DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Diablo Predator Questions & Info!

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
Dan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPOD View Post
Yeah I finally got it tuned with the pc land cable. Only thing is, I've noticed the trans seems to shift hard, and the mds is not off. Is there an option for the mds and other changes? I only seen the three gas tunes and the custom tune. It tunes it, and the only mod I see is the tire size. Can anyone answer this ? for me. I'll try and do a search on it aswell.
I do notice more torque at lower rpms.

As far as the feedback, I havent left anything yet! I'm still thinking on what I'm gonna leave.
try hooking up the predator, pick whatever tune you want to start with (87, 91, or 93 octane tune), then go to "Modify Parameters". I think there is an option in there to disable MDS. You'll have to install the tune again after that, but you won't have to wait for the original backup to be saved again.

As for the shifting, Diablosport made the shifts firmer intentionally. I'm not sure if there is an option that allows the user to adjust shift firmness- you could definitely have that adjusted if you got a custom tune done.
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2010, 01:11 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: id say simple
Color: Silver
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:64
TRIPOD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
try hooking up the predator, pick whatever tune you want to start with (87, 91, or 93 octane tune), then go to "Modify Parameters". I think there is an option in there to disable MDS. You'll have to install the tune again after that, but you won't have to wait for the original backup to be saved again.

As for the shifting, Diablosport made the shifts firmer intentionally. I'm not sure if there is an option that allows the user to adjust shift firmness- you could definitely have that adjusted if you got a custom tune done.
Thank You Very Much!!!!
I have had limited time to search "how to take off the mds on the predator". I will def. try this as soon as I get a chance. Also good to know about the shift firmness! It seems like I feel it more on the mds.

Thanks again..
Old 12-06-2010, 09:59 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

I say wait until you have your cash in hand from paypal then bad rep his ass for lying and selling you something he knew you couldn't use! thats the only reason he refunded you anything to protect his rating so I say screw him like he tried to do you!!!
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 12-20-2010, 12:35 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: id say simple
Color: Silver
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:64
TRIPOD will become famous soon enough

I finally got my 60 bucks and also the refund on the data cable (had to file a claim on it, send it back, and still esculate it through ebay to get my money back.) I have never had such bad luck on eBay. I will say this tho, eBay has been awsome as far as having my back!

I tuned my Ram on 93 octane and turned the mds off. Gas milage seems to be the same on the highway. It seems to dip down a little more in town (not much tho maybe 1 mpg) with mds turned off. With mds on, gas milage seemed to improve a mile a gallon and it was all country road driving, no interstate at all.

The power of the truck seems to come at much lower rpms. I can drive up hills in high gear now where normally it would down shift. Throttle response is quicker aswell.
My seat of the pants dyno was this...
Before the tune, it wouldn't spin, squeak, or belch a tire from a stand still. Now, its a different story. From a stand still the truck will spin a good 15-20 feet sideways (I will note that both times were out in the middle of no where; No people, houses, or youtubes around.)

Anywho thats my write up. I am a true believer in the predator. Well recommended here! I just hope you dont go through what I did to get one. Go buy one from a sponsor here and save yourself the headache!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:28 AM

Vehicle: 2002 DODGE RAM
Trim Level: QC SLT 2WD
Color: Almond Pearl, Blacked Out
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:65
RAMING IT will become famous soon enough

wow tripod I just got done reading this thread and you sure went thru hell! but overall you sound like a reasonable guy with patience that just wanted what was fair! fair is fair. enjoy your diablo bud.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cad 4X4
Trim Level: 1500 SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
gearologist is on a distinguished road

Wow TRIPOD quite the story man. GLAD it all ended good.