DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgard61 View Post
You're not crazy. I do the same thing, come out and there's the POS car parked so close you can hardly get in your truck. A number of years ago I made up some little tickets I use to put under their wiper's, it went like this. "Thank's for Parking so close! Next time leave a F***ing Can Opener so I can get my Truck Out. A**holes like you should take the bus!
HAHA! That's awesome! I need to try that sometime!
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2010, 03:25 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:567
HerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgard61 View Post
You're not crazy. I do the same thing, come out and there's the POS car parked so close you can hardly get in your truck. A number of years ago I made up some little tickets I use to put under their wiper's, it went like this. "Thank's for Parking so close! Next time leave a F***ing Can Opener so I can get my Truck Out. A**holes like you should take the bus! It doesn't prevent the door dings and scratches, but it certainly feels good when your driving off.
I wish there was a 'LIKE' button for this comment!
PINK FUZZY DICE!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:0
UnLiMiTeD is an unknown quantity at this point

i find the corner parking spots far away, then only one idiot can park next to me, they also seem to be a tad bit bigger so i park far over to the side where nobody can park next to me, seems to work
Old 11-11-2010, 04:10 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnLiMiTeD View Post
i find the corner parking spots far away, then only one idiot can park next to me, they also seem to be a tad bit bigger so i park far over to the side where nobody can park next to me, seems to work
Corners are a savoir. I always try to find one, because I can get my truck as close to that edge as possible. And they always seem bigger then a normal spot.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:15 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

There is one simple soultion for those of us with a 4x4 and some disposable income. Lift the truck so damn high that all they can hit is rubber!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:26 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Caliber
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Silver
Rep:41
UN4GTBL is on a distinguished road

You are very normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
I say hook a chain or strap to the offending vehicle and move it elsewhere and then return to your original spot.
you have no idea how much i want a truck to be able to do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRam View Post
Wow and I thought my family was the only people like this?! I too park far away from every body...The day after I bought my truck I took my mom to 'Canadian tire' and I parked in a mass expanse of a parkig lot with not a single car around...low and behold I come out and find some jack-nut park within inches of my truck with his door open..."UMMMM EXCUSE ME!!!!" I yelled as I went to get in.."GEEZE I HATE IT WHEN SOME RETARD HAS TO PARK RIGHT UP ON YOU WHEN THERE ARE A BILLION OTHER PARKING SPOTS IN THE PARKING LOT" I yelled to my mom as she go in...the guy pulled his door close to him as he could while he was standin inside it...I right away began to look for marks on the side of my truck...when I didn't see anything I looked at him and told him he was lucky! My brother tried to write his name in the dust...OMG!!!! wtf!!!!! seriously?! I couldn't believe it...he was no longer allowed to be near my vehicle...he was 17!!!!! ugh!!!!!
I told my b/f kids the next time I catch one of them running their fingers down the side of my truck they will be walking....
Not to mention the parents in our apartment complex not watching their kids...my b/f's brand new jepp...some kid ran into it with their bike...put a nice dent in it....
I very loudy said 'IF I EVER CATCH A KID RUNNING AROUND HERE LIKE THAT...OR COMING AT MY TRUCK WITH A STICK AND THEIR PARENTS AREN'T PAYING ATTENTION...THAT STICK WILL VERY QUICKLY TAKE UP RESIDENCE IN THEIR *BACKSIDE*' I haven't seen kids playing with sticks int he parking lot since...

I HATE PEOPLE!!!!!!

I am on the verge of putting a spike strip around the body of the truck...some nice 6 inch spikes will work nicely I think..you agree???
bwahahahahaha you're my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbovsix View Post
Keep the rants coming because I NEED TO KNOW that I'm not insane. Everybody in my office thinks I'm crazy. I just can't be.

The anger of my fellow board members comforts me and gives me strength. Let the anger flow.....yes.......
if you are insane its because of the stupidity of the people in this crazy world

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcasey10 View Post
I feel your pain man. I always always always park in the back of the parking lot and I don't mind the walk. Now, I don't know if this is a pattern, but when ever my truck is washed and waxed, it will ALWAYS have someone next to it when I come out. If my truck is dirty, no one is near it. I don't understand it.

