DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Recalls and TSB's.

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:81
gregster will become famous soon enough

I have been putting off making an appointment because I just KNOW what a hassle it will be with my dealership... First I will drop it off... They will have it all day and when Ipick it up at night they will inform me that part of the recall is done, but another aspect of it was not. Its usually either a part they do not have in stock or that their "computer system was down"....

No matter what my service department will turn this small recall into a major hassle for me!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I went in for my oil change at 35,400 miles on december 6th
also got a tune up, spark plugs, etc. they did the Climate Control Flash too,
4 hours later the shuttle van was at my door to get me

I also walked into the finance dept. & up graded my 7 years or 100,000 mile Added care Warranty to the Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty with $100 deductible
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 12-13-2010, 06:24 PM

Vehicle: 2009 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Borange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:17
david55838 is on a distinguished road

Did mine this morning. I wondered why it was taking so long, and they said it was also getting new exhaust manifold bolts. Never got a letter on that one...
Old 12-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
emtnfirefighter is on a distinguished road

Just got mine back today, Dealer also had other things (so they told me were outstanding)...

#1 Recall K17 Replaced Face/Defrost Actuator
#2 Re-programed HVAC Control Head
#3 RRT 09-095 Inspect inner door moldings - No repair Necessary
#4 RRT 09-096 Resealed CHMSL Lense
Old 12-15-2010, 04:07 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 2WD
Color: Black
Rep:77
bigedschukar will become famous soon enough

I know there's a recall area here on the forum, but is there somewhere "official" that I can go look to see if my truck has had them done? I bought my 2009 used a couple of months ago so I don't know what has and hasn't been done. I assume this is something the dealership should be able to tell me, but I don't have much confidence in my service department... they're a cluster.

Any info is appreciated! Thanks!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Had mine done today (Finally). Got there early and was first in line. Only took 45 mins. Talked to the electrical guy about what was done, he indicated just a re-flash for the HVAC module. He also told me that he has not seen any problems caused by the systems in RAMs with the old software (before the re-flash). Paid me a nice compliment on my RAM as well, it's good to get to know the guys who may be working on my RAM in the future.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 2WD
Rep:77
bigedschukar will become famous soon enough

Had my HVAC recall done on Friday. All they did was the re-flash. Took about 45 mins.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
mattpsu136 is on a distinguished road

I purchased my 2009 in 2012. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that it started making this awful sound coming from dash and the heater would only blow to the floor. I got online and saw that there was a recall. Contacted Ram and they said it was already performed but to take it to the dealer to see if indeed it was the same problem. So I did exactly this only to have Ram contact me and say that since it was already done once they weren't doing it again since it wasn't safety related. I was irate! They wasted my time to tell me this? And how is it acceptable to replace a bad part with another bad part and lead to failure again and expect me to take on the cost to do it a THIRD time? I am so upset over this! I love my Ram and I feel like my girlfriend just cheated on me! I did files complaint with NHSA and they advised me to contact my states attorney general's office consumer protection agency and that's my next step. This is totally unacceptable and I expected more from Ram. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank You, Matt
Old 12-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
DodgeGirl is on a distinguished road
Default dodge problems

in response to the 7 hr job. mine went last year in the awesome -40 weather we get, and dodge here took 7 hrs to fix!!!! took dash off…..
As now a year has passed…. I HAVE THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENING!!!! no clacking just the lack of heat on the drivers side…
as this is a re occurring problem with MANY dodges you think Dodge would come up and fix this as it is again -40 out and i have lovely A/C blowing on me ….. GRRRRR dodge get your heads outta your arses and FIX this problem!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2014, 12:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Color: RED
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
johnsrt4 is on a distinguished road
Default Had the Ram in for the HVAC recall

I took mine in for the Pinon nut. The day I called to set it up my defroster failed loud banging under the dash almost sounds like something stuck in a fan. I brought that up and asked about the recall. was told the recall was already done on my truck. I'm the second owner. but they also said none of the actuators were replaced and they would see if it could be fixed under the recall. keep your fingers crossed for me that they will fix under the recall and fix my axel or rebuild ect... and I will have my truck back at no cost to me. do they offer a rental car if no warranty and it is in for a recall?