DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical


Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 11-04-2010, 12:38 PM
KennyPowers's Avatar
KennyPowers KennyPowers is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: West Dearborn, MI
Age: 24
Posts: 479
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Rep Power: 5
Rep:299
KennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4GTBL View Post
*one thing to remember is that sometime in 2010 the RER was compatible with the ipod plug. before that it doesn't work, just as an FYI

i have the lockpick adapter and a special ipod cable for mine, but i have to use the ipod to control it and not the radio. i don't have an ipod so it doesn't bother me much
I use the standard aux cable for my ipod. The benefit of that unit is you can use your standard usb ipod cable and plug it into the usb slot. This is a huge benefit because it charges the ipod as well.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #22  
Old 11-04-2010, 03:16 PM
UN4GTBL's Avatar
UN4GTBL UN4GTBL is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 458
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Caliber
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Silver
Rep Power: 0
Rep:41
UN4GTBL is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
I use the standard aux cable for my ipod. The benefit of that unit is you can use your standard usb ipod cable and plug it into the usb slot. This is a huge benefit because it charges the ipod as well.
yeah mine will charge the ipods which is really nice on 6 hour drives lol
__________________
2007 Dodge Caliber SXT - 1.8L I4 & 5-Speed Manual
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Plus - 3.6L V6 & 6-Speed Auto


Wanting a new Ram...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-04-2010, 03:22 PM
KennyPowers's Avatar
KennyPowers KennyPowers is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: West Dearborn, MI
Age: 24
Posts: 479
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Rep Power: 5
Rep:299
KennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4GTBL View Post
yeah mine will charge the ipods which is really nice on 6 hour drives lol
I drive a lot and my ipod always dies.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-04-2010, 06:38 PM
RansRAM's Avatar
RansRAM RansRAM is offline
Addicted to the Z


 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Age: 55
Posts: 12,524
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 15
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4GTBL View Post
All the Radios in 2009 + Ram 1500s are the same size.

You no longer have to swap out the bezel when you upgrade from the standard radios to the navi radios.

Both types of climate controls will fit in the bezel. You will see that the bezel has a standard oval-ish cutout that the regular one and the auto controls will up. The only difference in the bezels is the colour.


Oh yeah...nice review of the '11 garmin navi!








The '11 Journey, 300, Charger and maybe some more have new radios that look like this:



They can't be swapped in as they are a different size and probably a different connector and possibly bus.
That's what I thought, thanks for confirming this...
__________________
New Signature Pic Pending
Shorty Antenna, Recon 3rd Brake & Xtreme LightBar, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, MOPAR Valve Caps, Lighted RAM hitch cover, Tints (20% frt),Bug deflector, LED Interior Lights,.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:57 AM
UN4GTBL's Avatar
UN4GTBL UN4GTBL is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 458
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Caliber
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Silver
Rep Power: 0
Rep:41
UN4GTBL is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4GTBL View Post
All the Radios in 2009 + Ram 1500s are the same size.

You no longer have to swap out the bezel when you upgrade from the standard radios to the navi radios.

Both types of climate controls will fit in the bezel. You will see that the bezel has a standard oval-ish cutout that the regular one and the auto controls will up. The only difference in the bezels is the colour.


Oh yeah...nice review of the '11 garmin navi!








The '11 Journey, 300, Charger and maybe some more have new radios that look like this:



They can't be swapped in as they are a different size and probably a different connector and possibly bus.
my edit button is gone now...

i meant that the new radios probably can't be installed in other vehicles...
__________________
2007 Dodge Caliber SXT - 1.8L I4 & 5-Speed Manual
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Plus - 3.6L V6 & 6-Speed Auto


Wanting a new Ram...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Banzai's Avatar
Banzai Banzai is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, Canada
Age: 27
Posts: 457
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:64
Banzai will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Banzai Send a message via Yahoo to Banzai
Default

i have a dilemma when it comes to this...

on one hand.. i want aftermarket... but i wanna keep my UCONNECT...

but the touchscreen from dodge is damn expensive!
__________________

2009 Ram Sport 1500 4x4
22" Black Rhino Traverses | AFE S2 | Magnaflow | Tinted Tails/3rd brake light | BT Catchcan | 6000k HID Fogs | Debadged | Tinted | RhinoLinings Bedliner
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:02 PM
RootBeer RootBeer is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Age: 57
Posts: 7,181
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 10
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
i have a dilemma when it comes to this...

on one hand.. i want aftermarket... but i wanna keep my UCONNECT...

but the touchscreen from dodge is damn expensive!
In all honesty, I'd say save the money and buy a hand-held Garmin Nuvi. Works just as well.

