DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Toyo Open Country M/T Questions

So I tried the search function and like most VBulletin Boards it sucks. Feel free to harass me and point me in the right direction if this has been covered.

I just had 33/12.50R20 Toyo Open Country M/Ts put on my 2010 Ram 4x4. I put on the Daystar 2.5"F 1"R lift/leveling kit at the same time and had an alignment done.

Well, now I have a right hand pull. After much search it seems to be a fairly common problem. Has anyone alse dealt with this? More importantly, is there a fix?
Old 11-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

In case anyone is wondering, this is how they look. I rather like it, just the damned pull.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:30 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3272
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

They look great, and I'd want to keep them to, so just a few of the 'dumb' things to check first... like tire pressure, or possibly sticking caliper. An issues may be the alignment, have a look at the numbers, also, rotate the tires and see if that cures the problem... if not, then it's an alignment issue, not a tire issue.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
They look great, and I'd want to keep them to, so just a few of the 'dumb' things to check first... like tire pressure, or possibly sticking caliper. An issues may be the alignment, have a look at the numbers, also, rotate the tires and see if that cures the problem... if not, then it's an alignment issue, not a tire issue.
Alignment was done at the same time the tires were installed, numbers are all litterallly right on factory spec. I have double and triple checked the pressure and rotated the tires three times. No brake drag (good guess and what I thought too initially after rotation didnt work). I even had a second facility confirm the alignment.

I know its the tires after alot of research. Seems to actually be quite a common issue that even Toyo is aware of. My biggest question is has anyone come up with a fix, especially with the IFS front end. Were the Ram a solid axle like the Jeep it would be a rother easy fix.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Sport Premium
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:76
pstern will become famous soon enough

2010 RAM 1500 Sport
I have a 2 inch rough country lvl kit
Same Toyo's 295/70R/17 and I do not have any pull issues
Old 11-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Swap the tire on the front , from side to side , and tell us what it does then . Can you post up your alignment ?
Old 11-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms Blue Ram 1500 View Post
Swap the tire on the front , from side to side , and tell us what it does then . Can you post up your alignment ?

Already swapped, and with the rear front to back and side to side. At this point every tire has been in every posittion. Still pulls to the right.

I dont have the alignment print out, i must have misplaced it. I will have them print another one next time I am in the area.

As an example. Computer said factory toe needs to be between .01 and .02 degrees. Mine was able to be set to .015, literaly dead center of factory spec. Same with camber, caster. I just dont have all the numbers off the top my head.