DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-01-2010, 01:43 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Default towed!

Well, thought I'd share my awesome morning I had. I came home late last night and someone was parked in my condo parking space (which I rent, not own, so I can't tow the guy). I had to park in the retail spot next to mine (which is a 24hr restriction), the gf does this all the time since she has a spot that gets parked in regularly. Well, I come out this morning to go to work... and the truck's gone! My first thought is that it's been towed, stolen didn't even come to my mind. I was quite pissed since I had to get to work (a 1hr drive) and I had 2 new people coming out to site today so I couldn't be late. With it being Sunday, I borrowed the gf's Caliber, and went to work, not knowing where my truck was.

Now, I have an amazing gf, she looked into where my truck was, called the impound lots, and sure enough, she finally found out at 9 (I left at 6 and she started looking then) that my truck'd been towed at 3:11am for 'unlawful parking on private property). I talked the general forman into letting me go early (being i'm the safety lead it wasn't that hard) so I could go get my truck before the lot closed at 4pm. So, we made it just in time; $140, and missing 4 hours of overtime, later I had my truck back.

Now, i've written a very nasty e-mail to my condo board since I pay monthly for my parking space, HAVE the parking tag they gave me on my dash, I am a regular so they know my truck, and I have no way of towing someone who's parked in my space since the local parking authority requires 'proof of ownership' of the parking space. So what am I to do if this happens again? park on the street in our not-so-nice neighborhood with my truck with over $15K in mods? I don't think so! All because someone decided to use my stall that I pay for!

Just had to rant, I was very mad this morning, but my gf really helped out, and I love her even more since she was almost bed-ridden with the flu yesterday.
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2010, 01:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: black w/ silver stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:883
98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold

Damn man, that sucks! I'd be furious!!!

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:12 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Couple ideas come to mind.

1. Use the truck to push the other guy out of the spot.
2. Pull the other guy out of the spot.
3. Block the other guy in.
4. Leave some screws behind the tires.

But the right thing to do is write a nice nasty gram telling the person it is your reserved spot that you pay good money for.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 11-01-2010, 06:03 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Dude. That sucks a fatty. But... You have 4wd. Next time... do this.

Nothing says "Get the F out of my spot" like the sound of screeching tires as you drag their car through the parking lot at 1am in the morning. I'll even send you my tow strap.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:47 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 2X4
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:236
GPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura about

Write down the tag number and send the SOB in the slot a bill. You could win that in small claims to problem.

Mods: Thule Xsporter 422XT bed rack, Underrail Rhinolining, MOPAR class IV Hitch, DIY CAI, Aero Turbine 3030.
Future Mods/Wishlist: Tuner, Daystar Comfort Ride 1.5" Leveling kit, Nerf Bars, Police style push bumper with light guards, KC or Thule trail lights, HID projector lights.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I feel your pain, man that sucks big time. Hope there was no damage done to your truck while towed/stored.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:00 AM
erm

Dang, Kurtis! They did no damage, I trust?

Sorry for your troubles, man.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:36 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Kurtis, sorry man! I would love to tell you all the things I would do, but most are illegal as hell. And this coming from a girl who had a bad case of road rage last month. What is the legal thing to do in Canada in this scenerio? What did your board advise you of?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:40 AM
erm

I'd wonder if the tag number of the offending car in Kurtis' spot can be secured and some charge pressed for illegal parking! If the parking area is posted as for "Tenants Only" then that's sufficient.

But it's probably a huge hassle.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:34 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Grey
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:87
Torq89 will become famous soon enough

Yea I def would not have hesitated to hook my chain to that vehicle and drag it out of my way.