DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-14-2010, 11:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn
Color: white
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
hckyplyr is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 Ram Bighorn Uconnect...HELP!!!

Hi Guys,
I have done a search on the problem I'm having, and my problem seems to be unique compared to the other problems. My dad just purchased a 2011 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the factory installed Uconnect. He has a motorola razor phone. We paired the phone, set the priority, etc etc. When my dad MANUALLY turns on his bluetooth in the truck, incoming phone calls work by coming through the uconnect. Also, when making outgoing calls, it works great. Clarity and everything else is great. Here's the problem though. If my dad doesn't manually turn his bluetooth applicator on (on his cell phone), the uconnect wont automatically connect to his cell phone. It has connected automatically when he gets in the vehicle a couple times, and will then automatically shut off when he turns the ignition off and opens the door, but this ONLY happens probably 1 out of 10 times. What are we doing wrong? Basically, we want the uconnect to automatically connect to his cell phone when he gets in the vehicle, without him manually turning on the bluetooth function on his cell. Thanks for all your help guys!
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Welcome to the Z. Does he have the bluetooth on his phone set to automatically connect to the Uconnect? Its in the phone's bluetooth settings. It also takes a about 30 seconds for the Uconnect to connect after the radio/truck are turned on.

We have a lot of forums for all kinds of topics, so you shouldn't have any problems finding a place to post questions.

We LOVE pics of Rams.

Here's how to post them: http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 11-15-2010, 01:22 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
JRI is on a distinguished road

I am just a little confused by your description of the problem.

You say your dad has to manually turn on the blue tooth on his phone. The problem with that is that if the blue tooth on his phone is not on then Uconnect will not know the phone is there.

You further say that when he shuts off the vehicle and opens the door the Uconnect shuts off. The problem with that is that if you have turned the vehicle off then you have also turned off Uconnect.

As far as inconsistant service goes I am having the same problems with mine. I would check the list of "approved" phones from Uconnect. Apparently if your specific phone is not on the list there is nothing to be done if it does not work correctly.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:57 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:83
Turbovsix will become famous soon enough

Hmm, I"m assuming you've checked this, but make sure your phone is "discoverable" - it's a setting in the phone's Blue Tooth setup.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:13 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Caliber
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Silver
Rep:41
UN4GTBL is on a distinguished road

There should be a setting on the cell phone that allows the bluetooth to stay on or turn on when another bluetooth device is in range. I turned my bluetooth on permanently on my BB and i never have a problem with it.

Wanting a new Ram...
Old 11-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
KGVette is on a distinguished road

Not sure but I think the Razor is fairly old in terms of cell phones so might want to upgrade. I have a droid and if I have blue tooth turned on its stays on and just automatically syncs whenever I get in. Now I dont always leave it set on on my phone as having bluetooth constantly turned on will drain your battery faster on your phone.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:38
LightZone is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LightZone

I am having the same problem. I just got my 2007 Ram, and before had a 2006 Charger with U Connect. The phone was automatically recognized when I got in the car and started it up. My Ram needs to have me link up manually using the phone each time. Same phone as with the Charger and I have not changed the settings on my phone. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

i have the Motorola RAZR V3, it works perfectly
i just went to the phones tool box, opened it, then i went down to Connection, selected Bluetooth, clicked Audio Devices to see if any phones were connected, the old trucks device was, it was a Parrot Device & i no longer had that so it was deleted.
then i clicked Add Device to see what it was, it was empty.
Then i went out to the Ram & turned on the key, the radio came on
Then i hit FIND ME & the phone went into Discover Mode, the Uconnect showed up, i finished out the sequence with the phone & the Uconnect, now when i am 35 feet away from the Ram & the key is still on, the phone stays connected to Uconnect, i step a couple more feet away & it disconnects automatically, i step back into the 35 feet & they reconnect.
When i shut off the key, the phone is automatically disconnected, when i walk out to the Ram & turn on the key, the phone connects automatically.
I never change the phones settings.

Only problem that i have had, if i am within the 35 feet & have the key turned on, i have to get back into the Ram to answer through the microphone, OR go into the phones Bluetooth setting & disconnect it manually, or step further away from the Ram & out of range

All the APPLE products are a whole different story, Iphone, Ipod, etc.
By the way, if you have the Iphone 4, forget it until Apple changes frequencies

Hope this helps
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 12-09-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:38
LightZone is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LightZone

I too have my problem solved. In my phone, under Bluetooth Devices, I had 2 U-Connects, one from my old Charger and the other from my new Ram. As soon as I deleted the older "Charger" version, U connect works as expected. It automatically finds my phone when the truck is started, and disconnects when I shut the truck down. Obviously the 2 U-Connects in my phone created a conflict, causing the neither to be automatically recognized. I hope this helps.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:21 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
GRam is on a distinguished road

I had the dealer install mine after purchase, and it fails to recognize my blackberry 4 or 5 times out of 10.
As an aside, anyone else have sound issues? Almost every caller says the sound from me has an atrocious echo. I've tried adjusting where the mic is but no change.

Torque, it's what moves you...