DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT QD CAB Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
DodgeRamMan71 will become famous soon enough
Default My RAM 6,000 mile review.....

I bought my RAM on May 11, 2010. Overall I love the RAM. That being said I do have some minor blips. For starters the sun visor at least on the driver side is not made right. It does not block the sun from coming in on top left side of windshield. It is not major, but when it is sunny out and you need to block it, the sun seems to always shine through that gap. This is my first truck and it may just be me, but I feel all trucks NEED a back up alert/camera. There is a huge blind spot behind the truck and anyone or thing could be behind you and you could not tell. I realize the cost, but if it saved one life, or a bumper it is paid for. The rear bumper is not very strong. I slightly bumped a wooden post at a park and it gave a nice little dent/crease in the bumper. I know I should have not bumped it, but I did not see it and I was only going less than 1 mph. The gas mileage has been between 13-19 mpg. I have added some weight to the RAM, so I am sure that has some to do with that. My overall average is a hair over 14 mpg. I would like better mpg's, but I would like to hit the lottery as well,lol. The seats are nice and comfy, the RAM handles very well for such a heavy vehicle. I really enjoy driving my RAM. The 390 HP is very nice. Good take off power and passing power as well. The EVIC is a nice add, I just wish it stayed where I leave it at, instead of having to reset to the MPG tracker. It is a small annoyance and one I can live with. So, in conclusion my overall impression of my RAM is I love it, but like all things we love it is not perfect and unlike people Dodge can change the RAM next year. Until then I will continue to love to drive my RAM.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:52 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Good report on your Ram. Love mine too. The backup camera and sensors are available options, I have both and you're right, very handy to have.

Not sure about the visor issue, I don't seem to have a problem. Could have a lot to do with seat positioning and your height.

MPG wise, considering you're diving a 5k truck, the mpg is pretty good in my book. I average 16mpg with a 4x4 and 3.92 gears. But I tend to keep my foot out of my Hemi.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 10-25-2010, 03:58 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:84
Chubby Bruiser will become famous soon enough

Good write up. I have had mine since March 10. I feel the same as you, there are some small things i dislike (cruise control location). But at the end of the day I must say I love it. very good truck!
Westin Nerf Bars, Mopar Chrome Bug Deflector, Mopar Mud Flaps, Mopar Slush Mats, Chubby Antenna, K&N Drop in Air Filter, Bosch Wiper Blades, Weathertech Vent Visors, Mopar Trailer Brake Controller, Reese Tow Package with Anti Sway Bars, B Pillar Black Tape Removed, Mopar Chrome Gas Door, Mods to come - 14 inch Mufflex, CAI, Headers, Michelin Tires, Chrome Bed Rails.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: silver
Rep:10
cole3986 is on a distinguished road

I have the same concern with backing up the truck- the rake of the truck (front lowered a few inches) does not help while backing up- as Root Beer stated the back up sensors and camera are options and I am exploring adding them to build or going afermarket-

I am happy with the truck and knew a crew cab was going to be pain in parallel parking and in tight parking lots. For a gas truck the power is good- good write up
Old 10-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Nice writeup, I too am very happy with my RAM. I actually have no complaints, this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I do have the rear park assist and it is an absolute required option IMO. So MPG, ride, power, handling are all exceptional.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 4x4 Sport
Color: Red
Rep:0
Kleeeen is an unknown quantity at this point

I am enjoying/using my bu camera on a regular basis
Old 10-25-2010, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

i have the 2009 Ram,
I wanted a locking tailgate for a couple reasons, tailgate theft & tail light theft, so i needed to buy a tailgate release handle & i looked in the book & saw that for just a bit more money, i could get the locking tailgate with the rear camera, the camera is a great help & works good during the day & even better at night

the park assist sensors work great in the rear bumper, though maybe if there were 1 more in the center of the rear bumper, it would be just that much better

You will get used to the position of the cruise control, i did
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-25-2010, 07:22 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: AUSTIN TAN
Rep:16
sprintertech is on a distinguished road

i also have the sun visor complaint.......you will mostly notice this if you drive east in the morning or west in the evening........
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD
Old 10-25-2010, 07:53 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:16
jj ram is on a distinguished road

I don't like how the cruise control doesn't light up at night. You have to make sure you memorize all the function positions. Sometimes I forget

But they have improved lighting in the cab compared to my 04 Ram. and yes the position takes some getting used to, but is in the same spot as other Dodge vehicles like my Caliber.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:00 PM

Vehicle: 2010 slt quad cab
Trim Level: slt
Color: mineral gray
Rep:18
erik108 is on a distinguished road

Im on my 8th RAM, this one is my favorite, The only thing I dont like IS THE LOWERED FRONT, & dodgeramman is right the EVIC , i wish it would stay where you want it, I love to always keep a eye on my tire pressure, I want it to stay everytime you restart!!!