand the "Buy 5" concept.

I really think you are stretching the "I gotta rotate my tires, dear, so I don't have time to mow the lawn." thing. Eventually you will have to mow the lawn. There's no getting out of it. If you wait too long, you'll either have to buy a goat or a hay baler. LOL

Oh, and that is a nice looking tire/wheel combo.