DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:124
js1977 will become famous soon enoughjs1977 will become famous soon enough

Today I took the truck in to get the door speakers replaced, I thought I would be there all day since I had to be worked in, but luckly I was only there for an hour or so. I got in my truck after they told me it was ready, got in turned the radio on and guess what I heard, snap crackel pop. STILL!!!, So I went back in and got the tech to come out to the truck to hear that it was still not working right. So now they have decided it's the radio. I have to bring it in next week so they can take the radio out to get some numbers so they can then order the radio for my truck. If I'm lucky I might have my radio working by next friday, if... it's not something else like the amp, ... Lets hope not...
So I get to take a trip to texas with no radio this weekend,
Old 12-03-2010, 10:30 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Water Blue/White Gold Two Tone
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:51
20Laramie11 will become famous soon enough

That blows man. Sorry to hear it. I can't believe they are making you come back for that? They have to get numbers to order a new radio...maybe I'm missing something here? There must be more to it I guess. But to have you come back when you are already there seems a bit weird. Just pop off the bezel and pull the radio and get the numbers for them! LOL! Hope it all works out for ya bud. Keep us posted!
Old 12-04-2010, 08:29 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Yup it does sound like radio. VERY rare that a factory speaker fails that quickly unless someone cranked the crap out of the eq settings and volume.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:26 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Rep:209
Barnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura about

How can they not turn the radio on and make sure it's working BEFORE they hand it back to you?! I'd be worried the new speakers were damaged now that they 'fed them' to the defective radio (or whatever the real problem is).
Old 12-11-2010, 07:10 PM

So to give a little (no improvement) update, the truck is going into the dealer monday morning so they can pull the radio out to get the numbers so they can order a new one, plus it's getting the oil changed. The change oil light didn't come on and I've reached 7,000 miles so I figured I better get it done.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:53 PM

So I took the truck into the dealer today to get the oil changed and get the radio pulled so they can finally order a radio. Well while I was sitting in the waiting room, they finally came in and told me they were done. They told me that the oil was changed but they were unable to to hear the static/inop speakers so they couldn't do anything....WAIT WHAT??!!??! The guy proceeded to tell me that the radio was working fine and that I'd have to bring it back when it was messing up so they could see if it's the radio or the amp. I wasn't buying it!!!! I told him that the other guy had heard the noise and said it WAS the radio and that I brought it in today so ya'll could pull the radio to get the numbers off of it and order me a new one. So finally the guy talk to the other tech and told me that they'd need the keys back so they could pull it back in to get the numbers off the radio. thirty minutes later they were done and my radio was getting ordered...FINALLY!!!! The guy was like, I just hope it isn't the amp, so I told him well if it is, then I guess I'll bring it back so ya'll can order that too... I just want it fixed, it sucks not being able to listen to the radio without the crazy loud static crap ruining the music... To be continued...
Old 12-14-2010, 12:33 AM

chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's a start at least! Hopefully that's all it is.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:38 PM

FINALLY!!! Well today I stopped by the dealer today to pick up a decal that I had ordered for my truck and while I was at it, I asked if my radio was in or not. My decal hadn't arrived but lucky my radio was, so they told me to come back at 230 and they'd install it. Well it was installed and so far so good, cross your fingers this fixed it, the only thing left is the amp if it starts happening again. My advice to anyone having this problem, tell the tech to check the radio/amp FIRST! (he know's his way around the vehicle BUT!!!) But you don't wanna be like me and have to take it in a million times to find out that you were right.

BTW Thanks to everyone for all the advice and moral support, LOL...

UPDATE!!! 5:53PM Well it was short lived, went out to the truck to grab something and I heard a pop from the speaker, So I turned the truck on and guess what...Snap crackel Pop!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!! Well I guess I'll go up ther and tell them they need to order a amp now, it's the only thing left, will this ever end????

Last edited by js1977; 12-16-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:08 PM

Update.... I called the dealership today and they have to have the truck brought in and checkedby a tech first before they can order the Amp, Tuesday afternoon is the soonest they can get me in but they guy told me that they should get the part in that next wed and should beable to put it in that thursday before the christmas holiday, Everyone please cross your fingers that this gets fixed before x-mas and it stays fixed.....LOL!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 03:12 PM

Fingers crossed, hopefully that fixes it!!!