DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:28
jmichael99 is on a distinguished road
Default Just got a brand new 2011 Red Crew Sport. Need a few things

it was a demo.. i test drove it about 2 months ago.. i got it with 2000miles on it and 8k off sticker of 44k. My cousin has an 09 Sport quad and i loved his truck so i got one lol

Mud Flaps.. i need them.. if not the side is gonna get chipped to hell... what is a good dodge/mopar set? i heard there are 2 sizes? maybe a few pictures to see the difference?

I have the touch screen nav system. is it possible to get a remote?

is the satilite radio free? sales guy never said anything about it and its still playing all the channels

The spray on bed liner...it doesnt cover the top of the bed. looks like just a plastic cover that covers the top. possible to have the plastic removed and finish the bed liner?

i also want a bed cover the kind that snaps in and you can just roll back.. starts with a T but i aint got a clue on the name to ever google it lol

thanks for everyones help!
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew 4X4
Color: deep water blue pearl
Rep:186
bamasport has a spectacular aura aboutbamasport has a spectacular aura about

dont know about mud flaps but im sure if you search on here you will find plenty of different styles. not sure what you mean by remote. the sirius should be free for the first yr, but i would check with them to make sure, im sure you have it for free since its working. dont know about the bed liner from the factory, im sure there is something you can do, take it to a line-x dealer or someone along those lines to have them look at it. and the "T" word is tonneau cover.
3.92 rear axle, OEM 20" rims, 20% tint, Mopar wheel-to-wheel side steps, K&N drop-in air filter, LineX bedliner, OEM Tow hooks, Rampage Tailgate Light Bar, Borla Cat Back, 6" BDS lift, 35x12.50x20 Nitto trail grapplers, Custom painted interior, dodge slush mats
JON
Old 10-31-2010, 11:58 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:19
RainmanX is on a distinguished road

Mud flaps..If you have factory fender flares Husky liners makes a set that will work with it. Take a look at a bakflip cover.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:38 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST quad cab 4wd
Rep:10
steve57 is on a distinguished road

Congratulations!

Satellite radio includes one year free. Serius will send you a letter soon.

I wouldn't install mudflaps. I don't see the need.

Old 10-31-2010, 01:25 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: White
Rep:35
kiddynamite is on a distinguished road

easy solution for the remote question: passenger!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:39 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

spray in liner, I agree the plastic caps on the rails look cheesy but the spray in liners are no longer installed "over the rail". Its to easy to mess up the paint job in the process.

Congrats on the new Ram. Have you posted pics?
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 10-31-2010, 01:55 PM
erm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael99 View Post
it was a demo.. i test drove it about 2 months ago.. i got it with 2000miles on it and 8k off sticker of 44k. My cousin has an 09 Sport quad and i loved his truck so i got one lol

I hate peer pressure!!! congrats on the new truck

Mud Flaps.. i need them.. if not the side is gonna get chipped to hell... what is a good dodge/mopar set? i heard there are 2 sizes? maybe a few pictures to see the difference?

The dealer has a molded set for your truck. Also check out weathertech.com or huskyliner.com

I have the touch screen nav system. is it possible to get a remote?

I have not seen one as a stock MOPAR accessory but you could check with some local audio stores. It might require a module that plugs in one of the back plate aux ports if there is one available.

is the satilite radio free? sales guy never said anything about it and its still playing all the channels

Normally it is a limited free period, 6 months to a year. Annual renewal at Sirius is about $119

The spray on bed liner...it doesnt cover the top of the bed. looks like just a plastic cover that covers the top. possible to have the plastic removed and finish the bed liner?

Yes, it is possible. A color match might be difficult but your truck is relatively new so that makes it easier.

i also want a bed cover the kind that snaps in and you can just roll back.. starts with a T but i aint got a clue on the name to ever google it lol

sorry, can't help ya there. I've never really looked at a cover for mine. There are a lot of bed cover threads in the Body Mods section.

thanks for everyones help!
Welcome to the forum!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno red
Rep:68
jdRAM88 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve57 View Post

Congratulations!

Satellite radio includes one year free. Serius will send you a letter soon.

I wouldn't install mudflaps. I don't see the need.

I dissagree 100% mud flaps make a huge diff i have mud flaps on my truck since i bought it and no chips or scratches and i have a buddy who never put them on and the paint is chipped and cracked to pieces behind the rear wheels, mud flaps are the way to go. i have the mopar ones and i love them great quality fit and finnish and quick and easy to install. and as for a bed cover id suggest you get a tri fold its much more convenient the ones that roll up have frames and a lotta hardware to put in place and take out every time you wanna remove your cover.. the tri fold can be put in and taken out in 60 secconds ! hope i have been of help
Old 10-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Rep:28
jmichael99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdRAM88 View Post
I dissagree 100% mud flaps make a huge diff i have mud flaps on my truck since i bought it and no chips or scratches and i have a buddy who never put them on and the paint is chipped and cracked to pieces behind the rear wheels, mud flaps are the way to go. i have the mopar ones and i love them great quality fit and finnish and quick and easy to install.p
you have pics of them on a truck?
Old 10-31-2010, 10:18 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Are you thinking of Truxedo ? I see you're a newbie , Don't forget to stop by the newbie section and introduce yourself .