DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of
Default Where to Relocate?

I'm retired and as of May next year will have no obligations keeping me in Boise.

I want to move someplace warm with low humidity. Doesn't have to be desert low but MO/FL type humidity is out.

CA is out too.

Cost of living is definitely a factor because all my income is fixed and cannot be increased with part time work.

So beyond that, I'm up for ideas.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2010, 05:43 PM
erm

Check out Chandler or Scottsdale AZ Brian.

Can you keep a place in Boise? It would be nice to have a true snowbird kind of lifestyle.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:47 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 QC BigHorn
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:35
thewagon is on a distinguished road

I heard good things about Boise. Low crime, cheap housing, etc. Why are you considering leaving?

I ended up in Reno, NV after being in SoCal for 6 yrs and NY years before that.
Pros & Cons to every place.

But I'm happy humidity is very low here year round. No income tax (that was like an extra monthly car payment in my pocket), not too hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter. Low housing cost, that helped me get into a place here.

Cons: slot machine in just about every business (I mean, wtf? Do you really need ten in a 7/11 or a supermarket?) , too many raiders fans ;o)

I guess I'm happy here so far
Old 11-20-2010, 05:48 PM
erm

Reno ain't bad at all, come to think of it. Definitely a place to check out.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:02 PM

RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewagon View Post
I heard good things about Boise. Low crime, cheap housing, etc. Why are you considering leaving?
Tired of the cold winters. I want someplace I can play golf 12 months of the year and not pay through the nose to do it.

I was in Reno in Sep for the air races but didn't get to see much of the place. Definitely would not be interested in living in the city, to crowded.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 11-20-2010, 06:11 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

well, if you don't mind heat waves, but, like boating, sand, & short mountains & you want to be fairly close to a large city
Look around Henderson Nevada & the Lake Mead Recreational Area
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ex...ed=0CBsQ8gEwAA

you would be sort of equally close to Utah, Arizona, & California
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 11-20-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
Check out Chandler or Scottsdale AZ Brian.

Can you keep a place in Boise? It would be nice to have a true snowbird kind of lifestyle.
Nice thought but I don't have the income for that kind of lifestyle. Chandler and Scottsdale are way out of my price range but other places in AZ are on the menu.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport- Off Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1930
wermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant future

Albuquerque, read someplace as thats the best for golf year round,
Santa Fe,
Gatlinberg, TN???
Old 11-21-2010, 09:13 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Quad Cab
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:84
Chubby Bruiser will become famous soon enough

My Ma and Pa in laws just retired to Florence, Az and they love it. They are not wealthy but found a community that was nice without breaking the bank. and they golf everyday.
Westin Nerf Bars, Mopar Chrome Bug Deflector, Mopar Mud Flaps, Mopar Slush Mats, Chubby Antenna, K&N Drop in Air Filter, Bosch Wiper Blades, Weathertech Vent Visors, Mopar Trailer Brake Controller, Reese Tow Package with Anti Sway Bars, B Pillar Black Tape Removed, Mopar Chrome Gas Door, Mods to come - 14 inch Mufflex, CAI, Headers, Michelin Tires, Chrome Bed Rails.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:42 PM

AZ is looking more and more like where I'll land. I grew up in Tucson and certainly will not be moving back there though.