DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Diablo Predator Questions & Info!

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

He's trying but he's stuck. No records and no info to show to DiabloSport so they will not do anything until they can prove his son was the owner. The truck is gone and I'll bet he gets no info on the truck trying to track it down. He's doing what he can but this may be a lost cause.

Take his offer of getting a refund or get the unit recoded for a new VIN. You will spend a lot more time chasing this down the way you are going.
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2010, 06:24 PM

Vehicle: 03 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4X4 5.7H
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Two Tone - Grey/Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:38
pieece is on a distinguished road

I bought a superchip off of craigslist. met with the guys nephew. Was only 120$ and it was unlocked. Great deal.

I would just go ahead and call diablo and get it reset. Give the guy negative feedback. But I would at least give him until tuesday. If he comes through it will be unlocked for free.
17" Eagle Rims/2" Leveling Kit/33" Nitto Terra Grapplers/Billet Grille/K&N CAI/SUPERCHIP/-5% Tint/Black Chrome Running Boards/Black Chrome Light Bar/Behind the Grille Running lights - HALOS/4 100W KC Daylighters - Black/Fire-Ice Bar/Recon Smoked LED Cab Lights/Electronic Safe/
Old 11-26-2010, 10:02 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
Dan is on a distinguished road

It sounds like the seller is willing to go out of his way to work with you. If Diablosport is willing to work with the guy to get the thing unlocked for free provided he can get some documentation, I'd definitely give him some time to try to get that done.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:52 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: id say simple
Color: Silver
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:64
TRIPOD will become famous soon enough

***Another update***

Well I was out of town this weekend watching the Redskins lose to the Vikings. I returned home today and no e-mail. I basically told him that I would give him one more day to get the information from the dealership, or he could either give me 60 bucks (splitting the cost with predator on the tune) or I was filling a complaint with ebay. I really hated to sound rude with the guy, but it's hard earned money I have tied up in a paper weight.
He replied back saying that he lives about 70 miles from the dealership, he was doing what he could, and he worked for a living too.
Well, he has until tomorrow at 5pm and I filling with ebay.

On another note, I ordered a data cable for it the same day and it hasnt came in yet. I had to send that guy a email too about shipping. I really hope the holidays have it held up.
It seems like the whole tuner deal is just bad karma or something....
Old 11-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with Maddog. But before you send it back for a refund or spend the $ for an unlock, I'd give the seller a 'reasonable' opportunity to sort this out. Based on the short period of time, and his obvious willingness to try to sort this out, I believe he is doing what is necessary to have 100% positive feedback. Try putting yourself in his boots. Realistically, what do you think is a reasonable amount of time and effort? If you were trying to resolve this issue, and keep your employer happy, how long would it take you get all the ducks lined up?

IMO, if the seller is in communications, a couple or 3 weeks is reasonable under the circumstances. I do a lot of buying on ebay. I wish all of the sellers I dealt with communicated as good as this guy is communicating with you.

I hope this gets resolved soon, and in a way where you get the programmer up and running without any additional expense.....because that would be the deal of a lifetime! But if it doesn't go that way, and the seller does refund your $......he has done the right thing.

After all, you admit to having looked at tuners for months......what's a few more days/weeks?

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 11-30-2010, 12:38 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
I have to agree with Maddog. But before you send it back for a refund or spend the $ for an unlock, I'd give the seller a 'reasonable' opportunity to sort this out. Based on the short period of time, and his obvious willingness to try to sort this out, I believe he is doing what is necessary to have 100% positive feedback. Try putting yourself in his boots. Realistically, what do you think is a reasonable amount of time and effort? If you were trying to resolve this issue, and keep your employer happy, how long would it take you get all the ducks lined up?

IMO, if the seller is in communications, a couple or 3 weeks is reasonable under the circumstances. I do a lot of buying on ebay. I wish all of the sellers I dealt with communicated as good as this guy is communicating with you.

I hope this gets resolved soon, and in a way where you get the programmer up and running without any additional expense.....because that would be the deal of a lifetime! But if it doesn't go that way, and the seller does refund your $......he has done the right thing.

After all, you admit to having looked at tuners for months......what's a few more days/weeks?
I respect your opinion, and trust me, it's taken to heart. I am trying to put myself in his shoes. And his refund is, you send it back, I'll give you your money back (thats a big chance to take.) I have sold several things on ebay, and its stressfull to make the buyer happy some times.
However, I feel that I have given him plenty of time to make things right. He has had three days to call the dealership and find out if he can get the info needed. I have $150 dollars tied up in nothing other than a dust collector at the moment. I've sold many things on ebay, I have 100% feedback, and only because I've busted my tail to make sure the buyer was satisfied. Not to mention, id have to send it off to predator under his sons name, only to take a chance on this guy calling and changing the address for return shipping. Plus the fact I only have so many days to file a claim with ebay. Maybe trust is the biggest issue with me, idk. Maybe I'm just getting aggravated at the whole situation, idk. Like I said, I do appriciate your post, and everyone elses because it does give me a second, third, etc, insite on things.

