DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram MPG Zone

Notices

Dodge Ram MPG Zone Discuss your MPG woes and helpful hints here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Water Pearl
Rep:71
latitud will become famous soon enough

Good points...I read all the "possible" issues and all the draw backs, yet somehow I have none of those issues. I maintain all my own vehicles and I pay a lot of attention to issues and fix them. I had the head gasket replaced at 49,000 and I have replaced 2 timing belts and water pumps. The only issues I have ever had is radiator problems..on number 4 currently. I clean the throttle body on a regular basis and it has a ICEMAN cold air intake that it has hade since 5,000 miles. I drive it hard on a regular basis and it see 6,500 RPM's regularly.

I believe acetone works, and I can tell you that the EPA estimate was way off in the 90's about MPG. They later changed the way they calculate it to be less misleading to the consumer...sometime around 2002 I believe. I have had success and there are times I run out of acetone and just run straight premium fuel and I can tell you that it doesn't go as far on a tank without acetone. I have run premium since day run (recommended in owner's manual) and run synthetic oil. My valve train looks like new.
My point being that each engine will require a different ratio, my 2.0 is 1.5 to 2 oz per 10 gal. That is a good starting point. To satisfy your own curiosity, all I can say is try it for yourself. Most nay sayers only believe what they read on the internet. Mine is real world testing and again, I have had no plastic or rubber failures.

I would even go so far as to test it in your garage for yourself. Take a fuel line hose and soak it in gasoline and acetone mix and see if there are any changes in the hose. 1 gal of gas would require .25 oz of acetone. You may need a syringe to measure that small amount. I am willing to bet, you wont see any changes. Repeat the test for and plastic fitting made for a fuel line.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

latitud, have you tested your ram with acetone yet, what you mention in your posts as far as studies and tests on breakdown items that straight acetone would normally affect, I have read most of them myself, still entrigued.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Water Pearl
Rep:71
latitud will become famous soon enough

Since the Ram only has 1,800 miles on it, I figured the fuel mileage will vary greatly with and without acetone, up until it is "broken in". So yes I will try it, but I haven't yet.