Realistically how often are you going to use the nav?
__________________
Brian:
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-05-2010, 03:21 PM
GTyankee's Avatar
GTyankee GTyankee is online now
Dodge Ram Forum Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego East County, Ca
Posts: 19,068
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep Power: 20
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I have to use the NAV quite often, when i am going to a pickup site to meet a Oversized load & then sometimes to find the actual drop off point,
the route is given to us by the state, county, & city, its written, turn by turn, right on the permit & can not be deviated from.
I also have to use Google Maps & Thomas Brothers map books

for the person the wants to change out radios, but still wants Uconnect. Buy any unit that you want & then buy a PARROT hands free device, you will never regret it.
http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/b...-free-car-kits
I had the PARROT CK3100 LCD Bluetooth hands free car kit with LCD display
it mutes the radio & uses the radio speakers just like Uconnect, the microphone can be put almost anywhere, i had mine on the drivers side of the over head console, almost invisable & i didn't have to close my windows to make my voice heard, like i have do with Uconnect

allpar gives you info on the radios, including what they do & sizes, as well as what nav system each has
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...-media-centers

this site shows pictures & functions of the radios
http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/quality/

for those of you with 2008 & older vehicles, you ought to look at this site for bezels & double din kits
http://www.installer.com/

another option is
http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/c...r%2fMyCar.aspx
__________________
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-05-2010, 03:47 PM
UN4GTBL's Avatar
UN4GTBL UN4GTBL is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 458
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Caliber
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Silver
Rep Power: 0
Rep:41
UN4GTBL is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
I have to use the NAV quite often, when i am going to a pickup site to meet a Oversized load & then sometimes to find the actual drop off point,
the route is given to us by the state, county, & city, its written, turn by turn, right on the permit & can not be deviated from.
I also have to use Google Maps & Thomas Brothers map books

for the person the wants to change out radios, but still wants Uconnect. Buy any unit that you want & then buy a PARROT hands free device, you will never regret it.
http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/b...-free-car-kits
I had the PARROT CK3100 LCD Bluetooth hands free car kit with LCD display
it mutes the radio & uses the radio speakers just like Uconnect, the microphone can be put almost anywhere, i had mine on the drivers side of the over head console, almost invisable & i didn't have to close my windows to make my voice heard, like i have do with Uconnect

allpar gives you info on the radios, including what they do & sizes, as well as what nav system each has
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...-media-centers

this site shows pictures & functions of the radios
http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/quality/

for those of you with 2008 & older vehicles, you ought to look at this site for bezels & double din kits
http://www.installer.com/

another option is
http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/c...r%2fMyCar.aspx
Nice post!

The main thing that i love about the indash unit is that its clean, always ready to go, and i don't have to fuss with it. I used to use my phone for gps, but that means i'd have to get the mount out, set it up, get the charger for my phone so that its not dead when i get there, and then i'd have to find where i'm going. With the RER i just program the destination or just turn on the map and see where i want to go! and the bluetooth is always on as well.
__________________
2007 Dodge Caliber SXT - 1.8L I4 & 5-Speed Manual
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Plus - 3.6L V6 & 6-Speed Auto


Wanting a new Ram...
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Banzai's Avatar
Banzai Banzai is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, Canada
Age: 27
Posts: 457
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:64
Banzai will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Banzai Send a message via Yahoo to Banzai
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBeer View Post
In all honesty, I'd say save the money and buy a hand-held Garmin Nuvi. Works just as well.

Realistically how often are you going to use the nav?
im looking more for the touchscreen/onboard HD capabilities, not so much the NAV capabilities...

NAV Would be handy when i travel to other cities tho..
__________________

2009 Ram Sport 1500 4x4
22" Black Rhino Traverses | AFE S2 | Magnaflow | Tinted Tails/3rd brake light | BT Catchcan | 6000k HID Fogs | Debadged | Tinted | RhinoLinings Bedliner
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum