DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 4.7L Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 2X4
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:236
GPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura about
Default Kind of ticked

So it was about a month back that I had my exhaust installed. Had the stock muffler removed and new pipe all the way out the back again. Come to notice that the pipe didn't look quite as big as it used to be so today (had the day off) I measured ... the shop installed 2.5" pipe.

I even told them on the phone when I made the appointment that it was a 3" system and I purchased 3" inlet/outlet muffler. I didn't stand over them in the shop ... but I figured I had already mentioned it, and they should be able to tell right? They just fit the smaller pipe and built up the weld to make it fit. I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask them to fix it, but what a pain in the ass.

Mods: Thule Xsporter 422XT bed rack, Underrail Rhinolining, MOPAR class IV Hitch, DIY CAI, Aero Turbine 3030.
Future Mods/Wishlist: Tuner, Daystar Comfort Ride 1.5" Leveling kit, Nerf Bars, Police style push bumper with light guards, KC or Thule trail lights, HID projector lights.
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2010, 11:56 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Thats pretty crappy man. Sorry to hear they did that.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:12 AM

GPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
Thats pretty crappy man. Sorry to hear they did that.
It was supposed to be one of the better shops in town too. Had great reviews. I think the problem was the owner let a couple of his younger guys do it while he chated with me. Should have been simple enough, but apparently they weren't paying much attention.

Mods: Thule Xsporter 422XT bed rack, Underrail Rhinolining, MOPAR class IV Hitch, DIY CAI, Aero Turbine 3030.
Future Mods/Wishlist: Tuner, Daystar Comfort Ride 1.5" Leveling kit, Nerf Bars, Police style push bumper with light guards, KC or Thule trail lights, HID projector lights.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:14 AM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

that suxs and i wouldnt take no for a answer either if they try to bull shit u
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 11-12-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinuminjected View Post
that suxs and i wouldnt take no for a answer either if they try to bull shit u
Congratz on the 1k posts by the way ... you did it faster than me.

I'll let you all know how it goes when I call tomorrow. The owner seemed like a stand up guy, so I hope he stands up here.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:01 AM

Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely let us know how it goes.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Banned

Trim Level: 4x4 Sport
Color: Red
Rep:0
Kleeeen is an unknown quantity at this point

Kinda diggin my 5" tips what just sayin. Oh good luck and hope all goes well
Old 11-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought on my part

I hope that they didn't do that to a lifetime warrantied Magnaflow
because if it ever goes bad & they have to take it off & ship it to Magnaflow to get the warranty replacement muffler, they will discover the modified muffler & deny the warranty do to improper installation.
if it is a Magnaflow, have the shop give you something in writing so if that should happen, they would be responsible for the failure
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 11-12-2010, 04:26 PM

That's a good point. It's an aero turbine, but they have a lifetime warranty with similar terms. IE muffler must be shipped back for warranty claim. I'll have to bring that up too. I forgot to bring the recipt with me to work today so I don't have the phone number. I'm gunna call when I get home and hopefully catch them before the shop closes.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:48 PM

They told me to bring it in and they would take a look. Kind of what I expected. When I was having it installed originaly the owner was telling me stories about people who called and said stuff was wrong and then he told them to bring it in and it turned out the be nothing or some unrelated issue. This is not the case with mine, but I figured they would say bring it in. I'll take it next week when I get a chance. I have to go the the dealer about the K17 recall so I'll try to get a dealer appointment and then head ot the muffler shop since they are near by.