DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-25-2010, 03:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
Zerox is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie here Leveling Kit Question

Had my 2011 quad cab sport for about a month now and I love it I have a buddy who owns a body shop and when I went there today he gave me hell. He said that truck needs to be leveled ASAP. I agreed since It has been bothering me for a while now at how low the front is.

My question is what is the best kit out there to get? Im not to fussy with spending a few dollars more but not overkill. I have no idea what is a good kit and what isn't. I would love to lift mine in a year or 2. Guy in my city has a sweet white sport lifted. Looks badass

4x4 of course, not sure if this is standard in all new model but it also has the 4x4 auto (which I never use and was told not to) brother in law warned me to avoid that at all costs.

Oh and I HATE wobbly riding vehicles, I read 2' is the way to go, some people report annoying wobbling with 2.5'. Again I have no idea, I need personal experiences for this.

So yes... any info would be great.

Something along these lines

http://www.readylift.com/c-246-dodge...d-only-25.aspx

Or this...????????????

http://www.readylift.com/c-157-dodge...-lift-kit.aspx

Last edited by Zerox; 11-25-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 dodge ram 1500 4x4 4.7LV8
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
dodgemannc2008 is on a distinguished road

hey man i just recently purchased a rough country 2.5" spacer kit with a 1.5" rear lift......it is garbage i had to return it the self clinching studs were snapping a 30 ft lbs of torque and yet the kit said to torque at 35 to 45.....?? grade a hardware? no way..... its junk if i were you which is what i am doing is either buy daystar i have always heard wonderful things about them...... but BDS Suspension is really where i would and i am putting my money they have the number 1 warranty of anyone and there price of the spacer kit is right there with all the other top dogs..... i know several guys with BDS products and they are outstanding from design to looks and quality. go BDS i am...... there's a good reason why Rough Country and some of these other places are cheaper than other's cause its crap.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black Pearl Coat
Rep:25
Zerox is on a distinguished road

Ive been looking on BDS website and they don't seem to have any 2' - 2.5' levelling kits. I am stuck here. Readylift or not?
Old 11-26-2010, 12:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 dodge ram 1500 4x4 4.7LV8
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
dodgemannc2008 is on a distinguished road

i havent heard anyting bad about them.... so i cant knock them... have you tried daystar? i know they make a good product. but again i dont know of any bad reviews on ready lift.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 09 SRT8 Challenger
Rep:887
mySRT8u is a splendid one to beholdmySRT8u is a splendid one to beholdmySRT8u is a splendid one to beholdmySRT8u is a splendid one to beholdmySRT8u is a splendid one to beholdmySRT8u is a splendid one to beholdmySRT8u is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the Z, we're happy to have you on aboard.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

Readylift is the way to go.I had one on my 04 Roush F-150 and loved it!!It was a 3" levliing kit.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:32 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: QC Sport 4x4
Color: silver
Rep:-76
Chops is infamous around these parts

from what i've read so far you need to put a 2.5" level kit on the 2011's. on the 2010s had a 2" kit that leveled the truck, but then there was a kit that was 2.5" front and .75" rear. But on the 2011's they beefed up the rear suspension so you need a 2.5" kit to sit level, and nothing in the rear is affected.
This is the one that i'm going with, waiting to find a good deal on ebay or something, not going to buy new rubber til the spring so i've got some time.
http://www.readylift.com/c-246-dodge...d-only-25.aspx

As for the 4wd auto deal, you can use it, but what it does is engage the front axle but send power to the rear wheels. When you lose traction in the rear it sends the power up front. So it will affect your fuel mileage and add additional wear on front end components. Probably not recommended for driving on the highway for extended periods of time. I have it on my truck and use it when driving around the city after fresh snow. the stock tires suck a D!

Keep us posted on which way you go, and all the other dudes on here will hound you for pics...be warned
Old 12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

If you guys go with a Readylift I can probably get you a better deal if you live in the states.The taxes for Canada are crazy for shipping over the border for some reason.