DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram – 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Graphite
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
RogK is on a distinguished road
Default 03 Quad cab Power window problem

All of the windows work from the master switch but the passenger door windows will not work from the switch on any of the passenger doors. Acts like the lockout switch is locked all the time but once in a great while everything works correctly. Is it the lockout switch? Can it be bypassed? I had this problem before while it was under warranty and the dealer replaced the master switch. All the windows worked for a while but now I have the same problem. I have the same problem in my Grand Cherokee but the windows never work from the passenger doors only the master switch.
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Sounds like the master switch again. I'd take it back to the dealer and see if they will fix it for free since they fixed it for the same thing before but apparently it didn't stay fixed.

Unfortunately the lock and the master switch are one piece.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 11-10-2010, 12:20 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 QuadCab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2004-2004 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 600 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 600lb/ft
Rep:68
Ostranza will become famous soon enough

Hey I've got the same problem I think. I want to fix it myself though because I just bought my 04 Ram and bam 4 days later the passenger doors don't work so I know if I take it in its gonna cost me and I just spent about 450 on a 100k mile service for it. Truck really looks great inside and out but the windows just pooped.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 dodge 2500hd
Trim Level: slt
Color: gray
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Diesel fan is on a distinguished road

Mine had been like that for a year then on the weekend the power door locks quit. I took the master switch apart and found the solder by the window lock out switch was cracked. I re soldered the terminal and the windows are working. Still no power locks. That's tonights job. Hope this helps. P.S be careful when you pry the switch covers off
Old 11-17-2010, 08:28 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 QuadCab
Engine: 2004-2004 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 600 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 600lb/ft
Rep:68
Ostranza will become famous soon enough

Suddenly my passenger windows are working? I think I'm gonna stay away from the windowlock button for some time.

Thanks for that warning, too late for me though I broke a tab or two when taking off my switch cover and it sits kinda loose in the door. Pisses me off now. Can I buy some replacement rosewood covers or something spiffy-er than the taupe ones I have?

Keep us updated on the power locks Diesel!

Last edited by Ostranza; 11-17-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
PMorford is on a distinguished road

I just fixed mine this morning. It was a bent spring wire in the button that disables the other window. I bent it back to 90 and the button works again.

Take the master controller out. Pry all the covers off the tops off all the window switches and the disable button. Take out the 6 screws on the back. You will find the disable switch has two little clips on the sides open them up and the switch will come apart. There is a small torsion spring that will hold the button down or let it come back up.
I bent the end back to 90 degrees and put the switch back together and the problem was solved.
I know this is an old post but what the heck.
Sorry I didn’t take any pictures.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Rep:33
DLB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMorford View Post
I just fixed mine this morning. It was a bent spring wire in the button that disables the other window. I bent it back to 90 and the button works again.

Take the master controller out. Pry all the covers off the tops off all the window switches and the disable button. Take out the 6 screws on the back. You will find the disable switch has two little clips on the sides open them up and the switch will come apart. There is a small torsion spring that will hold the button down or let it come back up.
I bent the end back to 90 degrees and put the switch back together and the problem was solved.
I know this is an old post but what the heck.
Sorry I didn’t take any pictures.
Thanks for posting. I am going to work on mine in the next few days. I am having the same issues as others (master switch works all windows, none work by themselves).

DLB
Old 12-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 dodge ram
Color: red
cpatat is on a distinguished road
Default 2004 ram pw masrer switch

All windows work from drivers, but not from passenger switches. Remove master switch, remove 6 small screws that hold switch together, gently pry off all window, door lock, & lockout button. Gently loosen clips, & pry switch apart. Look for soldered points near lockout that are cracked(may be small cracks). Resolder those cracked points. Test switch(don't have to reassemble). If all cracks fixed, switch should work as new. Reassemble. Good luck!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 dodge ram
Color: silver
sl65black is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,I'm a new member and this is first post.
I got the same problem, I pulled out the switch and did exactly as you guys said. I got the window lock to operate correctly, but it did not fix my problem.
I can work all the windows from the master,but cant work them from the switches on the 3 passenger doors. Any ideas??
Old 02-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 dodge Ram 3500
Color: silver
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
COP60083 is on a distinguished road

I just dove into mine as they were not working on my '05 3500. turned out the wiring between the door post and the door ( in rubber sleeve) were broken. had to pull it out through the door panel and reattach them. about a half hour job each side.