DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport (HEMI)
Trim Level: Sport (HEMI)
Color: White
Rep:60
Bighert3rd will become famous soon enough
Default Engine in "Safe Mode"???

Hey all,
Got 300 miles on the odometer on my 2011 Ram 1500 Sport and seems to have some lag when accellerating from a dead stop. Now I would figure that with 407 ft. lbs of TQ this thing should rip the tires up out of the hole with my foot to the floor, but I'm getting maybe a little chirp. The computers in these things aren't in some kind of "safe mode" for the first 500 miles or so are they? Just seems like the truck should have more grunt from a dead stop. Maybe I'm just to use to my old Shelby GT500 which would spin tires 1st thru 3rd...lol.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:38 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Its call Electronic Traction Control.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 09-18-2010, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

^^Agreed^^
Old 09-18-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBeer View Post
Its call Electronic Traction Control.
LOL...yea had that turned OFF. I tried multiply things before posting this. Tried putting it in 1st using manual shift, tow/haul mode, traction control off. Maybe the roads around here are just sticky...haha.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:59 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

do that on a wet road or dirt and see what happens. what gears do you have?
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 09-18-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBeer View Post
do that on a wet road or dirt and see what happens. what gears do you have?
Yea I'll have to try it and see what happens. I'm actually not sure on the gears. I'll have to check that one.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

TMS - Torque Management System
In 1st gear, the TMS reduces the maximum available output of the engine to avoid breaking parts. In a nut shell, you will not be able to leave that 100' black strip on the road from the launch! I understand that some tuners alter this, or you can get them to alter the tuner program to alter this. There has been some discussion with regard to the DS predator making this custom programming available.....but I am not aware of the details regarding this. You could try contacting SpeedlogiX-Sam and ask him about this.

I would wait a while before doing anything.....I notice with mine that it 'changed' a lot in the first 3K miles. I'd recommend waiting at least that long to give it a chance to break in a little.

Warning - There are warranty considerations when it comes to tuners.....so make sure you understand what your doing with it....there is a whole section here on that topic....good reading.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 09-21-2010, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: 2004 RCSB 4x4 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blizzard white
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:23
MoparerNocar is on a distinguished road

Torque management sucks! Haha just kidding, good idea, but who doesn't like to be able to leave those 100' blackies?
Old 09-21-2010, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Forest Green
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:67
Race1Mopar will become famous soon enough

Dodge has always limited torque on their engines to reduce warranty claims, more so when the engine is new than after it's predetermined break in. It will give you more eventually, My buddies went from being a dog at 600 miles on it, to impressing me when I drove it the other day. Give it a bit and see what you think. That said you will not have a full tap of that power without changing their presets. As stated above TMS is your biggest issue.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race1Mopar View Post
Dodge has always limited torque on their engines to reduce warranty claims, more so when the engine is new than after it's predetermined break in. It will give you more eventually, My buddies went from being a dog at 600 miles on it, to impressing me when I drove it the other day. Give it a bit and see what you think. That said you will not have a full tap of that power without changing their presets. As stated above TMS is your biggest issue.
Yea I got about 600 miles on it now and it seems to be waking up a bit, but still kind of lags from a dead stop. Once I get it moving the acceleration is actually pretty good. Not that big of a deal...I'll do a tuner later down the raod to change the settings.