DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport
Color: Black
Rep:10
sinistersix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamasport View Post
the only question i want to know is how you even got the dealer to take a trade in without even seeing it first? that is just dumb on their part and extremely awesome for you! congrats on finally sticking it to a dealer
well the whole point of me not taking the car there that day was because I wasnt going to purchase a new truck that night. Then they said they can do a sight unseen, guess they were realy desperate. In the end it worked, I bought the car that night, they got what they wanted.
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2010, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 2500 Megacab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:167
jpaul51 has a spectacular aura aboutjpaul51 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamasport View Post
the only question i want to know is how you even got the dealer to take a trade in without even seeing it first? that is just dumb on their part and extremely awesome for you! congrats on finally sticking it to a dealer

That sales guy is a moron! You don't ever ever give a value to something you haven't seen! Props to you... they deserve what they got.
2007 Ram 1500 QC - SOLD and bought a 2009 4x4 Megacab 2500 with 6.7 Cummins. Full Sinister EGR/Throttle Valve/dpf deletes, 4" Turbo back exhaust, Banks cold air intake, EFI Live tuning by Anarchy Diesel running 100hp Street tune. Peragon bed cover.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaul51 View Post
That sales guy is a moron! You don't ever ever give a value to something you haven't seen! Props to you... they deserve what they got.
not only that, i traded in the car and they had it for a week before paying off my USAA loan, I think their window has closed.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:0
UnLiMiTeD is an unknown quantity at this point

idiots... Seriously, those are very minor things wrong that can be fixed in an hour. Trust me, if it was the other way around, they would have nooo issue at all sticking it to you. I bought my old cobalt from a chrysler dealership, found out after the whole front end was sand blasted (cant see it on a cloudy day, which was when i bought it). The very next morning, sun was out and i seen all the paint damage, they told me too damn bad, i bought it, its my problem now.

AND, i found out through their detail shop that the dealership had full knowledge of this paint damage and did not tell me about it and threatened to sue for me slander of their dealership if i continued to persue it.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnLiMiTeD View Post
idiots... Seriously, those are very minor things wrong that can be fixed in an hour. Trust me, if it was the other way around, they would have nooo issue at all sticking it to you. I bought my old cobalt from a chrysler dealership, found out after the whole front end was sand blasted (cant see it on a cloudy day, which was when i bought it). The very next morning, sun was out and i seen all the paint damage, they told me too damn bad, i bought it, its my problem now.

AND, i found out through their detail shop that the dealership had full knowledge of this paint damage and did not tell me about it and threatened to sue for me slander of their dealership if i continued to persue it.
damn, well consider this me sticking it to the dealership for you (even though I didnt really do anything). I should be a local hero
Old 10-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Banned

Lets just say their local competing chrysler dealership got quite a bit more business after that, i made sure i told everyone i knew about the experience, also posted the story on several local sections of other car clubs in my area. My work is full of dodge/chrysler owners and i made sure they all stayed away from that dealership, would have been cheaper for them to fix the paint then to lose the business of just the people i know about that didnt buy from them because of it! Who knows how many others stayed clear that heard about my story.

Oh well, live and learn
Old 10-21-2010, 12:44 PM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:108
drivehard27 will become famous soon enoughdrivehard27 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to drivehard27

i have done the sight on seen trade in before i had a nissan hardbody bad paint 300,000 miles on it inside was ruff it was a work truck i told them everything about it they gave me 3000 for it and i drove my new truck home and came back the next day and gave them the old truck they did not look to happy but everything was done so not my problem
Old 10-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Banned

Not like they could have high expectations for something with 300k on it lol, should be happy it runs!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:30 PM

well thats the funny thing is that the guy saw it and was like wow this thing looks nice we will prob resell it real quick, so initially they were very happy.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
bogies87 is on a distinguished road

I have to say every dealer that takes a vehicle in on trade and intends to sell it on their used car lot sends it for reconditioning in the service department. The salesman was more than likely hurting for a deal and misrepresented the car to the used car manager. I think its your salesmans fault.
That being said do not worry about the manager being upset........ Enjoy your Ram!!!!!