DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 dodge ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
jordanj273 is on a distinguished road

thanks for the info everyone! one thing though.... i have heard some bad stories of people switching to synthetic. is it just me or am i taking a risk of switching to synthetic when i have over 100,000 miles. I also heard that synthetic help gets rid of the infamous "hemi tick". as for adding other stuff on.... im going to put the predator chip and hopefully get that BFI intake that the Z vendor is advertising!
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Rep:83
cosbourn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanj273 View Post
thanks for the info everyone! one thing though.... i have heard some bad stories of people switching to synthetic. is it just me or am i taking a risk of switching to synthetic when i have over 100,000 miles. I also heard that synthetic help gets rid of the infamous "hemi tick". as for adding other stuff on.... im going to put the predator chip and hopefully get that BFI intake that the Z vendor is advertising!
i would hold off your order of the BFI bro until he gets through the enormous wait list that are for them. I have waited 3 months and haven't recieved it yet. Go on over to the main threads about the BFI and you can see what your getting yourself into if you go this route. He supposedly has shipped a few of them now. So hopefully this whole drama is coming to a close but until somebody confirms a delivery, I wouldnt come anywhere close to ordering. Just letting you know bro.
Westin Ultimate Bull Bar w/ IPF 968CSG lights, Husky Mud Flaps, Bedlined GoRhino Dominator II steps, Bedlined Fuel Door, RBP Pedal-Covers, Clarion CZ300, Composite BFI (#71) w/ 8" Tall Amsoil Filter + K&N Drycharger Prefilter, AirRam Scoop, Flex-a-Lite 183, dumped Aeroturbine 3030XL
Old 11-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Color: Metalic Silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:50
Jersey Devil will become famous soon enough
Default K.I.S.S Keep it simple silly

Hello, if you were getting better gas mileage before your oil change and it suddenly got worse after look the simple things first. They most likely knocked something off like a vacuum line or something of the sort.

Good luck, Andrew
Old 11-20-2010, 04:35 PM

actually, don't order a BFI at all. Save yourself and your sanity. 3 months of nothing but lies just about killed me, which is why I have cancelled and am waiting on my money back.
Westin Ultimate Bull Bar w/ IPF 968CSG lights, Husky Mud Flaps, Bedlined GoRhino Dominator II steps, Bedlined Fuel Door, RBP Pedal-Covers, Clarion CZ300, Composite BFI (#71) w/ 8" Tall Amsoil Filter + K&N Drycharger Prefilter, AirRam Scoop, Flex-a-Lite 183, dumped Aeroturbine 3030XL
Old 11-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 dodge ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: silver
Rep:10
jordanj273 is on a distinguished road

really? why the heart ache? if your not getting the bfi then what are you going to get instead? im just waiting for after christmas then its on! Im getting a CAI exhaust and chip hopefully all inthe same week
Old 11-25-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanj273 View Post
really? why the heart ache? if your not getting the bfi then what are you going to get instead? im just waiting for after christmas then its on! Im getting a CAI exhaust and chip hopefully all inthe same week
because it's predecessor has been tested to be the 2nd best performing cai on the market for qc's. vararam beats it but i hate the vararam setup..

he told me that it would take 30 days to get my money back, and then he told me that my order would ship next wek...hmm......so i guess i'm waiting..i wouldnt even think about it until he get's this first part of the deal over with..which is actually releasing them..which has been literally a year in the making..he's a lying little worm..but idk what else to do bc a effin month on waiting to get my money back would absolutely drive me even more insane..head on over to the main thread to check up on news/lies/blasphemy/etc from lance/shipping dates. all i can do now is cross my damn fingers, and whenever i do get it, pay a little visit to the bbb..

Last edited by cosbourn; 11-25-2010 at 09:12 PM.