DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Diablo Predator Questions & Info!
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-24-2010, 01:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: id say simple
Color: Silver
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:64
TRIPOD will become famous soon enough
Default Diablo :(

I bought a Predator tuner off ebay a few days ago for $150 bucks (I know deal of the century right?) We'll I asked before I made the purchase if the VIN had been cleared and he told me "its my sons tuner, the truck was taken into the shop for major repairs (warranty work), and the truck was taken back to stock." I bought the tuner on his word that the VIN was cleared.

Well....today I got the tuner and it would not work. I called predator and they told me either I needed to give them $120 bucks to give me the codes to clear the tuner or have the origional owner clear his vin to clear the tuner.

I'm really down now I e-mailed the ebay seller to see what he will do on this. Is there any other way around this???? I know it seems I got a good deal on the tuner, however, by the time I put another 120 in it, I may aswell bought a brand new one. Sorry for the long post, just a little disappointed.
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2010, 01:14 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly, if the seller didnt reinstall the stock tune, then you're kinda stuck. Though, even at 270, you're not doing too bad for a DSP. The difference between a new and used DSP is next to none, it's not like it gets worn out from use like so many other parts you can order.

I doubt the seller will be willing to de-tune, as they got what they wanted, and that's a tuned truck AND sold the DSP.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
Sadly, if the seller didnt reinstall the stock tune, then you're kinda stuck. Though, even at 270, you're not doing too bad for a DSP. The difference between a new and used DSP is next to none, it's not like it gets worn out from use like so many other parts you can order.

I doubt the seller will be willing to de-tune, as they got what they wanted, and that's a tuned truck AND sold the DSP.
Very true.

The seller does have over a thousand feedbacks with 100%. I'm really hoping he is willing to work with me. Though I am NOT sending it back to him (I dont trust anyone that much.) Believe me I understand its no where near wore out, but I could have spent a few extra bucks on a new one and been tuned by now. I've been looking at tuner for months, I just happened to catch this deal a few hours after it was listed. I jumped on it, and now I starting to hear the ol "if it sounds to good to be true, it is" deal.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:31 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 2500 Megacab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:167
jpaul51 has a spectacular aura aboutjpaul51 has a spectacular aura about

Sorry bro. That really sucks! My guess is the eBay seller will not respond at all. They have your money and that's all they care about. He did say it was off of his son's truck, which sounds to me as if he didn't know the answer to the question you were asking and was just trying to be vague. He wanted to make a sale whether it was legitimate or not. If he doesn't help you out report him to eBay and give him a horrible feedback.
2007 Ram 1500 QC - SOLD and bought a 2009 4x4 Megacab 2500 with 6.7 Cummins. Full Sinister EGR/Throttle Valve/dpf deletes, 4" Turbo back exhaust, Banks cold air intake, EFI Live tuning by Anarchy Diesel running 100hp Street tune. Peragon bed cover.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
KillerBBBs is on a distinguished road

Straight off of e-bay...If the item you received doesn't match the seller's description, eBay Buyer Protection can help. I'd give him the chance to fix it or get in touch with e-bay for a refund.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html
Old 11-24-2010, 04:23 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 SLT C.C.
Color: Brilliant Black Pearlcoat
Rep:946
Juice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to behold

Just get the code from Diablo. That's still cheaper than a brand new one.

Justin
Black Mamba- Flowmaster 40 series, Airaid CAI, 20% tint, GTO taillight covers, ATA nerfs, AVS in-channel ventvisors, Curt hitch receiver, Extang Revolution Tonneau, EZ-down tailgate damper, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Custom painted engine cover

Black Mamba's Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 04:28 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBBBs View Post
Straight off of e-bay...If the item you received doesn't match the seller's description, eBay Buyer Protection can help. I'd give him the chance to fix it or get in touch with e-bay for a refund.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html
^^Agreed^^ Negative rep his ass if he doesn't straighten it out .
Old 11-25-2010, 11:28 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:27
Dan is on a distinguished road

Definitely file a complaint with e-bay. If the guy said that the truck was "taken back to stock", and the programmer wasn't cleared, that's blatantly misrepresenting the item. Also, don't send the item back to the seller before bringing it up with e-bay, cause in that case you could end up without the programmer or a refund.

Based on the e-bay buyer protection info posted above, I'm thinking that your best result is going to be to get a partial refund from the guy, then call Diablosport and pay to have the tuner unlocked. I think that will actually be better for both you and the seller, since he would have to get Diablosport to unlock it anyway if he wants to sell it again (something you can mention to him to encourage him to go with the partial refund route). As others have mentioned, that'll still be cheaper than a new predator.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:03 AM

****UPDATE****
The seller has contacted me back through several emails. Here is a copy and post of the emails I have received. What do you guys think?????????

The first email I sent was telling him what the deal was and what diablo told me.

Here is what he replied.......
I am contacting the diablo people today and seeing what is up....sounds like bad customer service to jack you around like that........let me try to go up the ladder.....I'll get back with you.

He then emailed this......

I contacted my son and he affirmed that he had to return the
truck to stock to have warranty work done just prior to leaving
for Iraq. If you want to return it do that.....he wants me to
send it to diablosports to insure his vin number was the last
one used. I will be happy to refund your money at that time.
Sorry for the issues.........

I replied that I didnt want to send it back because I wanted the tuner, I would have money tied up, time wasted on waiting, and nothing in hand. I would be glad to give him my phone number and he could call me. I would give him step by step instructions on what the tuner was telling me, and then he could contact predator. Or I would email it too him, step by step. Basically I dont want to send it back to him because I would have nothing if he decided to screw me!

He replied...
I am working with Diablosports trying to get a solution. If I were able to track down the VIN number would you be able to enter the number that way to unlock it???? I'll let you know what I find out from thgem. Thanks

Then he replied this....
if you can get that tool powered up in a vehicle(any vehicle) and go to options and then click on “show last tune written” it will give you some info. Can you write that info down and send it to me via email? Thanks

I did this and emailed all the information back to him. Including the VIN that was NOT mine!

He then replied this.....
Here's is where I am with diablosports......they have agreed to
reset the tool FREE......IF.......I can provide the revolt where
my son took it for service before selling it.......the only problem
is that all service records went with the truck.....SO .....I will
have to travel to the dodge dealer and see if they will give me
a copy.......not sure how that will go.....anyway......I am going
to give it a shot.....I,ll let you know.......if this goes thru you will
probably have to ship it to them under my sons
name.....unless they clear them online
somehow......anyway....have a great weekend

This is becoming very confusing to me. What do you guys think???? Am I just getting jerked around or what? What is the REVOLT? Im really getting impatient on this, I just want my tuner to work. It does seem like he's trying (giving him the benifit of the doubt). What do you think?????????
Old 11-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009
Color: Blue
Rep:10
KillerBBBs is on a distinguished road

I would give him till Monday to get the information from the dealer. Since most are open today and some on Saturday. IF he doesn't then I would file a complaint with e-bay and try and get some of your money back(about $75) to go toward getting the tuner cleared. It looks like he is trying and if he has over 1000 sales and his feedback 100% he won't want any neg. feedback.