Sorry for the thread jack here, but here recently my brother was going to school in his black mustang (slick car) and some kids waiting for the bus were screwing around and throwing rocks and one hit his car. He immediately stopped, backed up, and got out and found their mom. Let's just say he's lucky he didn't pop a vein in his head that day. Well, a couple days later, I'm driving up to the bank, and see a couple kids playing outside, and I remember this is where my brother told me he got hit with rocks. Well, I kept a close eye on them and nothing happened. But, the moment I looked away, all I heard was *ping*...I whipped my truck around and pulled right up in their drive way, stormed up to the front of their house, and proceeded to lay in to this lady, because she was obviously stupid enough to let her kids throw rocks at cars. I told her I was about 2 seconds from calling the cops since it had happened to my brother too, but I didn't have time to mess with it. I went and looked at my truck...it got a nice little dent in the tailgate. Gah, I was so pissed.
atta boy!!

I wish i had been able to find the tools that egged my dads last truck...mind you i'd probably be in prison right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnLiMiTeD View Post
My friends call them "corner pockets" as i'm always there. they always know how to find me, as i'm in a corner spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcasey10 View Post
Corners are a savoir. I always try to find one, because I can get my truck as close to that edge as possible. And they always seem bigger then a normal spot.
even with my caliber i enjoy them. if there is a curb, i'm almost touching it and as far back as possible to try and protect my car as much as possible. i'll check on my car several times a day to make sure there are no looney toons around my car.

I've only had 1 time that i had a dent in my car...well it was 3 at once somehow. i just about kicked in teh car next to me when i found it, but it was my buddy's car, and i know from the position of his car and the dent(s) that it was impossible

of like this:

Wanting a new Ram...

Last edited by UN4GTBL; 11-11-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:26 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLt/Lonestar Edition
Color: Mineral Gray Metalic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:167
jpaul51 has a spectacular aura aboutjpaul51 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRam View Post
I wish there was a 'LIKE' button for this comment!
I agree! I need to make some of these, but I think I will make them as stickers so they have a hard time getting them off!
2007 Ram 1500 QC w/ 5.7 Hemi, , Comp Cams XFI 260H-13, Diablosport Predator Tuner w/ Custom CMR Tune, Composite BFI with AMSOIL synthetic dry filter, Fastman Ported Throttle Body, BBK Shorty Headers, 14" Magnaflow, Doug's Headers 3" Electric Cutout, NGK spark plugs, Sonnax 545RFE Trans Line Booster, Jet 180* Tstat, AMSOIL oil & filter, SprintBooster, Billet Grill, GT Truck Products Fiberglass Bed cover, Liquid Metal wheels

Last edited by jpaul51; 11-11-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Find em hot leave em wet

Vehicle: 12 RAM 1500 qc 4x4 HEMI
Trim Level: express
Color: bright silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:204
moparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
There is one simple soultion for those of us with a 4x4 and some disposable income. Lift the truck so damn high that all they can hit is rubber!
soon enough soon enough first Im working on a leveling kit and 35s. But more on note my last truck the body was pretty beat from the woods so I didnt care really but now that I got this nice Ram with only one scratch :/ I park far far away and only go on trails that are very wide lol
Old 11-12-2010, 01:39 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3269
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't move this thread at all... it'a a legitimate rant, one which I have had myself on several occasions.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:23 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Rep:567
HerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to allHerRam is a name known to all

yah know...it isn't just store parking lots...my dad had a beautiful Inferno Red Ram. He had it all chromed out ( not my personal taste but...to each his own ) it was beautiful, being a truck driver my dad didn't run his Ram a whole lot as he was on the road. In 3 years he only put about 10,000 kms on it. Some DB scraped against him in our apartment parking lot with a company half ton truck. Scraped the front bumper down to raw plastic. My dad was heart broken. He repaired it as best her could and complained about it to the apartment manager. Being that it was too 'dark' for the cameras there was no proof. Until the guy hit my little Escape. I waited for him one morning and asked him what his problem was...I told him if he couldn't handle the vehicle he was driving maybe he ought not dive it...good thing he had a 'how's my driving' sticker on the back. I proceeded to report him to his company right in front of him. After that I didn't see that company truck in the parking lot anymore, but I did see the guy leaving in a little KIA Rio! LOL but my dad was pretty upset and sold the Ram. We have since moved out of that complex...
Oh wich leads me to this, WHY oh WHY!!!! do people insist on breaking in to your vehicle JUST for the sake of breaking in and ransacking your vehicle, while they take NOTHING!!!! happened to me last winter...all they took...nickles, dimes, and pennies!!!! left all the big ticket stuff....GRRRRRR!!!!
PINK FUZZY DICE!!!