Last edited by TRIPOD; 11-30-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
KillerBBBs is on a distinguished road

These are the time lines e-bay recommends.

If you haven't received an item, you can open a case 3 days after the estimated delivery date (if available) or 7 days after making payment (if no estimated delivery date was provided). If you received an item and it doesn't match the seller's description, you can open a case right away. You must open a case within 45 days of making payment.
The seller has 7 days from the time you open the case to reply.

So even if you open the case he has 7 more days to fix it. I think you should open your case tonight like you said. Did you use paypal, cause that would make it a lot easier to get your money. When you file your case you can state that you would except the item for a partial refund.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:03 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Water Pearl
Rep:71
latitud will become famous soon enough

I have had a few issues on ebay and not had much luck with "buyer protection" I would simply take him up on his offer of full refund. See if he is willing to refund the price plus shipping both ways. If he argrees to that, I would ship it back with signature required delivery and be done with it. I wouldn't even try to do anything with Diablo, they are great to work with, but if you are required to pay to ship it off and use someone elses name, and then expect them to call and make sure to have it shipped back to you...that seems like a chance for more lost money.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:59 PM

KillerBBBs, thats exactly what I did!

Today he e-mailed me basically saying "stop threatening me with ebay", and "I will go half on the new predator re-tune AFTER you leave positive feedback for me". I gave him my word if he would paypal me the 60 bucks I'd leave positive feedback, and I would have. BUT, if I left positive feedback and he didnt pay, I'd be screwed. He sent back I have a 100% feedback rating of over 1000 and you have 12 feedbacks (I have over 150 positive feedbacks)". Well I told him I gave him my word and a mans word is all he has. He never replied back, so I filed the complaint with eBay for a partial refund. We'll see what happens, at this point I'm just fed up with all of it.

My data cable came today and I went ahead and paid to have it re-tuned, ( I just cant stand to wait any longer, plus that way I could have a receipt to provide eBay with if need be) predator did it over the phone with a few steps on the programer.

I tried to upload the updated tune off there web site, I down loaded all the software, but, the software cant find my tuner. It keeps saying searching for com port or something like that. Im thinking now I have a bad cable from the tuner to the computer. Im going to radio shack tom and getting another one. I hope that fixes it, because the tuner STILL will not tune my truck. It says it needs to be updated. I tell ya if I ever get this thing tuned, it will be a miracle!!!!!

Last edited by TRIPOD; 11-30-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:27 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi
Color: Brilliant Black Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:222
BLKSVT has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSVT has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSVT has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPOD View Post
KillerBBBs, thats exactly what I did!

Today he e-mailed me basically saying "stop threatening me with ebay", and "I will go half on the new predator re-tune AFTER you leave positive feedback for me". I gave him my word if he would paypal me the 60 bucks I'd leave positive feedback, and I would have. BUT, if I left positive feedback and he didnt pay, I'd be screwed. He sent back I have a 100% feedback rating of over 1000 and you have 12 feedbacks (I have over 150 positive feedbacks)". Well I told him I gave him my word and a mans word is all he has. He never replied back, so I filed the complaint with eBay for a partial refund. We'll see what happens, at this point I'm just fed up with all of it.

My data cable came today and I went ahead and paid to have it re-tuned, ( I just cant stand to wait any longer, plus that way I could have a receipt to provide eBay with if need be) predator did it over the phone with a few steps on the programer.

I tried to upload the updated tune off there web site, I down loaded all the software, but, the software cant find my tuner. It keeps saying searching for com port or something like that. Im thinking now I have a bad cable from the tuner to the computer. Im going to radio shack tom and getting another one. I hope that fixes it, because the tuner STILL will not tune my truck. It says it needs to be updated. I tell ya if I ever get this thing tuned, it will be a miracle!!!!!
Can you share how they had you clear it??? And also, don't get to stressed over the download not finding your tuner, I bought a brand new one with the cable and I had the same issue, come to find out I didn't need to do the update anyway. Get on the diablo web site and you will find a wealth of info and trouble shooting techniques.

As for the ebay seller, to me that was total BS, that guy could have provided diablo with some kind of proof it was his sons...and insurance card with his name and vin, an old reg card, something, even the dealership could have emailed or faxed him some info...I would slam the ass monkey for that if it were me....just sayin

"MPG???...I get Smiles Per Gallon!"
2010 RAM SPORT CC 4x4 Hemi
Diablo Tuner, Mufflex 14, Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks, 3.5 lift, 35 in mud tires