DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram 1500 sport
Trim Level: crew cab sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:28
earlzie is on a distinguished road

haha yea the po po are horrible in ontario lol.. i got pulled over on the way back to calgary last winter... i think it was right outside dryden... was behind a couple semi's and i wanted to pass them so i hammered down and passed them just before reaching the top of the hill... and who do you think was at the top... PO PO's!! haha.. and i tried to explain my situation but no good...

and why do you think i live here in calgary instead of tbay... haha just kidding.. i actually like thunder bay theres just no jobs of course.. but summer life is amazing there.. if you fish you would fall in love with it... great fishing
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2010, 10:55 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I got the same thing driving on either side of T-Bay. On the west side, it was dark and I'd been driving for 16hrs, so I was just out of it and driving like normal... for Alberta... they frown on 120km/hr. Then 11 hrs later, after I slept in the truck, I get a ticket on the east side in the exact same situation as yours... I was PISSED, and I proceeded to do the speed limit exactly, which made everyone behind me mad too since there's no place to pass on that highway.

At least both officers gave me a break and only charged me with 10 over, not the 30 I was doing, guess they took pity on a university student moving out east.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram 1500 sport
Trim Level: crew cab sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:28
earlzie is on a distinguished road

haha no doubt.. i remember it was pretty windy and the officer was on a motorcycle.. he was giving my shit for driving like that in that wind.. i was thinking to myself... i live in calgary.. this is nothing lol.. i don't know how well that would have went over if i said that though
Old 12-01-2011, 06:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:46
RT TT is on a distinguished road

hids do suck in heavy snow falls like your freind said actually makes it worse it is true. i sell hids in windsor ontario area and get the complaint alot. i had the dealer turn the drl's off (managers a good freind) so when the snow is heavy i just run the fog lights which also have hids and im fine. you can still see pretty good with the headlights on but its like watching the windows 95 screen saver while trying to drive lol
Old 12-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram ST
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:15
redlightrico is on a distinguished road

I was lucky the last time I drove to Sudbury for Christmas, found another Alberta truck, both of us with Radar detectors....made record time
Old 12-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport Lifted 8"
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:34
Mad Cow is on a distinguished road

I live in Alaska and I run 6000k HID's and I would not have anything other then HID's in the snow.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:100
LeKy411 will become famous soon enoughLeKy411 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlzie View Post
hey guys... im from Canada and of course the snow is starting to fall here for winter.. anyway i would like to know which kind of headlight bulbs are good for snowy conditions? Halogens, HID's.... i currently bought some PIAA lights but a friend told me that the bright lights are horrible for snowy driving because you see every single snow flake and he actually pulled over tot he side of the road and ripped his out and put the old ones back in haha.. since it is a pain in the butt to replace the bulbs now.. having to take the grill off and everything.. i would like to know which is best before i take everything apart..

Thanks!!
With all the lights from other cars even with good bulbs there is a lot of glare in Chicago with the snow. Did you know tossing on a pair of yellow polarized lens for sun glasses such as Oakley eliminates the glare from the snow. It's actually really nice to have those for winter driving even in the dark. Just a suggestion since I know nothing about bulbs.